• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I drove an EV for the first time..

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Yes you will almost for sure get one in 2022. I reserved 25 mins after it opened (was stuck doing work, then had to create an account) and i am hoping to get it by summer 2022 (though I am planning on a platinum so it might push me up the line a bit). There was 20k orders in the first 12 hours, so im thinking in the first hour there was maybe 10k or less (a lot of people probably waited for the presentation to be over to reserve it).
I know at the dealership I reserved at I am #6 for them.
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
You probably won't get your hands on a lighning until 2023 or 2024.
Why do you say this? Anyone who reserved a lightning in the first 12 hours and probably even the first 24 should see their truck in 2022. Palmer himself said that the 15k production number is wrong. Additionally Ford stated this week that they are targeting 80k produced in 23.. So it sounds like they are hoping to get through all the reservations by 23.

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Why do you say this? Anyone who reserved a lightning in the first 12 hours and probably even the first 24 should see their truck in 2022. Palmer himself said that the 15k production number is wrong. Additionally Ford stated this week that they are targeting 80k produced in 23.. So it sounds like they are hoping to get through all the reservations by 23.
Ford still has 1000s of 2021 F150s sitting in lots. It takes months for parts to come in to fix 2021s that have issues. I just don't think they will be able to push production like they want or say they will based on their track record the last couple years. I could he wrong just my opinion.

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Ford still has 1000s of 2021 F150s sitting in lots. It takes months for parts to come in to fix 2021s that have issues. I just don't think they will be able to push production like they want or say they will based on their track record the last couple years. I could he wrong just my opinion.
Daren palmer said they are putting the focus into their EV lines, so by this they would likely get production parts in short supply over the ICE vehicles
This is likely so they can meet their clean emissions targets without having to purchase credits.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
The parts they are missing is microchips.....it's what every Auto manufacturer is missing. I feel pretty confident that they will prioritize lightning over other f150 or explorer or whatever else. But for all we know they have already stockpiled what they need to build tens of thousands of lightnings.

Sponsored

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
The parts they are missing is microchips.....it's what every Auto manufacturer is missing. I feel pretty confident that they will prioritize lightning over other f150 or explorer or whatever else. But for all we know they have already stockpiled what they need to build tens of thousands of lightnings.
It took me 4 MONTHS to get a front camera. The part shortage is not just microchips. My dealer told me I was not the only one waiting on parts from Ford.

You feel pretty confident they are going to prioritize the lightning over their #1 selling vehicle for the last 40 years?

I don't know why you guys get so defensive when someone make an opinion that may be different than yours, this is just based on the current climate with Ford and their vehicles and personal experience on parts for 2021 F150s.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
It took me 4 MONTHS to get a front camera. The part shortage is not just microchips. My dealer told me I was not the only one waiting on parts from Ford.

You feel pretty confident they are going to prioritize the lightning over their #1 selling vehicle for the last 40 years?

I don't know why you guys get so defensive when someone make an opinion that may be different than yours, this is just based on the current climate with Ford and their vehicles and personal experience on parts for 2021 F150s.
That front camera has a Microchip. Those are exactly the parts they are having shortages of.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
You should test drive the Ford MachE, much better car than the Model Y. Tesla is pointlessly quirky (door handles to window washers) and Ford's 360 Co-Pilot much better than the 3/Y's Autopilot product especially on blind spot alerts, land keeping alerts, rear cross traffic alerts, adaptive cruise, 360 view) and on the tech, Ford offers CarPlay/Auto.
Sponsored