Sponsored

If you had to order again would you still get the PowerBoost motor?

Shooter56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Lawyer
It tows and powers my travel trailer with AC, microwave convection oven, coffee maker, water heater and everything else. We can camp anywhere, national forest, blm off grid with no concerns about power. It’s a great daily driver at 20++ mpg. It’s a comfortable, nice handling road trip vehicle with or without the trailer. Plenty of power and torque. Eco idle is nice bonus for the dog. Pretty much the perfect vehicle for my needs. Not one regret. Would buy again.

Yes, you can use the inverter while driving. I’ve previously owned an F-250 7.3l and a Ram 3500, both great for towing and hauling, but not what I need or expect from the Powerboost.

Ford F-150 If you had to order again would you still get the PowerBoost motor? 54750F7A-66A0-4CE2-9AF9-BB300AA519A4
Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I would probably get the power stroke if I could go back in time. 90% of my driving is on Texas interstates at 80+, so I could save a boatload of gas with a diesel. Since that’s no longer available, the powerboost would be my second choice. The 7.2kw is nice, but I’ve not used it enough yet that it is a go to feature for me.

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel
So I regular sit and eat lunch while idling for 20-25 minutes at a time. Are you saying the engine is off most of this time but I can still use HVAC and stuff? That would be huge for my use case.
i don’t think so, in colder temps, ICE comes on more frequently.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
So I regular sit and eat lunch while idling for 20-25 minutes at a time. Are you saying the engine is off most of this time but I can still use HVAC and stuff? That would be huge for my use case.
Yes, with the only caveat being that I assume you’ve driven to work, and then it sits for a while and cools off again. In the summer, this is no problem, you’ll run the A/C electric mostly. In the winter, it will run for probably 5-7 minutes before shutting off to give you heat. It’s great for idling.

To answer your overall question: yes I’d buy this again in a heartbeat if it got totaled tomorrow. To be honest, I don’t use the ProPower really since I don’t tow a camper and have an office job lol. The PB is my daily driver, I’m kinda a techy person (main reason I chose the PB, it’s neat), and I live in the northern VA/DC area, so a hybrid excels here.

If I still lived somewhere more rural, I’d probably have gotten a 6.2 Sierra AT4, cause big V8. But sticking with ford? Idve still gotten the Powerboost. I don’t see much reason to get any other motor in the f150 if cost (and payload for people towing heavy often) isn’t too big of an issue

Sponsored

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
No regrets here… but have to honestly say I still wonder about the diesel. Hindsight, for my use case it would make more sense since it does get better MPG. Power boost MPG definitely not as advertised but way better than the 14MPG I was getting with my ZR2.

if they would only make a diesel with the Pro-power onboard!

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel
For those extra power is worth extra $1900 in limited trim. You also get 7.2 kw generator, fuel saving is not significant in my experience. All my orders are with PB. I had EB 2014 limited and 2018 limited before this, sure will buy again.

if I am going for lower trim, I may choose 2.7 EB for cost saving

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
I would probably get the power stroke if I could go back in time. 90% of my driving is on Texas interstates at 80+, so I could save a boatload of gas with a diesel. Since that’s no longer available, the powerboost would be my second choice. The 7.2kw is nice, but I’ve not used it enough yet that it is a go to feature for me.
I actually saw you on I-45 the other day in The Woodlands area. You have a memorable paint scheme.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Would I buy it again?
I am buying it again.
I have thoroughly enjoyed the Platinum Powerboost that I bought from thin inventory 8 months ago and now that I KNOW how absolutely amazing it is, I ordered a new one built exactly how I want it for longterm ownership.

We purchased a fleet XL Powerboost for the company because of its ability to provide electricity in remote locations. I made the mistake of test driving a Platinum that my dealership also had and the rest is history.

I live rural with frequent power outages. In fact there is a weather advisory today about high winds, the major cause for them. I worry not! :)

And as stated by other posts, working from it as an office on wheels is another benefit that I hadn't considered when I first acquired it. Sitting in my vehicle for an hour or more at a time is common. I have found that the ICE is about 3 minutes per hour while keeping me coddled in luxury.

I don't see me ever again being without this technology. Total gamechanger. The 600lbs of torque and the 4-5mpg increase over my previous KingRanch Ecoboost is just icing on the cake. :)

Sponsored

SteveP150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Not sure yet. I don't use it as a work truck, where the generator would really help. And I've only had it during the cold/snow season so no camping yet, though I anticipate it being nice for that.
It's exceptionally quiet and powerful, which is certainly very nice.
But I'm around 18-19 mpg, which is not really what I was hoping for. And that's driving pretty conservatively most of the time. Not sure how much of that is due to the cold, hills and altitude here in Park City. Guess I'll see the effect of the cold next summer when it's not cold. And I guess it would be interesting to know what folks around here with similar driving habits and 2.7 or 3.5 ICE engines are getting. If those engines were at 15-16, maybe the PB is still worth it, even if it's not getting 22-24.

SouthParkCo2

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicles
2022 F150 PB XLT / 2023 HiHy Limited
Occupation
Retired
I didn't know that would be possible. That's yet another great reason that I wasn't aware of. I was planning on using the generator when on long trips to run AC in my camper if we stop for the night at a place without power, but didn't know I could use it while moving. Other than making sure the power cord was secure running down the side of the trailer that sounds awesome. One more mark in the Powerboost column!
Here ... https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...wering-a-trailer-while-driving-it-works.6462/

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
I really enjoy my 21 PB. It’s comfy. I love the tech onboard. Blue cruise makes the commute to work seamless. For those needing to tow heavy or driving purely highway then this truck probably isn’t for you. Highway speeds don’t let the electric powertrain kick in very often, and the weight of the hybrid system lowers payload significantly. Now if they put the HD axel in the PB it would be a game changer, but that’s a different conversation.

having the ability to supply power off grid is a big deal, especially for boondocking or camping away from shore hookups.

today I drove with 5 total people to breakfast and back, trip was a little less than 10 miles and we achieved 33 MPG. In town when you can lean into the electric powertrain this truck shines.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Few minutes before kickoff today:

Ford F-150 If you had to order again would you still get the PowerBoost motor? Screenshot_20220115-155726_Messages

My son living in the big house on the family commune is a huge Raiders fan. He texts me and asked "dad! You hooking up the truck at your place? Can I......"

Of course I am. It's one of the reasons I bought it.

Out the bathroom window :

Ford F-150 If you had to order again would you still get the PowerBoost motor? 20220115_155225

I rarely ever turn the TV on, but for him...

Ford F-150 If you had to order again would you still get the PowerBoost motor? 20220115_155308

Cool Temps so no need for Air Conditioner, but everything else is on. This truck could run a dozen tiny houses. :)

Ford F-150 If you had to order again would you still get the PowerBoost motor? Screenshot_20220115-155354_FordPass

Like I said earlier, I never plan to be without one ever again. Modern living is amazing. My 90 year old dad just marvels at the truck.
Sponsored