First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Retired auto engineer
So if I were writing the specs for the future Ford order tracking system, it would include:
  • Customer-selected tracking level and frequency. You would be able to specify how precisely your car would be tracked, and how frequently you would be sent updates.
  • Customer-specified method of communication, do you want updates by text, email, DM, on FordPass, or through Ford.com
  • Tracking could be as precise as the ability to follow the car through the production process - body shop, paint shop, final assembly, quality check, shipping - or just the major dates, as it is now
  • Schedule predictions on demand - based on your order position in the queue, and current rate of production, your car is forecast to be built on xx/xx/2022
  • Schedule delays posted in real time, with details and forecasted length of delay
I spent most of my working career inside auto manufacturing, so am aware that the systems exist for tracking at this level, so all Ford has to do is share it with customers in a manner of the customer’s choosing. Besides, other businesses are already doing tracking at this level, so why not Ford?
Sponsored