• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Iced Blue Silver Metallic Lightning next to Iconic Silver Metallic (image request)

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
I'm torn between these two colors and I don't trust computer generated images to help me make a final decision. Does anyone have a picture of an iced blue silver metallic lightning next to an iconic silver metallic lightning? Or, failing that, perhaps a picture of an iced blue Mach-E next to an iconic Mach-E? I realize that computer monitors will not give me an exact real-world representation, but I was hoping that seeing them next to each other would help me zero in on the difference in tone and depth. Really need to make my mind up before January 5th. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
If I'm not mistaken iced blue silver is a new colour that is only on the f150 lightning. I doubt there will be a side by side picture. Using 2 separate pictures wouldn't help much as lighting and camera settings play a big part in how a colour looks.

OP
OP
Diabolical!

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
If I'm not mistaken iced blue silver is a new colour that is only on the f150 lightning. I doubt there will be a side by side picture. Using 2 separate pictures wouldn't help much as lighting and camera settings play a big part in how a colour looks.
I agree about the two separate pictures being a bad comparison, but I was hoping that maybe someone caught the two colors together at one of the press/early access events. It's also my understanding that iced blue metallic has already hit the streets on the mach-e.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I'm torn between these two colors and I don't trust computer generated images to help me make a final decision. Does anyone have a picture of an iced blue silver metallic lightning next to an iconic silver metallic lightning? Or, failing that, perhaps a picture of an iced blue Mach-E next to an iconic Mach-E? I realize that computer monitors will not give me an exact real-world representation, but I was hoping that seeing them next to each other would help me zero in on the difference in tone and depth. Really need to make my mind up before January 5th. Thanks in advance.
I’m in the same boat as you. I want a color that does not show dirt.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I agree about the two separate pictures being a bad comparison, but I was hoping that maybe someone caught the two colors together at one of the press/early access events. It's also my understanding that iced blue metallic has already hit the streets on the mach-e.
It is available on the 2022 Mach-e models, but they haven't hit the street yet.

Sponsored

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
Iced blue silver is just a new catalog color that’s starting to show up on a few models, including regular F150s. When I was deciding on a color for my Mach E I used the Ford.com inventory tool to find other vehicles (usually Explorers since that’s where the bulk of the MME colors came from) in the colors I was interested in so I could see them in person. Glad I did because there were a couple I thought I liked that turned me off the second I saw them in person.

I REALLY like my iconic silver MME and concerned under some lighting conditions iced blue silver may be too reminiscent of 80s/90s Honda generic blue metallic :sick:. Hmmm…I’m sitting at a dealer now getting the Mach E. I need to go walk around the lot…when it gets above freezing.?

Last edited:

wa1919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1970 corvette convertible
Saw this today, it was overcast in ATL today. White model 3 next to it.

Ford F-150 Lightning Iced Blue Silver Metallic Lightning next to Iconic Silver Metallic (image request) lightnin

Ford F-150 Lightning Iced Blue Silver Metallic Lightning next to Iconic Silver Metallic (image request) Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 12.43.55 PM
Sponsored