Sponsored

I love everything about my truck except...

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Just to make you all feel better.. My daughter just got a Kia sportage. While showing it off, with her son in the car, she did the remote start (which locked all the doors). Her key fob refused to unlock the doors. Not that we couldn't get in (my grandson was in there so he could unlock a back door), but still scary that a remote start from an app removes the ability to use your fob.

She said later it worked after she tested again, but still. I don't care if the app fails, but that FOB better always work (as long as the battery is good).

We also checked the other key fob she got....it didn't work either. After she unlocked with the app, it all started working again.
Sponsored

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order
Picked mine up on Friday... I'm a first time truck buyer and love 95% of the truck... but there's a few really stupid things, IMO.

1. The shifter -- is it a waste of space... more cupholders, storage, or better yet, a wireless charging pad within easy reach of the driver would have been a much better utilization of space than the "well" for the shifter to drop into.

2. I've got a platinum with a power tailgate, and a tonneau cover on it. The button for the box lighting is in a hard to reach / hard to see area at night, and to engage the power-close tailgate, you've gotta lift it.

IMO, there should be 2 buttons on either the top (where the step comes out)or inside of the tailgate -- one for lighting, the other for power-close. Better yet, I'd imagine that a good chunk of people who buy trucks with a power tailgate, also use tonneau covers. How about an option that simply turns on the box lighting when you open the tailgate at night (that can be deactivated in lighting preferences).

tc429

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 lariat chrome 3.5 - 2022 lariat sport 3.5
only a few things- biggest is a problem, the 22 fake engine sound sounds like crap- our 19 sounds like a v8, and it really takes away a lot...love the 3.5s power, had i known the 22 was gonna sound like this I'd have got a cheaper 5.0 with its weaker torque curve.

upper glove box cannot be 'closed' no matter how hard pushed- you must slam it...

both rear doors , 90% of the time the kids get out, i gotta go reclose the doors- only the rears, only on the 22. really gotta slam them twice as hard as the fronts.

the shifter... gotta let go to change modes or use manual, too short-if elbow on console, cant bend wrist enough to fully grasp it... the 19 shifter was 1000 times more ergonomic and the right height...the folding thing without the center workspace just added complexity to what was a simple part that worked better.

mode dont stay after restarting- such a simple thing... nope, simple push button/keyless start- great... then spin the knob to change to sport, wait a couple seconds for 4x4, then push 4x2 and wait a couple seconds again... come on.

orange turn signals...not a fan. tinted all red and made adapter plugs so now red turns/backups work together, put little backups in the bumper... followed the wife yesterday, noticed in bright sun the backups dont look right - different lenses inside... look similar at night though :(

lastly, in the 22 sport mode hangs in 4th at 3000 rpm for a good ten seconds... really irritating.

do love about everything else though- dash/self driving stuff/power/heated-cooled seats/big screen/wireless android auto/adjustable max for auto fan to keep quiet/ and SOOOO glad they added the heated steering wheel button- seriously THAT one thing was my ONLY dislike on the 19, ford really got the 19 right...

the 22 is a great vehicle, but ive found a few things i never woulda complained about on the 19...to me thats kinda sad.

I would venture to guess anyone without the center work surface woulda preferred the last gen shifter. would venture to guess folks who like V8 sound would much prefer the 19 sound profile- and even more folks woulda preferred to just be able to shut it off from the screen. bet most would prefer sport mode shift points werent pathetically delayed... just little nit pick things, but noticable things... always been a ford guy, but never one not to complain a bit about things I think they coulda done better, in hopes they pay better attention next time - especially if just freaking software....

JUST adding the fake engine noise back as it was AND adding a soft button to disable if desired would cost nothing. Adding sport mode AND 2wd/4wd memory would both cost NOTHING and reduce unneccessary actuator wear...even just those two would be two less things to nit pick about, wouldnt cost anything, and I believe with a high degree of certainty, NO ONE would complain about. hold their feet to the fire a bit- if they can do better, lets try and push them to :)

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
Picked mine up on Friday... I'm a first time truck buyer and love 95% of the truck... but there's a few really stupid things, IMO.

1. The shifter -- is it a waste of space... more cupholders, storage, or better yet, a wireless charging pad within easy reach of the driver would have been a much better utilization of space than the "well" for the shifter to drop into.

2. I've got a platinum with a power tailgate, and a tonneau cover on it. The button for the box lighting is in a hard to reach / hard to see area at night, and to engage the power-close tailgate, you've gotta lift it.

IMO, there should be 2 buttons on either the top (where the step comes out)or inside of the tailgate -- one for lighting, the other for power-close. Better yet, I'd imagine that a good chunk of people who buy trucks with a power tailgate, also use tonneau covers. How about an option that simply turns on the box lighting when you open the tailgate at night (that can be deactivated in lighting preferences).
To engage the power close tailgate, all you have to do is press the tailgate button on the fob twice…you don’t have to lift the tailgate at all.

If you choose to lift it slightly, it will also work that way too. But you don’t have to lift at all if you don’t want to.

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
To engage the power close tailgate, all you have to do is press the tailgate button on the fob twice…you don’t have to lift the tailgate at all.

If you choose to lift it slightly, it will also work that way too. But you don’t have to lift at all if you don’t want to.
Then I've gotta go digging in my pockets....

I've come from an SUV world.. last 3 that I've had, there's either been a button on the hatch, or on the side-wall of the luggage compartment to engage auto-closing.

Sponsored

tc429

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just to make you all feel better.. My daughter just got a Kia sportage. While showing it off, with her son in the car, she did the remote start (which locked all the doors). Her key fob refused to unlock the doors. Not that we couldn't get in (my grandson was in there so he could unlock a back door), but still scary that a remote start from an app removes the ability to use your fob.

She said later it worked after she tested again, but still. I don't care if the app fails, but that FOB better always work (as long as the battery is good).

We also checked the other key fob she got....it didn't work either. After she unlocked with the app, it all started working again.
wife had just got a new 96 contor demo, before remote start...one cold night, I took key off. started to warm it up/thaw ice off, locked the doors... 15 minutes later found out that year fob didnt work if running... all my other fords did/still do. had to call a repo guy to come and open the door with a weird tool that was able to push the button, as contours had electric locks, cops couldnt open that year...poor car sat there idling with heat on max for several hours before guy showed up, car was steaming in the snow LOL. often wondered how one would get in if battery died...would be a fun one im sure

tc429

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

bed lighting with power opening gate - great idea, software only... come on ford! :)

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bed lighting with power opening gate - great idea, software only... come on ford! :)
The more i think about it, the more it drives me nuts how some engineer didn't think about it. It's probably the most basic amount of code / programming. They've invested in zone lighting that you can control with your phone, how about simply turning on the light that's already there when you open your tailgate.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I was going to say my decision to exclude bluecruise because the steering wheel sensor constantly nags me even though my hands are on the wheel (most roads around here are dead straight).

However, I think I am going to join the bed lighting bandwagon. I too have a bed cover and at night it's really hard to find the button. Adding an option to auto-light when the tailgate is opened is a great idea!

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer

I would say more than not, most new cars disable the fob when either in the vehicle or when the engine is running. Volvo, Kia and Honda for sure

Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I would say more than not, most new cars disable the fob when either in the vehicle or when the engine is running. Volvo, Kia and Honda for sure
But this should not happen with remote start and you OUTSIDE the vehicle!

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
My Wifes Honda for sure. The Prox will still let her open the door, But if the engine is running the fob is effectively dead. Not to mention if you open any door it will kill the engine. totally sucks.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Better yet, I'd imagine that a good chunk of people who buy trucks with a power tailgate, also use tonneau covers. How about an option that simply turns on the box lighting when you open the tailgate at night (that can be deactivated in lighting preferences).
Even without the power tailgate, just opening the tailgate on lower trim turns on the upper bed lights. I would appreciate a setting to have the in-bed ones automatic as well so I don’t need to hit the button every time.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4

Agree with both your points. I've yet to use the folding shifter thing (didn't even bother to order the work space as I'd never use it) and like you would much rather wireless charging be there or something. Currently I use that spot to put my phone while driving.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
upper glove box cannot be 'closed' no matter how hard pushed- you must slam it...

mode dont stay after restarting- such a simple thing... nope, simple push button/keyless start- great... then spin the knob to change to sport, wait a couple seconds for 4x4, then push 4x2 and wait a couple seconds again... come on.
Agreed on these two points as well.
Sponsored