• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Speak for yourself, lol. I'm not necessarily hurting for a vehicle, however not having one (and borrowing the SO's car) will be very inconvenient in suburban America for 2-3 years so some of us are looking at temporary alternatives.

Of course, this was all my own doing, but it was hard to pass up taking advantage of this used car market.
Fair enough, I forgot to take into account people wanting to offload their current vehicles while used car prices are at a premium.
Sponsored

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I think we will see some on dealer lots..canceled orders. Look at MME and Bronco inventory.

They are out there. Not many and probably in rare(undesired) configs..but available with some detective work.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
I think we will see some on dealer lots..canceled orders. Look at MME and Bronco inventory.

They are out there. Not many and probably in rare(undesired) configs..but available with some detective work.
Judging from the fact that I only see 30 MMEs in a 100 mile radius (and most of those are about 50+ miles away), I agree. It will be rare, but with some effort and travel tolerance they can be found. However, I'm curious to see if the F-150s will last more than a day on lots versus an MME.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Judging from the fact that I only see 30 MMEs in a 100 mile radius (and most of those are about 50+ miles away), I agree. It will be rare, but with some effort and travel tolerance they can be found. However, I'm curious to see if the F-150s will last more than a day on lots versus an MME.
Also, people looking to go the hope and see route vs reserving will also have a very very hard time getting the model, battery, options, and color they want. Not to mention the crazy ADM that will come with any Lightning available on a lot.

I guess there are people out there willing to pay $50k+ for a SR Pro though.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Also, people looking to go the hope and see route vs reserving will also have a very very hard time getting the model, battery, options, and color they want. Not to mention the crazy ADM that will come with any Lightning available on a lot.
Oh, you can forget about buying a lot Lightning without any ADM for years, let alone anything under 5k. Dealers are already confirming that even if they're not doing ADM for orders, they will for stock. I wouldn't be shocked to see most around the 10k tag with few exceptions.

Unless someone really truly doesn't care about a $10k popularity fee, reserving is the best bet for the foreseeable future.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Unless someone really truly doesn't care about a $10k popularity fee, reserving is the best bet for the foreseeable future.
Not to mention it being the only reliable way to get the truck you want (color, options...etc).

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Not to mention it being the only reliable way to get the truck you want (color, options...etc).
That'll be interesting to see if Ford keeps the trims and options limited, as it initially appears. While you will obviously still have issues just hunting down a vehicle in the first place, could the limited configuration choices increase the chance of finding stock that's exactly (or extremely close to) what you want?

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

I guess there are people out there willing to pay $50k+ for a SR Pro though.
I agree. Only possible exception would be if you found one in rural wyoming or someplace where the market isn't as hot.

Nowdays the internet and online sales have made that increasingly rare.

Back in the early 2000s, i bought one of the first Ford Escape hybrids for invoice when dealers around me were trying to charge $5-8k adm. Found one in the backwoods of VA that the dealer couldn't sell. Everyone was afraid of the batteries failing, it was new technology, etc.(very conservative area).

I imagine pockets like that may exist in rural America...maybe.

I still think the best route is a reservation..but i'll keep my eyes peeled for one in the wild.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
That's a good call on rural America, especially for something as iconic as an F-150. A lot of areas love rolling coal so you may see a few sitting on lots in certain parts of the country.

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's a good call on rural America, especially for something as iconic as an F-150. A lot of areas love rolling coal so you may see a few sitting on lots in certain parts of the country.
I'd be looking in "red" America-- Wyoming, Oklahoma, West Texas, etc.

Lots of people in typical "truck country" are not quite ready for the EV revolution. Think its gonna take a bit more time to change tradition.

I've bought vehicles sight unseen(except for internet pictures) long distance before. I got the pitch down. A quick sell with a bank check(no financing needed) is a good motivator. If the salesperson is willing to deal, I'm the easiest sell he(or she) will have all month.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I wouldn't dream of predicting the future too much since looking in the rear view I know I NEVER would have predicted the last couple of years.

Still, I will just wait until my dealership lets me know that they have an uncalled for Lightening. If it isn't a configuration that I'm interested in, then someone else will end up with it.
I don't pretend to be the #1 customer of my dealership, but I have been doing business with them for better than 20 years and they have pulled a rabbit out of the hat more than once.

And again, I'm not stating any of this hypothetical with much certainty, but that's just the risk I'm taking. Heck, I should go "reserve" a spot, but I am betting I have an opportunity to fetch one before my reservation comes up.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
A Honda generator grumbling away in the middle of the event?
Why not allocate a Lightning as generator or if those are in short supply … surely there's a lot of facepalms over in the F-150 Hybrid team … maybe the Lightning folks didn't want the side-by-side comparison … : )

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
A Lightening should never be intimidated by a Powerboost. Or vice-versa. They are awesome siblings. They should play nicely together since combined they have ALL the bases covered. ?

HtownHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Kia Stinger GT2, 2018 BMW 540i M-Sport
A Lightening should never be intimidated by a Powerboost. Or vice-versa. They are awesome siblings. They should play nicely together since combined they have ALL the bases covered. ?
Lightning not lightening. It’s a big electric flash not a name bc it is made of reduced weight materials.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I would encourage anyone with any interest at all to take a ride in a Lightning. One ride and I was hooked for good. No vehicle that big should be able to move like that. :)

I honestly think a test ride/drive would make a believer of anyone who is skeptical.... Poo
I would have loved to, was even willing to drive a few hours to do it, but everything was booked before I could sign up. Hoping dealers get some test drive mules sometime (late) next year.
Sponsored