In Fords Own Words......

Chewza

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 AMB Plat PB
I'll say that my April 15th blend date truck that I picked up 2 days go and had sat in a lot looked pristine both on the inside and outside. Whether they refurbed it after sitting that long I don't know. But I have no complaints with the vehicle at the moment. Fit and finish are great, fitment of panels is uniform, and the underside appears to have been sprayed black.

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX 5, 2018 Hyundai
Occupation
Retired Air Force, Currently a Federal Employee
https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/vehicle-care/how-to-store-your-vehicle.html

You think they are following their own guidelines with your parked trucks??
When I finally get my Platinum F-150 (order date: 2021-01-30, production date: 2021-04-23) i have downloaded the checklist from this site and i will go over the truck with a fine tooth comb before I sign for it. Each day that goes by I get a little more depressed as i see others with dates after mine receiving their trucks. I want to pull the plug, but my wife talks common sense to me. My dealer can only tell me so much. Ford needs more informative and a lot more transparent. According to my dealer Ford is totally aware they are not informative or transparent on this issue.

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
I can tell you that mine sat from 4/30 until 6/9 when it was finally completed, 6/22 delivered. I had no undercarriage rust, not issues that I could see, everything seems to be in perfect working order. No telling what they did or did not do from this list but I have no complaints as of yet.

Last edited:

Drufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lead Foot Lariat
When I finally get my Platinum F-150 (order date: 2021-01-30, production date: 2021-04-23) i have downloaded the checklist from this site and i will go over the truck with a fine tooth comb before I sign for it. Each day that goes by I get a little more depressed as i see others with dates after mine receiving their trucks. I want to pull the plug, but my wife talks common sense to me. My dealer can only tell me so much. Ford needs more informative and a lot more transparent. According to my dealer Ford is totally aware they are not informative or transparent on this issue.

I wanted to reorder but my wife in making me stay the course with mine as well. Ordered 12/30, produced 4/21, purgatory since then. My dealer simply said its waiting for chips.

Sponsored

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I wanted to reorder but my wife in making me stay the course with mine as well. Ordered 12/30, produced 4/21, purgatory since then. My dealer simply said its waiting for chips.
Dang wife....LOL! Well, i know we are not alone. I read this forum a lot just keeping up today on any news. I am praying the truck arrives NLT August. I have already had to cancel a couple of camping trips as I don't have a vehicle any longer that can pull my camper. What happened was that my dealer said it looks like the vehicle will arrive late april early May, well, hearing this i sold my truck...then the bombshell dropped...Still in production....ugh!

I am keeping good spirits about the whole thing. Now, my dealer calls me weekly with any news, good, bad, or none.

Drufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lead Foot Lariat
Dang wife....LOL! Well, i know we are not alone. I read this forum a lot just keeping up today on any news. I am praying the truck arrives NLT August. I have already had to cancel a couple of camping trips as I don't have a vehicle any longer that can pull my camper. What happened was that my dealer said it looks like the vehicle will arrive late april early May, well, hearing this i sold my truck...then the bombshell dropped...Still in production....ugh!

I am keeping good spirits about the whole thing. Now, my dealer calls me weekly with any news, good, bad, or none.

That's gracious of your dealer. I usually need to send them a few emails or leave several voice messages until they respond with "no update, waiting on chips".

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I can tell you that mine sat from 4/30 until 6/9 when it was finally completed, 6/22 delivered. I had no undercarriage rust, not issues that I could see, everything seems to be in perfect working order. No telling what they did or did not do from this list but I have no complaints as of yet.
Just wondering what part of NA do you live? That seems like pretty quick shipping time. Mine shipped 6/20 and the ETA is 7/13 to 7/19. I live in Western NY.

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Just wondering what part of NA do you live? That seems like pretty quick shipping time. Mine shipped 6/20 and the ETA is 7/13 to 7/19. I live in Western NY.
Mississippi Gulf Coast, rail right from yard to New Orleans. 1.5 hour by transport to my dealer.

Jfc35

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ordered 1/29 Mine shipped 5/19 with an estimated delivery date of 6/10 still waiting, dealer said sitting in a rail yard in NJ waiting for truck to deliver to dealership in NY.

Sponsored

bpost

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
One thing auto execs can do is math. Until people stop ordering trucks what is their incentive to improve customer service? If 2020/21 taught us anything it is that companies are willing to commit long term suicide for short term profit and sometimes for no short term profit. Just look at the demonstrably unprofitable virtue signaling to a minute fraction of the populace that corporate America is engaging in guaranteed to destroy at least half their customer base. All those resources could be put to better customer service.

kenpitt

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150
Occupation
retired
Hang in there, I ordered mine 11-18-2020, production date was 4-15-2021, estimate delivery date 10-31-2021, mine too is a platinum, sometime I forget I even ordered it, lol.

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
VERY rare for a vehicle to sit in a dealer lot for 3+ months. Two bigger issues with parking in random fields around Detroit... they are not being moved even a little, so flat spots on tires, second, I highly doubt anyone is walking thru all those lots/fields doing pest management (whether bird droppings, field mice, etc.).

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Hang in there, I ordered mine 11-18-2020, production date was 4-15-2021, estimate delivery date 10-31-2021, mine too is a platinum, sometime I forget I even ordered it, lol.
Kenpitt, I also occasionally forget I even ordered a truck. I have my wife remind so i don't go purchasing something else. You've been waiting a lot longer than i have been obviously patience is a virtue. I did call Dearborn yesterday and i got the same answer as i always get "Sir, your truck is on hold due to the semi-conductor shortage". I didn't want to take it out on the lady so i said Thank you have a nice day.
Sponsored