First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost 502A Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
Good luck on a great deal! I’ve had my share of issues, most being minor, but a pain nonetheless. However, my Lariat PB is by far the nicest truck I’ve owned. As others have said, plenty of power, smooth and tight as can be. The gas mileage, especially now, is a huge bonus. I regularly get 26 on my daily commute. My overall mileage since owning is at 22.8 and that’s with 14,800 miles. Despite the issues I’ve had, I can’t give this baby up. Especially now, with gas this high, and all of the “features” being omitted on new builds due to supply chain problems.
perhaps you will be lucky and have a problem free one, but even if you encounter some hiccups, I can almost guarantee that you will be quite happy with the move. I would have done that deal all day long.
Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Of course all of this is anecdotal and I could spring a leak tomorrow. But I have no intentions of worrying and letting the "what if's" steal one ounce of my enjoyment.

I have a 17 year old Porsche and if I spend time on the forums I could trash the joy of that experience too. But maybe I have one of those Porsches that go 200,000 miles with nothing more than an occasional waterpump?

Congratulations on getting a good deal on an amazing truck.
When I was in school I had a 74 Triumph Spitfire. You could not go a single week without going over the entire vehicle and tightening everything up. I taught countless girls how to drive a stick and replaced the clutch regularly. I broke my dads ladder pulling the engine once. While it was as unreliable as anything on the face of this earth, I loved that car. It was different, wonderful to drive, and a lot of people would always look as you drove by.

The Ford PB falls into the "unicorn" vehicle category too. I believe if you get out there and use it to its fullest, explore all the features, you will love the decision you made too. Good luck.

ajnov073

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat FX4 3.5 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I just traded a 2021 Lariat Ecoboost 3.5 for a 2022 Power Boost. I wanted the extra fuel savings and the larger generator. Dealer talked me into ordering in February and it arrived June 13. There was another issue that I wish not to discus but the truck is the exact same truck as what I was driving other than the Powerboost, 7.2 kw generator, and a wireless phone charger. My truck had 9100 miles on it when I gave it up and the one that sold it to me last year, who is working in Finance now, scooped it up and bought it because his Bronco he ordered does not have a build date as of yet. Other than recalls I have had no issues with that truck and it was like brand new. The dealer honored the original price which was $1500 cheaper than the sticker and I had $3500 in rebates, which they told me is hard to get right now. With what they gave me for my truck and the $5000 off the price I was able to get into the Powerboost for nothing extra and that included the aero bug shield, wheel well liners, window tint, tonneau cover and spray in bed liner. It was hard to say no but after looking at all the coolant leaks I hope i didn't goof. I didn't notice anything while it was parked under the overhang at the front of the dealer. My build date on the sticker was 05/05/22, which was, to the day, one year after the build date on my 2021. I thought this might be a sign but who knows now. I signed on it Saturday and pick up the truck today (Thursday 06/23/22). They kept it this week for the bed liner install and was waiting on something else to come in to install. I don't doubt the problem will be fixed, if there is one but the availability of parts seems to be the issue with everything.
Sticker Pic.jpg
I guess only time will tell.
I have a 2022 Powerboost as well and love it. Ordered mine last November and took delivery in February. Great gas mileage and no issues whatsoever. I have just under 7,000 miles on mine.

Finnster

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Contractor
Looks like you did well. I went from a 2021 Limited PB to a 22’ Tremor.
My PB had tons of issues (rumor is many of them did in early 21’)
Ground fault of generator that dealer could not fix after 5 trips and said Ford was “working on a fix”
Sync would not update….Ford asked me to be patient as they worked on a “fix”
General brake warning light 3x…..ended up being a leaky line.
Rough transmission and could only squeeze 17mpg in economy mode around town driving like an old man. Electric driving was pretty non existent.
Was working on lemon law when my dealer decided to give me full sticker price back for it. They put in their used lot and sold it for more than sticker.

I wanted to love it but was frustrating.

I love my Tremor….so it all worked out for me.
My friends Lariat PB has been flawless for him.

super sparky

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
two ford transits, ford edge st
Occupation
electrical contractor
I have been waiting 10 months for my power boost platinuim looks like i might have it end of Aug hope i dont have a single problem waiting this damn long ordered sept changed to 22 in oct couple months ago found out about stuff being removed from order not a happy experience for my first build to order everything i wanted on a truck

Sponsored

Coachboz

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum | 3.5L PB Hyb
I just traded a 2021 Lariat Ecoboost 3.5 for a 2022 Power Boost. I wanted the extra fuel savings and the larger generator. Dealer talked me into ordering in February and it arrived June 13. There was another issue that I wish not to discus but the truck is the exact same truck as what I was driving other than the Powerboost, 7.2 kw generator, and a wireless phone charger. My truck had 9100 miles on it when I gave it up and the one that sold it to me last year, who is working in Finance now, scooped it up and bought it because his Bronco he ordered does not have a build date as of yet. Other than recalls I have had no issues with that truck and it was like brand new. The dealer honored the original price which was $1500 cheaper than the sticker and I had $3500 in rebates, which they told me is hard to get right now. With what they gave me for my truck and the $5000 off the price I was able to get into the Powerboost for nothing extra and that included the aero bug shield, wheel well liners, window tint, tonneau cover and spray in bed liner. It was hard to say no but after looking at all the coolant leaks I hope i didn't goof. I didn't notice anything while it was parked under the overhang at the front of the dealer. My build date on the sticker was 05/05/22, which was, to the day, one year after the build date on my 2021. I thought this might be a sign but who knows now. I signed on it Saturday and pick up the truck today (Thursday 06/23/22). They kept it this week for the bed liner install and was waiting on something else to come in to install. I don't doubt the problem will be fixed, if there is one but the availability of parts seems to be the issue with everything.
Sticker Pic.jpg
I guess only time will tell.

Coachboz

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum | 3.5L PB Hyb
I've had my PB for about 18 months now. Love it. A few mildly annoying things, but nothing that would detract from my positive experiences. I drive with no effort to control gas mileage (80 on freeways and don't baby it in town) and consistently get between 19-21 MPG, which is 3-5 MPG better than a little Lexus 450 hybrid I had prior. I think the MPG is great. Love the generator and so much else about it. Hope your experience is the same.

OP
OP
DanielG

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Had it one week now and have 267 miles on it. Too early to judge the gas mileage but it’s kinda fun to drive around town and see how far you can go in electric. So far, so good.
Sponsored