• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I will most likely cancel my reservation, I refuse to pay MSRP + ADM at Koon’s Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
FordLightning

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deposit on Ford Lightning
Thanks everyone, this gives me some great semi-local dealers to try. Really appreciate the help and feedback!
Sponsored

mrpkb

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Raptor Gen2, F250 Tremor 7.3L
Just to confirm: isn’t the dealer that’s ripping him off here the same one (or at least has the same name) as a dealer on this forum offering 5% below invoice?

Jshook

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I’m very frustrated since I reserved the Lightning back in May and Koon’s Ford in Annapolis, Maryland is insisting on at least $500 ADM and no commitment on terms; other local dealers seem just as slimey. If Ford won’t let me switch to an honest dealer I will bail and switch to another brand.
check out Chapman Ford Horsham PA. Tom Borah @dealerinsider offers very fair pricing. He has been running a number of special like 3% below invoice - I am not sure what he is offering on the lightning. I have an f150 order in with him now which is expected in any day. He also is very fair on his trade values.

OP
OP
FordLightning

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
check out Chapman Ford Horsham PA. Tom Borah @dealerinsider offers very fair pricing. He has been running a number of special like 3% below invoice - I am not sure what he is offering on the lightning. I have an f150 order in with him now which is expected in any day. He also is very fair on his trade values.
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately Ford is restricting their allocation, so a transfer is not an option. This is the main point of this thread. I tried to do exactly that on Saturday. Certainly not Chapman’s fault.

OP
OP
FordLightning

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just to confirm: isn’t the dealer that’s ripping him off here the same one (or at least has the same name) as a dealer on this forum offering 5% below invoice?
No, Ford is restricting transfer’s if I want a 2022 model. They are not allowing me to switch dealers and keep my place in line.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FordLightning

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Who told you that?
This was communicated to Chapman Ford in a meeting, they are not allowed to take my transfer. That is my whole point…this practice should be illegal, I have no ability to negotiate and my option is limited to walking away.
I can try to switch to a different dealer but they will face similar restrictions.

I may need to escalate to the Department of Commerce.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
This was communicated to Chapman Ford in a meeting, they are not allowed to take my transfer. That is my whole point…this practice should be illegal, I have no ability to negotiate and my option is limited to walking away.
I can try to switch to a different dealer but they will face similar restrictions.

I definitely think a Congressional investigation is in order!!

OP
OP
FordLightning

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I definitely think a Congressional investigation is in order!!
Not sure if you are being sarcastic, but if consumers are overcharged on average $500 x 150,000 reservations, it is a $75,000,000 transfer of wealth from the consumer. This doesn’t even factor in the Bronco or other brands.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Not sure if you are being sarcastic, but if consumers are overcharged on average $500 x 150,000 reservations, it is a $75,000,000 transfer of wealth from the consumer. This doesn’t even factor in the Bronco or other brands.
Dude..seriously, slow your roll. NO ONE has been overcharged anything on Lightnings because none have been sold yet. None have even been ordered yet. Ford and/or their dealers are allowed to charge whatever they dang well please for a vehicle..its called capitalism. Its called the free market. No one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to buy or choose anything.

Oh, and it states very clearly in the reservation that it was NOT an order and did not guarantee pricing. IF (BIG IF) you were to have a contract with a dealer and they backtracked..THEN you may have some recourse thru breach of contract or some sort of arbitration.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but no one promised you a first year lightning. No one promised you a lightning at MSRP. Just my opinion, but coming on here moaning and complaining in multiple threads before the damn thing has even been ordered, much less produced(still at least 4-6mths away) isn't going to help you get closer to what you want.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
There's a limit to how many and how much ADM that consumers will pay. It's definitely a distasteful practice.
But if it was illegal there would be a long line of lawyers playing vulture with the industry.

If Ford builds enough F150 Lightnings, the problem takes care of itself. TIME is what is really causing the angst. We want what we want right NOW. ?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

Have you called Ford directly? If so, try again. I don't think the dealers themselves have say over your reservation, especially "locking" it. Seems super shady to me, others expecting a 2022 have been allowed to transfer multiple times.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
There's a limit to how many and how much ADM that consumers will pay. It's definitely a distasteful practice.
But if it was illegal there would be a long line of lawyers playing vulture with the industry.

If Ford builds enough F150 Lightnings, the problem takes care of itself. TIME is what is really causing the angst. We want what we want right NOW. ?
Correct - this is all about supply and demand. There is a lot of demand and supply can't expand fast enough to match. The result is tons of opportunity for price gouging. If Ford could ramp production faster, this would be a non-issue. Since they can't, we all have to deal with paying the premium or hoping we get lucky. The other option is just to wait until supply catches up and pricing stabilizes. Based on demand we are seeing and what Ford has shared on production capability, that is likely late 2020's and after the Gen 1 Lightning. This is an industry wide issue, not just Ford. My guess is that EV trucks are at least somewhat supply constrained until the 2030's.

OP
OP
FordLightning

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

What changed, is the restriction on moving orders. This is not a patience issue. I’ve waited 6-months and will most likely wait more than a year.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.