First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
Does anyone know if the 12 volt power outlet on the dash can be set to turn off when the truck is turned off? I have a dash cam plugged into this and don't want to have to remember to unplug it every time I turn the truck off. On my previous truck (Silverado 2500HD) it could be turned off by moving a fuse in the fuse panel.
Sponsored

OP
OP
3DogKnight

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
Does anyone know if the 12 volt power outlet on the dash can be set to turn off when the truck is turned off? I have a dash cam plugged into this and don't want to have to remember to unplug it every time I turn the truck off. On my previous truck (Silverado 2500HD) it could be turned off by moving a fuse in the fuse panel.
OK I figured it out all by myself. The 12 volt power outlet goes off after a while. I left the camera on when I shut the truck off and came back about 45 minutes later to magically see it was off. I never said I was a rocket surgeon.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
OK I figured it out all by myself. The 12 volt power outlet goes off after a while. I left the camera on when I shut the truck off and came back about 45 minutes later to magically see it was off. I never said I was a rocket surgeon.
Some dashcams turn off when they have been left on for a while and the vehicle doesn't move.

ptricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
You can configure the timeout via Forscan.

Here's an example. Older truck, but same process:
Sponsored