Sponsored

I I have a 2021 F150 FX max tow package powerboost. Put on fox 2.0 coil overs. Supposed to level the vehicle. Only received about 1 inch of height?

OP
OP
A Dog

A Dog

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Can’t tell you now shock compression. It’s already on the truck and the old ones off.
Sponsored

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
There have been so many aftermarket parts installed and used on my vehicles, and half the time I realize why Ford designed it with their OEM ways vs the skimpy aftermarket junk, and then revert that portion back to OEM parts.
I agree generally, but sometimes the answer to "How come the OEM did it this way?" is "Because it was cheaper and potential buyers either won't care, can be upsold, or won't know until its out of warranty." Replacing parts on a modern vehicle takes a LOT of thought, because almost no part of the truck exists in a vacuum. The suspension is a great example: I am willing to upgrade shocks and wheels, but adding ride height reliably nukes fuel economy for PB owners and hurts handling and towing performance for everyone. Flip side of that is that the skid plates on the FX4 are a bad joke: the engine and t-case plates are thin metal, but the tranny "plate" is a weakly mounted (flimsy angled brackets clipped on to the frame) piece of the fiber board stuff that they have in the front wheel wells. I am suspicious of it in the wheel wells, but as a skid plate it's insulting, and seems to be there so that a buyer who only partially checks (i.e. me) gets duped into beliving that a real skid plate is in place.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I agree. There are many cases where aftermarket beefs something that is skimpy OEM. But my point is, you might pay for something to go on your truck, but you have to shave a little off because there is a random part in the way.

The 99 Vortech kit was my perfect example of pure aftermarket crap. Nothing fit. The directions were for the wrong engine (mine was a winsor) and Ford had changed to a return less fuel system. Then they had me use a hole saw to drill out the OEM fuel basket to shoehorn a 255LPH pump in place, which didn’t fit properly so the O ring blew out causing low fuel pressure and then a broken ring ledge on the piston.

Since little particles of Hypereutectic pistons clogged the oil feed screen to the Vortech SC, it damaged the bearings and gears on the SC too.

Not to mention that for the SC oil return you drill your oil pan, while on the car, and then tap it hoping that shavings Aren’t going in your oil sump. Then you screw in a NPT male fitting with silicon sealer and a washer.

Luckily since the kit caused damage to the engine internals, I was able to remove half their janky crap and replace with even more expensive aftermarket stuff to make it a complete kit.

They “aftermarket” have been selling us crap items for a long time. I’ve never gained HP numbers promised, so why would anyone expect that anything else is going to deliver on their promise.

Im just glad that OEM has ramped their game so much that most folks don’t need to worry about that as much. At least I don’t.

Last edited:

Sky111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost Platinum, FX4/MaxTow/6.5
I have 2022 PB, with FX4 and Max Tow, and I ordered Roush Fox2.0 kit from Ford Performance... waiting for the truck to come back from dead (currently at the dealership) to have it installed.
- Question to OP: Level or not, how is the ride quality with Fox? do you feel any noticeable difference for front and rear passengers?
- Towing - from my research, towing should not be impacted by Fox coilovers. (actually, it should slightly improve). Do you see any negative impact?
- Skid plates: I am seriously thinking about order RCI aluminum skid plate for the very front... and rely on flmsy OEM skid plates for the rest. Thoughts?

Another Ford

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Are these the new 21-22 version 2.0s you are referring to that have been out for about 2-3 weeks?
If not, I believe the perch requires a 5/8" adjustment prior to installation on both the Fox and Roush pre 21 versions to achieve the 2.0" level.

Sponsored

Ktmguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum BAP
I have a very similar issue to the OP. I have a 22 platinum PB. I have installed the new 21-22 specific Fox 2.0 level and only got 3/4” of lift. I have opened a case with Fox and they are looking into the issue. They did tell me they have another PB case where the guy got 7/8”. So far the response has been … well it is a Plat PB, look at the weight. At this point their engineers are looking at my case and trying to decide if I should add 1/4-3/8 of preload to get my desired ride height or if I should use the prior gen shocks which have stiffer spring rates. I will keep this thread posted. Photo is on a bit of a slope so it does not look terrible but I do have 2 full inches of rake still.
Ford F-150 I I have a 2021 F150 FX max tow package powerboost. Put on fox 2.0 coil overs. Supposed to level the vehicle. Only received about 1 inch of height? A984A8C6-BB28-4F97-B00F-B8C14558DEAA

Packbrian1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Occupation
Software
I had the Roush package installed on my ‘22 Powerboost w/ Max Tow as I took delivery. Definitely got the full 2”

Ford F-150 I I have a 2021 F150 FX max tow package powerboost. Put on fox 2.0 coil overs. Supposed to level the vehicle. Only received about 1 inch of height? 14DC9003-7D22-4677-9D31-79B8BB186DA7

Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
here is what I ordered - it says 2015-2022: https://www.thetrucklot.ca/p-2015-2022-f-150-fox-2-0-suspension-system-422014

Will that 2 inch lift on the front cause sagging at the back when I hook up an RV to tow (600-700lbs tongue weight)
What you did up front isn't causing the sag. The rear sag is what it is.

If you start with factory rake, you will never be nose high if you stay within the payload number. If you had factory rake of 3" and take 2" away by raising the front, even 1000 lbs. total between you, your passengers, your stuff and the trailer will take it nose high. 4 average adults, a few hundred pounds of gear in the bed and that trailer...you'll barely see over the hood:eek:

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
I have a very similar issue to the OP. I have a 22 platinum PB. I have installed the new 21-22 specific Fox 2.0 level and only got 3/4” of lift. I have opened a case with Fox and they are looking into the issue. They did tell me they have another PB case where the guy got 7/8”. So far the response has been … well it is a Plat PB, look at the weight. At this point their engineers are looking at my case and trying to decide if I should add 1/4-3/8 of preload to get my desired ride height or if I should use the prior gen shocks which have stiffer spring rates. I will keep this thread posted. Photo is on a bit of a slope so it does not look terrible but I do have 2 full inches of rake still.
A984A8C6-BB28-4F97-B00F-B8C14558DEAA.jpeg
I believe I’m that other owner that complained to them. They told me you have a supercrew, gonna have to adjust it up for that reason

Another Ford

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
This seems to only be related to the Powerboost models. Has anyone else had this experience on a a non Powerboost?
Also, can these be adjusted without removing?

Ktmguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum BAP
I had the Roush package installed on my ‘22 Powerboost w/ Max Tow as I took delivery. Definitely got the full 2”

14DC9003-7D22-4677-9D31-79B8BB186DA7.jpeg
That means you have the gen13 shocks with the stiffer springs. Roush does not use the new softer ones. Fox told me to add preload or swap for those to get more lift. Looks good.

Ktmguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum BAP
This seems to only be related to the Powerboost models. Has anyone else had this experience on a a non Powerboost?
Also, can these be adjusted without removing?
This does seem to only be an issue on higher trim levels with the Powerboost.
They cannot be adjusted on the truck. They need to have the springs compressed to adjust.
Sponsored