Sponsored

I have 2H/4H/4L, where is 4A?

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Do you or someone have a good parts list as in part numbers? I’d like to start gathering the parts needed. Thank you sir. 😁
I didn't even bother with part numbers. I just bought the parts from a wrecked lariat powerboost :)

The powerboost's transfer case is unique to it due to the mass dampener it's got on it. Didn't even bother to check if it could be swapped over or not. One interesting point is that the ATCM (switch) is that they're all the same -- it's just the 4a button isn't there, it's instead replaced with a button that isn't one (non-movable). I took my factory one apart and discovered it only needed the physical button, which isn't a part you can actually source.
Sponsored

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I didn't even bother with part numbers. I just bought the parts from a wrecked lariat powerboost :)
Copy. I was thinking of going new. But that’s not a bad idea either. I’ll have to start looking.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
is "TOD" torque on demand the one I need for 4A? im assuming so.
Yes, that's the 4a transfer case. You have a PB so any transfer case from a lariat, plat, and KR will work. You need the ATCM (switch), TCCM (little box in the passenger floor), and the transfer case parts wise. The PB's transfer case has the HD designation.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Yes, that's the 4a transfer case. You have a PB so any transfer case from a lariat, plat, and KR will work. You need the ATCM (switch), TCCM (little box in the passenger floor), and the transfer case parts wise. The PB's transfer case has the HD designation.
Thanks! Yeah I saw the TCCM today actually. I was in that area finishing up installing my ambient lights and I recognized it. 👍 my ford dealer (varsity Ann Arbor) has the case for $1300. Kinda thinking of just going new but im in no rush. Doing research now. Will get it done before the snow flies this year. 😁

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I did it a long time ago. Tccm ATCM and the transfer case.

Some programming needs to be done. I use it and it works great for me

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I did it a long time ago. Tccm ATCM and the transfer case.

Some programming needs to be done. I use it and it works great for me
You know I’ll be hitting you up once I’m at the stage for programming for some tips. 😁 and thanks again for the help the other day with my ACM. I can’t believe for whatever reason how much louder it is. Made quite a difference between it and the new speakers I put in.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, it's just a scumbag move on Ford's part. They are afraid that everyone will order stripped base model XL trucks with all the "goodies" that everyone actually wants without getting the overpriced fluff options like giant center screens, extra speakers, goofy fold down shifters and other useless shit nobody asked for.

IMO opinion, the 4A transfer case and LED headlights are safety features that shouldn't be used as carrots on a stick to entice buyers to higher trims. Unfortunately, it's nothing new and manufacturers used to do the same thing with reverse cameras and back in the day; even windshield wipers and sideview mirrors were omitted from lower trims until they were mandatory under government regulations.
LED lights should be included with the other worthless fluff. There is nothing wrong or unsafe with Halogen lights.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
🤣

I will admit that there are decades of driving with Halogen headlights and I'm still alive.

But man will I never go back.

I could be happy with a stripped XL Gen14 Powerboost, but it would be getting the projector headlights, no matter what Jesse charged me to get them working exactly like they are designed to.
And I would retrofit 4A transfer case.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
LED lights should be included with the other worthless fluff. There is nothing wrong or unsafe with Halogen lights.
When everyone else has the Halogen, or if you’re driving in the middle of nowhere they aren’t as bad. However, when 99% of all the cars coming the other way have LEDs; or worse, reflector LED conversions. The stock headlights are worthless. Also, the brights/high beams on my 2001 Navigator are better than the ones on the 2021+ F-150.

My truck had a $50K MSRP and nearly all the new gizmos like lane centering and cruise control/blind spot radar but still was only equipped with 1960’s era automotive headlight technology. Which should be an embarrassment for Ford’s most important product, especially when the lowly Maverick has LEDs standard for every truck including the base $22K model.

In city traffic, when there’s a vehicle with LED headlights behind me; I couldn’t even tell if my halogen headlights were on or off.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
When everyone else has the Halogen, or if you’re driving in the middle of nowhere they aren’t as bad. However, when 99% of all the cars coming the other way have LEDs; or worse, reflector LED conversions. The stock headlights are worthless. Also, the brights/high beams on my 2001 Navigator are better than the ones on the 2021+ F-150.

My truck had a $50K MSRP and nearly all the new gizmos like lane centering and cruise control/blind spot radar but still was only equipped with 1960’s era automotive headlight technology. Which should be an embarrassment for Ford’s most important product, especially when the lowly Maverick has LEDs standard for every truck including the base $22K model.

In city traffic, when there’s a vehicle with LED headlights behind me; I couldn’t even tell if my halogen headlights were on or off.
What other vehicles have is not relevant to halogens working or not. Worthless? How is this? I have never needed more light to see what i need to see that what my halogens provide. Others with LED has made no difference in this.

Admit it. The only reason you want LED is because you think they are cool and everybody else has them. And you bought into the LED marketing. It has nothing to do with visibility or safety.

60's era tech? You care about that but but not the 1900's steering wheel and ICE tech?
Weird one to single out.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
There IS a reason(s) Ford continues to offer the XL trim. I don't deny that. :)

It's not just for fleet.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8

ya but your 5.0 V8 or 3.5 EcoBoost (or whatever you have) will out-pull and out accelerate and flat out emberass any of the Mavericks powertrains so look at the bright side. Your truck has a fully boxed frame with an axle, a true transfer case, etc. a lot more goes into an F-150, even an XL base than the most luxurious maverick available when you look at the powertrain and chassis engineering.

Full size BOF vehicles are expensive, it is what it is.
Sponsored

Last edited: