I hope I didn't GOOF !!!!!!

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
I just traded a 2021 Lariat Ecoboost 3.5 for a 2022 Power Boost. I wanted the extra fuel savings and the larger generator. Dealer talked me into ordering in February and it arrived June 13. There was another issue that I wish not to discus but the truck is the exact same truck as what I was driving other than the Powerboost, 7.2 kw generator, and a wireless phone charger. My truck had 9100 miles on it when I gave it up and the one that sold it to me last year, who is working in Finance now, scooped it up and bought it because his Bronco he ordered does not have a build date as of yet. Other than recalls I have had no issues with that truck and it was like brand new. The dealer honored the original price which was $1500 cheaper than the sticker and I had $3500 in rebates, which they told me is hard to get right now. With what they gave me for my truck and the $5000 off the price I was able to get into the Powerboost for nothing extra and that included the aero bug shield, wheel well liners, window tint, tonneau cover and spray in bed liner. It was hard to say no but after looking at all the coolant leaks I hope i didn't goof. I didn't notice anything while it was parked under the overhang at the front of the dealer. My build date on the sticker was 05/05/22, which was, to the day, one year after the build date on my 2021. I thought this might be a sign but who knows now. I signed on it Saturday and pick up the truck today (Thursday 06/23/22). They kept it this week for the bed liner install and was waiting on something else to come in to install. I don't doubt the problem will be fixed, if there is one but the availability of parts seems to be the issue with everything.
Ford F-150 I hope I didn't GOOF !!!!!! Sticker Pic
I guess only time will tell.
Sponsored

mlkrouse

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 King Ranch
Occupation
Sales
Have a 2022 PowerBOOST love it. The fastest truck I have ever owned, very quick off the line when you need it. I usually get 23-25MPG in the city, I have not taken it for a long trip yet so I do not have highway numbers. I love this truck. Was a long-time GMC owner.

OP
OP
DanielG

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Have a 2022 PowerBOOST love it. The fastest truck I have ever owned, very quick off the line when you need it. I usually get 23-25MPG in the city, I have not taken it for a long trip yet so I do not have highway numbers. I love this truck. Was a long-time GMC owner.
Well, that's good to hear. I like that gas mileage.

WRS

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Aviation
How many power boost owners have come on here and reported their truck doesn't leak? Only the few who do have a leak post. The VAST majority do not have leaks, broken bolts, bad APIM modules, etc etc etc. BTW, 12K miles and mine does not leak.

Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Since you got the 7.2kw generator, it really seems like that is feature you wanted. All else being equal, I think you'll be happy.

I've not had any of the "common*" issues for the PB

*I put common in quotes because as @WRS states, it will feel like a bigger issue than it is because people are more likely to complain when something is wrong. I don't think they are all that common, but it does happen enough that it's something Ford should be looking into.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
If you were able to basically get a swap from a 21 Lariat EB to a 22 Lariat PB with 7.2k, you did great.

While it is nice to have had a "tried and true" truck that you know was "issue free", if you end up as one of the hundreds of thousands with problem free PB's you will be much better off in the long run.

This was a very good deal. Good luck with that PB!

OP
OP
DanielG

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
If you were able to basically get a swap from a 21 Lariat EB to a 22 Lariat PB with 7.2k, you did great.

While it is nice to have had a "tried and true" truck that you know was "issue free", if you end up as one of the hundreds of thousands with problem free PB's you will be much better off in the long run.

This was a very good deal. Good luck with that PB!
Well, my dealer has always been good to me. They gave me plenty of time to decide what I wanted to do and said if I didn't take it, it would be an easy sale for them since they don't have many on the lot. with the market the way it is right now, it was hard to say no.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
As someone who did have an issue with the heat exchanger - I think you made a great choice. I’d buy mine 10 times over again. I love the thing. So smooth, so quick considering its mass, and the gas mileage is a great bonus

Sponsored

dkevox

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Evo X, F150
Wait, are you saying that they gave you $5k under the msrp of your new powerboost as the trade in value for your used ecoboost?

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
All the coolant leaks? I think there’s a dozen?, and it seems your truck has the new part. It’s an easy swap if it does leak. It’s not like they’re throwing rods

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
All the coolant leaks? I think there’s a dozen?, and it seems your truck has the new part. It’s an easy swap if it does leak. It’s not like they’re throwing rods
From what I can tell, the biggest problem with the leaking heat exchanger, other than the leak itself, is the lack of replacement heat exchangers being available.

The fix is easy assuming a replacement is readily available.

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
PB here. No leaks. Very happy with truck.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I read somewhere a few months ago that Ford underestimated the demand for the Powerboost and at the time they had averageed 6000 Powerboost F150's per month in its first year of production. That's 72,000 2021 models and the demand has done nothing but increase. So easily over 125,000 at this point?

I've had 2. A 2021 for 51 weeks and now a 2022 for a couple of months. Both absolutely flawless. I'm 64 and have driven trucks for nearly 1/2 a century now and I'm still stunned at what an amazing vehicle this is.

We also have had a fleet Powerboost at work for more than a year and it has never had an issue.

Of course all of this is anecdotal and I could spring a leak tomorrow. But I have no intentions of worrying and letting the "what if's" steal one ounce of my enjoyment.

I have a 17 year old Porsche and if I spend time on the forums I could trash the joy of that experience too. But maybe I have one of those Porsches that go 200,000 miles with nothing more than an occasional waterpump?

Congratulations on getting a good deal on an amazing truck.
Sponsored