I can’t believe this happened...

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SuperCrew Platinum 5.0 4x4 6.5'
I looked up my VIN and its not recognized. Must be an internal system that activates once sold.
Nope. I just looked up 5 VINs for 5 trucks that are on the lot @ my local dealership. All 5 showed up (no recalls, either).
Sponsored

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Nope. I just looked up 5 VINs for 5 trucks that are on the lot @ my local dealership. All 5 showed up (no recalls, either).
I got it to work, screenshot was attached.

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
I got it to work. The picture of the truck doesn’t match my ordered truck but that’s something that doesn’t matter. It is also saying no recalls found. Screenshot below.
7467E922-E607-4088-982A-6BFB97F27896.jpeg
Oh man, if you have a recall on yours and that’s what the website is showing I’m not feeling as confident on the accuracy of my vin saying it doesn’t have a recall on it now.

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Thanks, says there isn't any recalls. Only other thing I can think of is the tonneau cover that I asked them to put on, but I don't think it takes THAT long....
It’s out on test drives... ?

J/J. Hope you get in in your driveway soon!

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Mine was in shop for 3 weeks a few days after picking it up windshield recall came. My advisor set up an appointment. I was planning on changing and waiting this out a little longer but check engine lights came on so back in again. I do really miss my 2016.

Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
Well the dealer called on Friday and said they got the windshield in and were fixing it and the sealant recall on tomorrow and should be able to FINALLY pick up my truck Tuesday! At this point if the truck starts on fire I won’t be surprised. :eek:

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
It’s out on test drives... ?

J/J. Hope you get in in your driveway soon!
Thankfully it seems like that wasn't the case!
Picked up the truck on Friday. Apparently despite it sitting in their yard for five days they didn't manage to get to it until Thursday night.

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Thankfully it seems like that wasn't the case!
Picked up the truck on Friday. Apparently despite it sitting in their yard for five days they didn't manage to get to it until Thursday night.
Craziness, especially with your long wait! Really happy you have it now!!! Hope you love it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
***UPDATE***

Went to pickup my truck yesterday after the windshield recall and to pay for it and drive my truck home. Well after 8 months from ordering to "delivery" I get to the dealer to find that they did not fix the rust (or offer to fix) and they also would not come down in price at all to compensate even after saying they would. Long story short, refused the truck. Im ordering through Granger, hopefully this one gets built after Job #2 rolls out and they are hopefully also going to fix the rust issues by then. Just unbelievable, but it doesn't surprise me at all.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
***UPDATE***

Went to pickup my truck yesterday after the windshield recall and to pay for it and drive my truck home. Well after 8 months from ordering to "delivery" I get to the dealer to find that they did not fix the rust (or offer to fix) and they also would not come down in price at all to compensate even after saying they would. Long story short, refused the truck. Im ordering through Granger, hopefully this one gets built after Job #2 rolls out and they are hopefully also going to fix the rust issues by then. Just unbelievable, but it doesn't surprise me at all.
I give you credit for standing your ground but wow that was such a long wait. You waited so long that the dealer should have made things right and especially if they said they would. Good for you but sadly the dealer has probably already sold your truck. You have more stamina than myself to put yourself through the waiting game again. Regardless you have principles and I respect that.

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
I give you credit for standing your ground but wow that was such a long wait. You waited so long that the dealer should have made things right and especially if they said they would. Good for you but sadly the dealer has probably already sold your truck. You have more stamina than myself to put yourself through the waiting game again. Regardless you have principles and I respect that.
Thanks, I just couldn't get past the rust and when they wouldn't provide any concession on price that was enough for me to walk. They were scratching their heads when I left, they assumed I would just roll over and accept any price since they are hard to come by right now. Important thing is, I got my deposit back and will be putting in a brand new order with Chip at @Granger Ford, going through all of this over again. Sucks, but in the end I want to feel happy with my purchase and not have to worry about rust from the get go.

Grussell59

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
I bought my truck in December. I had issues with the alarm going off every night so I stopped by the dealer and talked to a service writer. He scheduled me in the next week to update the software. I went to the appointment and waited about an hour and he came and told me I would have to leave it for a few days as they were having problems updating the software. He said he would call me when he had a loaner available which ended up being 2 months. They had my truck for a week. I had 6 items that needed to be addressed, 2 were software items. One is wind noise at the top of the drivers door. Tech said he drove it and did not hear anything. Service advisor admitted he didn't drive it on the highway. I can look at the door and see it is out of alignment. Another was some type of sticker was mushed all in the carpet under the driver floor mat. Work order stated it was removed. I just discovered today when I pulled the mats out its still there. There were also 4 rub marks in the carpet that looked like boxes or something rubbed the fiber off during transit. That was totally ignored on the service order. Now I am 4 months from purchase and it I go to another dealer Ford will likely deny the carpet issue and my original dealer new aboput the carpet in January. I can tell my dealer is buried with work, but my experience with their service department has ended my relationship with them. it sux because this was the 3rd vehicle I have bought from them. The last was a 2018 F150 that had zero issues for 65,000 miles. I have been a Ford guy most of my life, but the roll out of the 2021 F150's has been a cluster f&ck.
I fixed my door alignment in less than 5 minutes. The hinge bolts are 13mm. I lossened the top hinge and moved the door in about 1/4 inch. The door is aligned and the wind noise is gone. I can see where the dealer tech had a hard time with it. They must hve had the janitor working on it.

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov