First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Chewed up or some how prematurely rotted.
Sponsored

twelpo19

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Rach, 2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Consultant
Thank you all for the #rustgate information. I just bought my King Ranch Hybrid, 242 miles on it and went to see where the battery is and how put together. Shocked at the rust, awaiting the Sales Manager call but based on above expect to be disappointed. I live in TX, this is April, frankly no excuse for it from Ford. I will rectify myself, likely with a few choice words, as I scrape it off.

Grussell59

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
I bought my truck in December. I had issues with the alarm going off every night so I stopped by the dealer and talked to a service writer. He scheduled me in the next week to update the software. I went to the appointment and waited about an hour and he came and told me I would have to leave it for a few days as they were having problems updating the software. He said he would call me when he had a loaner available which ended up being 2 months. They had my truck for a week. I had 6 items that needed to be addressed, 2 were software items. One is wind noise at the top of the drivers door. Tech said he drove it and did not hear anything. Service advisor admitted he didn't drive it on the highway. I can look at the door and see it is out of alignment. Another was some type of sticker was mushed all in the carpet under the driver floor mat. Work order stated it was removed. I just discovered today when I pulled the mats out its still there. There were also 4 rub marks in the carpet that looked like boxes or something rubbed the fiber off during transit. That was totally ignored on the service order. Now I am 4 months from purchase and it I go to another dealer Ford will likely deny the carpet issue and my original dealer new aboput the carpet in January. I can tell my dealer is buried with work, but my experience with their service department has ended my relationship with them. it sux because this was the 3rd vehicle I have bought from them. The last was a 2018 F150 that had zero issues for 65,000 miles. I have been a Ford guy most of my life, but the roll out of the 2021 F150's has been a cluster f&ck.

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
I bought my truck in December. I had issues with the alarm going off every night so I stopped by the dealer and talked to a service writer. He scheduled me in the next week to update the software. I went to the appointment and waited about an hour and he came and told me I would have to leave it for a few days as they were having problems updating the software. He said he would call me when he had a loaner available which ended up being 2 months. They had my truck for a week. I had 6 items that needed to be addressed, 2 were software items. One is wind noise at the top of the drivers door. Tech said he drove it and did not hear anything. Service advisor admitted he didn't drive it on the highway. I can look at the door and see it is out of alignment. Another was some type of sticker was mushed all in the carpet under the driver floor mat. Work order stated it was removed. I just discovered today when I pulled the mats out its still there. There were also 4 rub marks in the carpet that looked like boxes or something rubbed the fiber off during transit. That was totally ignored on the service order. Now I am 4 months from purchase and it I go to another dealer Ford will likely deny the carpet issue and my original dealer new aboput the carpet in January. I can tell my dealer is buried with work, but my experience with their service department has ended my relationship with them. it sux because this was the 3rd vehicle I have bought from them. The last was a 2018 F150 that had zero issues for 65,000 miles. I have been a Ford guy most of my life, but the roll out of the 2021 F150's has been a cluster f&ck.
I agree it has been a cluster. I still don’t have mine even after it was delivered to the dealer. Won’t let me take it home until the windshield recall is performed. They said 1-2 weeks. It’s been a full week since they said that. Hopefully they call soon. On your situation I would try and get it fixed with another dealer. They may ask why you didn’t go back to the originating dealer but just tell them they are too backed up and they say they do things which clearly they didn’t do. Tell them you have bought 3 fords in the last X amount of years and if they take care of you, they could be your next dealer. It’s worth a shot at this point!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
It’s insane. He told me “direct from Ford”. Apparently they can get into trouble?? Not sure. But the end result is I’m stuck with no truck...again.
I hate hearing this, I got the letter about mine but will not be in any hurry to take it in. I want to make sure they have everything needed.

Sponsored

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
My truck should be showing up in the next couple weeks and I want to make sure I don’t run into the same issue. I plugged my vin into the Ford recall site (https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/recalls.html)
And I got back that there are no active recalls on my truck. Anyone know if this is accurate if I haven’t actually purchased the truck yet? I guess my question is would this site accurately reflect current recall status on a brand new truck that doesn’t have an owner yet?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
My truck should be showing up in the next couple weeks and I want to make sure I don’t run into the same issue. I plugged my vin into the Ford recall site (https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/recalls.html)
And I got back that there are no active recalls on my truck. Anyone know if this is accurate if I haven’t actually purchased the truck yet? I guess my question is would this site accurately reflect current recall status on a brand new truck that doesn’t have an owner yet?
Maybe they are able to build some with the new adhesive and some were not. One owner on this site had his built in Dec and his is not showing the recall. Mine was early build of 12 Nov and is, I may not take it in till end of summer and sure they can do it quickly.

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
Maybe they are able to build some with the new adhesive and some were not. One owner on this site had his built in Dec and his is not showing the recall. Mine was early build of 12 Nov and is, I may not take it in till end of summer and sure they can do it quickly.
☝
@currybob has it right. Don’t bring it in until your dealer has the adhesive and extra windshield in stock. My dealer said failure rate on the windshields are close to 90%. They crack when they take them out. If you can, wait!

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
@mnstang, your situation has me worried now. Dealer has had my truck since Saturday and it's just been nothing but radio silence from them, if I don't hear from them today then I'll go down tomorrow and see what's up. Been around the lot a couple of times this week and didn't see it, so it's either in hiding or in a shop somewhere.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Thanks, says there isn't any recalls. Only other thing I can think of is the tonneau cover that I asked them to put on, but I don't think it takes THAT long....
I was just thinking about this recall tool. I really do not know if the vehicle needs to be sold before the VIN is recognized. Could be something unique and only works when its sold but I have no idea.

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
I was just thinking about this recall tool. I really do not know if the vehicle needs to be sold before the VIN is recognized. Could be something unique and only works when its sold but I have no idea.
I looked up my VIN and its not recognized. Must be an internal system that activates once sold.

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
It pulls up a truck for me, so I'm assuming it's working right.
Haven't signed any paperwork yet either, so unless they've sold it out from under me...

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
Haven't signed any paperwork yet either, so unless they've sold it out from under me...
I got it to work. The picture of the truck doesn’t match my ordered truck but that’s something that doesn’t matter. It is also saying no recalls found. Screenshot below.
Ford F-150 I can’t believe this happened... 7467E922-E607-4088-982A-6BFB97F27896
Sponsored