Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Looks really good.
Update on the last coat wax I'm trying out.

Still checking out longevity but I am adding it to my arsenal. It does have a better cleaning component to it than the other stuff, I don't think it will be a 6 month spray wax but that is ok. It is applied so easily and bugs just blast off with the water hose, only the really bad ones leave a little bit and it washes off very easily.

Any tar I've picked up just washes off and anything really bad wipes off with a soapy micro fiber towel.

I am actually using it and my long time final touch together. I believe it is a good quality spay wax and worth checking out.

Recently sold my Hellcat for a very good price and picked this up as my new run around toy. Wife wanted a convertible and was afraid of the Hellcat. 5 and 1/2 years yielded a lot of good times and fun but time to move on while I could get a much better price because of the times we are in.

This little thing is nothing but a blast to drive. Because of the shortages had to go to Texas to get what we were looking for. That was a long drive...

Put a good coat of nu finish past wax on it then using the new spray wax on top of that. Small cars are soooooo much easier to car for.

Ford F-150 Information on King Ranch Interior Materials 1619827987541
Ford F-150 Information on King Ranch Interior Materials 1619828290730
Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Update on the last coat wax I'm trying out.

Still checking out longevity but I am adding it to my arsenal. It does have a better cleaning component to it than the other stuff, I don't think it will be a 6 month spray wax but that is ok. It is applied so easily and bugs just blast off with the water hose, only the really bad ones leave a little bit and it washes off very easily.

Any tar I've picked up just washes off and anything really bad wipes off with a soapy micro fiber towel.

I am actually using it and my long time final touch together. I believe it is a good quality spay wax and worth checking out.

Recently sold my Hellcat for a very good price and picked this up as my new run around toy. Wife wanted a convertible and was afraid of the Hellcat. 5 and 1/2 years yielded a lot of good times and fun but time to move on while I could get a much better price because of the times we are in.

This little thing is nothing but a blast to drive. Because of the shortages had to go to Texas to get what we were looking for. That was a long drive...

Put a good coat of nu finish past wax on it then using the new spray wax on top of that. Small cars are soooooo much easier to car for.

1619827987541.jpeg
1619828290730.jpeg
Nice pics..
Good looking car..

CGCMC

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 King Ranch
Occupation
Military
Good work Roger!

This is going to be waaaay more than you asked for but I'm board and you hit a subject near and dear to me. I'm no expert, just, afraid to say, been around for awhile now.

I am anal with the care of my vehicles, inside and out.

The drive I went to in Atlanta did not have a KR so I was not sure it was similar to my 2018, so Roger confirms that now. It is a very good leather but does require cleaning and conditioning to last as you all know.

I have gone through many different products with the leather and wax I use and find many work well but have settled into my favorites. First priority for me of course is how well they do the job I purchased them for. Second would be ease of application and use, Last is price.

Fortuity the good stuff does not have to break your wallet. I don't really consider longevity very much for I don't mind a wax that needs to applied often, as long as it is easy to apply and performs well. There many out there that I have used that meet this criteria.

Even though I don't usually keep my vehicles very long, I take care of them as if I do, till they turn to dust. Makes them desirable used and I like driving a vehicle that looks new all the time.

Lexol is good and I have used it in the past and liked it. Now I'm using Leather Milk, just liking it better. Never use a product with petroleum in it.

You can see the products I'm currently using, most for awhile now but I try new stuff here and there. If its better, I start using it, if not, I don't of course. No telling how much money I have spent on such products. Lol

I use a boar hair wash brush, nothing better.

I air blow my vehicles after washing, I don't wipe dry and never, ever, let it sit to dry. This is an 8hp blower and you can dry a big truck, spot free in 5 to 6 minutes, including the tires and wheels. Wash in shade of course.

The Final Touch wax has been with me for a long time now, found it when we had Harley bikes. I have tried many of this type and most do well to very well but I keep coming back to my Final Touch. I have recently been also using the Adams spray wax in conjunction with Final Touch. I'm really liking both so rather than dropping one for the other, I alternate. In some way they seem to enhance the other.

When I get a new car I like to put a good paste wax base coat down and then use my spray waxes on top of that.

Nu Finish, believe it or not, has the longest lasting formula of any I have tried and of an extensive test done by someone I know on You Tube. Best test I had seen and he used all the latest waxes, over the counter ceramics, etc. 30 in all I believe. He taped off a car hood, applied the products and then set it out in the yard on saw horses or something. Almost weekly, he would wash the hood and check water run off and beading. He did this for about a year and was still going last time I checked. The Nu Finish beat them all.

I don't want a cleaner with my spray wax, just the wax. If I need to clean a spot after my wash I use the Nu Finish and then spray.

The black plastics/trim pieces, I use Trim Serum, haven't been using it long but it is way better than the others I had been using. Has UV shield and many don't and it doesn't leave greasy film that dust can stick to.

I like to use Shout on the black rubber wheels. Spray on, wait a few minutes, brush it and spray off. Don't let it dry. If you have a pressure washer out, you don't have to brush it, just spray. I don't do this every time I wash, just when the tires start needing a cleaning. I don't use any tire dressing, most of them just attract and hold dirt.

I have chrome wheels but even if I didn't, I like using Wheel Repellent, makes it easier to clean the wheels, it's like a wax for wheels. I also like how it is just wash wheels, dry and then just spray a light coat. I do this about every month or so.

There you have it, I told you, you hit a tic spot for me and you paid the price. :ROFLMAO:

As mentioned, no expert, just a novice and still learning, very sorry for going overboard...??

20201113_094322.jpg

20201113_094243.jpg

20201113_094313.jpg

20201113_094207.jpg

20201113_094218.jpg

20201113_094345.jpg

20201113_094330.jpg

20201113_094147.jpg

20201113_094136.jpg

20201113_094200.jpg

20201113_095252.jpg
Good work Roger!

This is going to be waaaay more than you asked for but I'm board and you hit a subject near and dear to me. I'm no expert, just, afraid to say, been around for awhile now.

I am anal with the care of my vehicles, inside and out.

The drive I went to in Atlanta did not have a KR so I was not sure it was similar to my 2018, so Roger confirms that now. It is a very good leather but does require cleaning and conditioning to last as you all know.

I have gone through many different products with the leather and wax I use and find many work well but have settled into my favorites. First priority for me of course is how well they do the job I purchased them for. Second would be ease of application and use, Last is price.

Fortuity the good stuff does not have to break your wallet. I don't really consider longevity very much for I don't mind a wax that needs to applied often, as long as it is easy to apply and performs well. There many out there that I have used that meet this criteria.

Even though I don't usually keep my vehicles very long, I take care of them as if I do, till they turn to dust. Makes them desirable used and I like driving a vehicle that looks new all the time.

Lexol is good and I have used it in the past and liked it. Now I'm using Leather Milk, just liking it better. Never use a product with petroleum in it.

You can see the products I'm currently using, most for awhile now but I try new stuff here and there. If its better, I start using it, if not, I don't of course. No telling how much money I have spent on such products. Lol

I use a boar hair wash brush, nothing better.

I air blow my vehicles after washing, I don't wipe dry and never, ever, let it sit to dry. This is an 8hp blower and you can dry a big truck, spot free in 5 to 6 minutes, including the tires and wheels. Wash in shade of course.

The Final Touch wax has been with me for a long time now, found it when we had Harley bikes. I have tried many of this type and most do well to very well but I keep coming back to my Final Touch. I have recently been also using the Adams spray wax in conjunction with Final Touch. I'm really liking both so rather than dropping one for the other, I alternate. In some way they seem to enhance the other.

When I get a new car I like to put a good paste wax base coat down and then use my spray waxes on top of that.

Nu Finish, believe it or not, has the longest lasting formula of any I have tried and of an extensive test done by someone I know on You Tube. Best test I had seen and he used all the latest waxes, over the counter ceramics, etc. 30 in all I believe. He taped off a car hood, applied the products and then set it out in the yard on saw horses or something. Almost weekly, he would wash the hood and check water run off and beading. He did this for about a year and was still going last time I checked. The Nu Finish beat them all.

I don't want a cleaner with my spray wax, just the wax. If I need to clean a spot after my wash I use the Nu Finish and then spray.

The black plastics/trim pieces, I use Trim Serum, haven't been using it long but it is way better than the others I had been using. Has UV shield and many don't and it doesn't leave greasy film that dust can stick to.

I like to use Shout on the black rubber wheels. Spray on, wait a few minutes, brush it and spray off. Don't let it dry. If you have a pressure washer out, you don't have to brush it, just spray. I don't do this every time I wash, just when the tires start needing a cleaning. I don't use any tire dressing, most of them just attract and hold dirt.

I have chrome wheels but even if I didn't, I like using Wheel Repellent, makes it easier to clean the wheels, it's like a wax for wheels. I also like how it is just wash wheels, dry and then just spray a light coat. I do this about every month or so.

There you have it, I told you, you hit a tic spot for me and you paid the price. :ROFLMAO:

As mentioned, no expert, just a novice and still learning, very sorry for going overboard...??

20201113_094322.jpg

20201113_094243.jpg

20201113_094313.jpg

20201113_094207.jpg

20201113_094218.jpg

20201113_094345.jpg

20201113_094330.jpg

20201113_094147.jpg

20201113_094136.jpg

20201113_094200.jpg

20201113_095252.jpg
Bob,
I see the 3 Leather Milks, any insight on the differences/process? Looks like ‘formula no. 4’ “cleans and conditions” ??
I just got a 2020 KR, so I am soaking in all the recommendations in this forum to treat her right for our 15+ yr journey that lies ahead!!
Thanks in advance!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Bob,
I see the 3 Leather Milks, any insight on the differences/process? Looks like ‘formula no. 4’ “cleans and conditions” ??
I just got a 2020 KR, so I am soaking in all the recommendations in this forum to treat her right for our 15+ yr journey that lies ahead!!
Thanks in advance!
Congrats on your new KR, they are really something.

The Chamberlain has some great explanations and procedures for keep you leather tip top. Would be better to take a read through on their website.

I will tell you the formula #1 will be what you will use 95% of the time. The others are for accidents or another vehicle that was not taken care of and you are trying to bring the leather back to healthy condition. I like to apply it to the leather with my hands so I get it rubbed into the leather evenly and completely, also don't for get your steering wheel and shifter cover.

Enjoy your new baby!

CGCMC

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 King Ranch
Occupation
Military
Congrats on your new KR, they are really something.

The Chamberlain has some great explanations and procedures for keep you leather tip top. Would be better to take a read through on their website.

I will tell you the formula #1 will be what you will use 95% of the time. The others are for accidents or another vehicle that was not taken care of and you are trying to bring the leather back to healthy condition. I like to apply it to the leather with my hands so I get it rubbed into the leather evenly and completely, also don't for get your steering wheel and shifter cover.

Enjoy your new baby!
Thanks bob!!
Sponsored