First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
I have Powerboost XLT SuperCrew with FX4. Is 4A not an option on my ride? I'd love to be able to put it into 4A as 4H is obviously not good for pavement and I always loved the 4WD in the rain.
Honestly having 4a is really nice for any form of adverse condition on the roadway. With almost 600 lb ft of torque the powerboost turns into a tire fryer if left in 2h or it cuts power due to traction control, and you sit there awkwardly with your foot to the floor waiting for anything to happen.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Agreed. If the XLT had 4A, the 302A package would be super competitive. The perfect compromise between features and price.

As it stands though, it’s not worth the $10k or more jump in price to get 4A. And I don’t need blue cruise, RBG lights, and a folding shifter.

I do however, really like my 12” screen lol.
i got the XLT 301A as I had no need whatsoever for fluffy stuff
power driver seat, leather steering wheel, console is about all I really wanted.
However, I did want things below the lower paint level.
I would have opted for 4A in heartbeat if it were available.
Locking or “posi” front end would have been a plus as well.
As it stands, the best I could do is a manual/electric rear end.
(not nearly as convenient as the front and rear lockers in my Chevy, but much nicer to get around corners on wet roads).

Even her 07 Trailblazer has 4A and I told her to just keep it there regardless of weather or road conditions.
pretty sure that was a standard TC in even the lower level trims of that car.

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
i got the XLT 301A as I had no need whatsoever for fluffy stuff
power driver seat, leather steering wheel, console is about all I really wanted.
However, I did want things below the lower paint level.
I would have opted for 4A in heartbeat if it were available.
Locking or “posi” front end would have been a plus as well.
As it stands, the best I could do is a manual/electric rear end.
(not nearly as convenient as the front and rear lockers in my Chevy, but much nicer to get around corners on wet roads).

Even her 07 Trailblazer has 4A and I told her to just keep it there regardless of weather or road conditions.
pretty sure that was a standard TC in even the lower level trims of that car.
same here, i feel pretty good about ordering last year because they got rid of the 301A leather wheel in 2022. that was a big deal for me since my 2014 mustang which i traded in had one.

jamill

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat & 2020 GMC Acadia SLT
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
You only need a mid level lariat to get 4a. Which is about 6k more than a 302a.
My 500A Lariat has the 4A. I’m not too familiar with trim pricing, but I think my $53k sticker price is on par with some of the higher trim XLTs, right? I didn’t really care about the 4A though. I wanted seat memory and folding mirrors. That was about it, the other stuff was a bonus. Lol.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
My 500A Lariat has the 4A. I’m not too familiar with trim pricing, but I think my $53k sticker price is on par with some of the higher trim XLTs, right? I didn’t really care about the 4A though. I wanted seat memory and folding mirrors. That was about it, the other stuff was a bonus. Lol.
Wasn't your price $56k? And you have a 5.0, not a PB.

Powerboost adds a lot to the price. My XLT 302A PB was 52k off the lot, bought it last Feb just before the chip shortage really became a huge deal.

Lariat trims with PB, I've never seen advertised for less than $62k. I am fairly certain the only way to do it today would be to special order and wait out the 6 months or so it would take to get your truck. Some people just can't wait that long.

Sponsored

jamill

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat & 2020 GMC Acadia SLT
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
Wasn't your price $56k? And you have a 5.0, not a PB.

Powerboost adds a lot to the price. My XLT 302A PB was 52k off the lot, bought it last Feb just before the chip shortage really became a huge deal.

Lariat trims with PB, I've never seen advertised for less than $62k. I am fairly certain the only way to do it today would be to special order and wait out the 6 months or so it would take to get your truck. Some people just can't wait that long.
Ah yes, I don’t know where I got $53k. Had to refer to my sticker, it was $58k before discounts, but I financed for $56k and some change.

I also just noticed this was in the 3.5L PowerBoost Hybrid V6 section. I just saw this thread on the “Recent Posts” section on my phone. That’s my bad!

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ah yes, I don’t know where I got $53k. Had to refer to my sticker, it was $58k before discounts, but I financed for $56k and some change.

I also just noticed this was in the 3.5L PowerBoost Hybrid V6 section. I just saw this thread on the “Recent Posts” section on my phone. That’s my bad!
I was about to say, who do I have to bribe to get a Lariat PB 4x4 for $56k!

wizardfitz

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lariat superb 4x4
Occupation
driver
don't you have different drive modes? turn it to slippery

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
I was about to say, who do I have to bribe to get a Lariat PB 4x4 for $56k!
Just need patience and order from a dealer that does invoice prices. You can easily get a Lariat PB for under 56. Probably around 51 if you don't get any options.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just need patience and order from a dealer that does invoice prices. You can easily get a Lariat PB for under 56. Probably around 51 if you don't get any options.
No offense, but in today's climate I don't believe you at all. Show me a dealer, today, that is willing to part with a brand new PB F150 4x4 for $51,000. In *any* Lariat trim. And I will donate $500 to the charity of your choice.

Sponsored

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
No offense, but in today's climate I don't believe you at all. Show me a dealer, today, that is willing to part with a brand new PB F150 4x4 for $51,000. In *any* Lariat trim. And I will donate $500 to the charity of your choice.
Careful, I think Chapman, Granger, or Koons could get close to that lol. My Lariat PB 501A came out to 55 dealer price - $1000 custom order bonus cash so 54 MSRP was 62. With a 500A and no options you may find yourself donating some money lol. This was mid October. Chapman is now taking an additional 1% off from the discount I got since ford is giving them a bit more money

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
Chapman, Granger, or Koons

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
I got my lariat for 1500 under msrp with 0% financing. But it was custom ordered and speced well above 50, so not a very reasonable metric.

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
US Army (Ret)/GS Civilian
its crazy, and the 302A is about 5-6K more than the 301A up here in canada when i ordered my truck. Good thing i got DIY seat warmers

b3-6ba20ef01c2f_1.638e0f53880a64d9ce1410602ac00778.jpg
HA! Good one!
Sponsored