First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
So my kid pulled the trigger on a new car last week.
Much to my dismay, he bought a Nissan Sentra
Spent most of last Thursday going dealer to dealer looking at cars and getting a feel of the dealer.
Last Friday, went back to one to purchase a set of wheels.
We were told that the car we saw yesterday had been sold (30 minutes off the truck and not signed in yet.)
So, the kid says, I guess the silver one will be fine.
Then I notice 3 cars away is the very car we peeked at the day before ( I noticed the window sticker and a very familiar looking VIN).
Sales manager comes out and I ask, “If that car over there is sold, why is it on the front row?”
Apparently the car had still not yet been entered into their system.
The kid buys the grey one.
Dash cam and floor mats were also ordered to be installed before the car left the lot.
Car is now paid for after a few hours of salesman, manager, and money guy.
Today, a week later, we go to get the car. Salesman knew we were coming.
Salesman is a no show, dealer callouts still on car, camera not installed and floor mats that were ordered were incorrect.
In for another agonizing day in a Nissan dealership and the f150 parked under a Nissan sign.
(I’m actually surprised it actually started up to get home)
Camera finally gets installed, but they did not give the kid the necessary information to connect to it (his phone is requiring a device #)
Dealer callout was removed, but left the sticky residue.
I might be able to remove the camera and get the numbers, not sure yet.
This damn car should have been ready to drive away within 30 minutes of our arrival.
They had a whole week to get it ready to roll and failed on multiple levels.

The upside is, the kid is quite happy with it, and I guess that accounts for something.
Plus, I get about 6 weeks of laughing at my dog until she realizes that car lives here.

When I bought HER the Explorer in February, it was the middle of April before the dog quit trying to chase the car away.

I hope I’m done with dealer sales for a few years.
Not all that long ago, one could be in and out of the dealer in under an hour.

Therapy may be needed for me and the truck
Sponsored

Old Bear

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 King Ranch Powerboost
Occupation
Information Technology
As of late, my experience is that most dealers think that YOU owe THEM something, and they treat you as an afterthought. Really, what are you going to do? Me? Last time I cancelled the order, which the dealer still had to accept, and ordered from Granger Ford, that jumped through hoops making sure that I was happy through the entire process. Reward those dealers that still provide service!