Sponsored

I just drove 300kms off the lot and have some questions!

KDK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The truck is absolutely redicously good-looking (Zoolander).

I'm coming from a 2006 frontier. Big step up.

Okay. Here we go;

The dim screen or calm icon is on the wrong side of the Screen for the driver. It's too small. There needs to be a shortcut or larger icon.

Why can Andriod Auto not go Full screen? Very dissatisfied with partial screen. Hey Sync is cool but I want full screen.

I listened to Sirius XM. I want to change stations, and on the steering wheel controls select 'next' arrow. It switches the audio input to radio. Not what I was expecting.

I'm embarrassed to say it but I couldn't get the keyfob to remote start. Tap X2, right? I get a red led on the fob. I haven't bother to look it up yet what I'm doing wrong.

Really missing wireless charging by not opting for the option. I'll have to add it in after market.

Seat is very comfortable. Lumbar is great. It is an overwhelming amount of buttons and features, I wonder how the 50+ age generation feels if coming in new?

That's it though! I'll post a photo tomorrow, super stoked, love it!
Sponsored

Hugo

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement
You have to hit the lock button then double tap remote start within a second or two for remote start to work.

Diceman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, Rapid Red, 6.5 bed
Occupation
Retired US Navy, retired manufacturing
The truck is absolutely redicously good-looking (Zoolander).

I'm coming from a 2006 frontier. Big step up.

Okay. Here we go;

The dim screen or calm icon is on the wrong side of the Screen for the driver. It's too small. There needs to be a shortcut or larger icon.

Why can Andriod Auto not go Full screen? Very dissatisfied with partial screen. Hey Sync is cool but I want full screen.

I listened to Sirius XM. I want to change stations, and on the steering wheel controls select 'next' arrow. It switches the audio input to radio. Not what I was expecting.

I'm embarrassed to say it but I couldn't get the keyfob to remote start. Tap X2, right? I get a red led on the fob. I haven't bother to look it up yet what I'm doing wrong.

Really missing wireless charging by not opting for the option. I'll have to add it in after market.

Seat is very comfortable. Lumbar is great. It is an overwhelming amount of buttons and features, I wonder how the 50+ age generation feels if coming in new?

That's it though! I'll post a photo tomorrow, super stoked, love it!
You're having trouble with the the key fob and you're worried about us 50+ age generation, that's good it brought a smile to my face. I can read a manual, know how to get on YouTube and my SIL has had his 2021 Platty since January I'll ask him. The Technology is one of the reason I bought (ordered) mine.

ToddnTX

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Dodge Durango, 07 GMC Sierra. 2021 Ford F-150
Yeah the non full screen car play is a bummer.. your tune left and right buttons SHOULD change the channel not the input, unless your favorites are saved as Xm,AM,FM opposed to XM, XM, XM, XM, FM,FM etc.

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Congratulations on the new truck!

Press the lock button on the key fob once, and the the auto start button twice. It will start right up.

As far as changing the satellite radio, have you set the presets yet? Once you’ve established presets, the arrows should scroll through them.

OP
OP
KDK

KDK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Haha I didn't mean to offend. And yes ,last night I went through the manual and documents, just to have a solid base.

Thanks for the keyfob info. Wish it was just a long press, it's something I use alot - I'll adapt.

I'll preset the stations and try it out, thanks!

And the full screen Android hopefully can be addressed in software update at some point.

Love the forum, thank you all. Next will be a leveling kit.

Ford F-150 I just drove 300kms off the lot and have some questions! 20210419_144251

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Haha I didn't mean to offend. And yes ,last night I went through the manual and documents, just to have a solid base.

Thanks for the keyfob info. Wish it was just a long press, it's something I use alot - I'll adapt.

I'll preset the stations and try it out, thanks!

And the full screen Android hopefully can be addressed in software update at some point.

Love the forum, thank you all. Next will be a leveling kit.

20210419_144251.jpg

You’re not doing anything wrong with the screen. I use Apple CarPlay in my truck and it is only partial screen as well.
Sponsored