Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Also. I took pictures of the undercarriage. Pumpkin doesn’t look too bad. But not the end of the axle. Look at this:
0328706F-E7FA-47AF-B2C6-9F1D2FE5CC4C.jpeg
7A0E20A9-156A-4712-9CB8-91FF0B831558.jpeg
There's "rust"... and then there's "ROT".

That's rot!

Those components got submerged, not "wet'.
Sponsored

Reactions: Dan

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Well you won’t believe what happened. Got there. Test drove it. Sat down to go over everything and the manager comes out and says that the service tech missed that there is a recall on it for the windshield and I can’t take it home until it gets fixed. Another 2 weeks at least!

What I don’t get is that it was produced 1/22 and SAT on ramp 59 for months. They couldn’t fix it while it was there?

Needless to say the GM came out and was super embarrased about the whole ordeal and offered free oil changes.

I knew your delivery was imminent, and was wondering why you haven’t updated! Sorry for the delay!

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
I knew your delivery was imminent, and was wondering why you haven’t updated! Sorry for the delay!
At this point nothing will surprise me Kyle!

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I was wondering about your delivery as well. Just unbelievable the wait you have had and now this. At least the GM seems to realize how stupid this is.

jsager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
Retired
Well you won’t believe what happened. Got there. Test drove it. Sat down to go over everything and the manager comes out and says that the service tech missed that there is a recall on it for the windshield and I can’t take it home until it gets fixed. Another 2 weeks at least!

What I don’t get is that it was produced 1/22 and SAT on ramp 59 for months. They couldn’t fix it while it was there?

Needless to say the GM came out and was super embarrased about the whole ordeal and offered free oil changes.
Well, it looks like our trucks were sitting together In a Dearborn parking lot. Mine was built 1/21 and it arrived yesterday. Same deal with the windshield, dealer won’t let it off the lot till it’s fixed early next week. Well, I guess it gives them a little time to fix the f#%@*$g rust on the rear end!

Ford F-150 I can’t believe this happened... B529C35A-7CFC-430D-8308-A16B8E95FFCA

Ford F-150 I can’t believe this happened... 7C4EC9BB-BD6C-4199-8CBB-E8BEDB1A90AC

Sponsored

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
Well, it looks like our trucks were sitting together In a Dearborn parking lot. Mine was built 1/21 and it arrived yesterday. Same deal with the windshield, dealer won’t let it off the lot till it’s fixed early next week. Well, I guess it gives them a little time to fix the f#%@*$g rust on the rear end!

B529C35A-7CFC-430D-8308-A16B8E95FFCA.jpeg

7C4EC9BB-BD6C-4199-8CBB-E8BEDB1A90AC.jpeg
This is getting out hand! We are truck brothers for sure, same color, lariat sport, PowerBoost. Dont let them get away without fixing the rust!

Reactions: Dan

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Nick, your rust is like most (not all) of us experience.

Windshield. I knew Ford was passing the repair process onto the dealership - as this allow for Ford to move vehicles. off their lot. When they sit @ Ramp 59 Ford decided not to got back and do repairs (they love to play with production numbers).

The problem was (as in most cases) safety of the windshield sealing process was ID but repair resources (items needed to repair) were not on hand @ dealerships. I really don't understand why dealership told you 2-weeks, By now the supply chain of sealant should be readily available.

Rust: I cleaned all mine off and no issues (fairly easy). Likewsie the product I used "will" not damange any brake lines, rubber lines etc..) I used Rust-Oleum Rust Dissolver 32-fl oz Rust Remover. It only takes a very little to get the rust off - follow the directions.

I sprayed mine waited 45 mins; I then hit it with smalll wire brush, wipped it off best I could then: - then drove down the street (about 2 miles) and hit it all off with a car wash sprayer. It took it down to the metal & then I repainted it. All looks new - as it should of been in the first place!

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
Nick, your rust is like most (not all) of us experience.

Windshield. I knew Ford was passing the repair process onto the dealership - as this allow for Ford to move vehicles. off their lot. When they sit @ Ramp 59 Ford decided not to got back and do repairs (they love to play with production numbers).

The problem was (as in most cases) safety of the windshield sealing process was ID but repair resources (items needed to repair) were not on hand @ dealerships. I really don't understand why dealership told you 2-weeks, By now the supply chain of sealant should be readily available.

Rust: I cleaned all mine off and no issues (fairly easy). Likewsie the product I used "will" not damange any brake lines, rubber lines etc..) I used Rust-Oleum Rust Dissolver 32-fl oz Rust Remover. It only takes a very little to get the rust off - follow the directions.

I sprayed mine waited 45 mins; I then hit it with smalll wire brush, wipped it off best I could then: - then drove down the street (about 2 miles) and hit it all off with a car wash sprayer. It took it down to the metal & then I repainted it. All looks new - as it should of been in the first place!
For the rust I can see wanting to do it yourself, and I likely will, but if the dealer can do it before I buy it professionally, I will go with that. With the windshield I was told they are breaking the windshields when taking them out so they need a windshield on hand everytime. Also there is something with the leadfoot paint color that needs to happen as well because of the adhesive used.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Agree with rust - if dealer can do absoulutely let them. Mine would not.

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
This is getting out hand! We are truck brothers for sure, same color, lariat sport, PowerBoost. Dont let them get away without fixing the rust!
Mine was for the most part ok. There was a little rust string but the dealer had it done. Just wanting on time to see if they did a good job. I was wondering if the Dearborn plant had a flood with their parking lot full of winter salt! If you can find anyone that lives in that area, they may be able to help with reasoning for all the rust on so many trucks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
Well little bit of an update for you. Salesman called and said that now they will do nothing for me for the rust. They are regurgitating Fords official stance “surface rust is completely normal”. So if I want this truck I will have to do it myself. Windshield adhesive recall still has yet to be fixed.

Sbdavis1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 Lariat ordered 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Financial Planner, Lawyer
Well little bit of an update for you. Salesman called and said that now they will do nothing for me for the rust. They are regurgitating Fords official stance “surface rust is completely normal”. So if I want this truck I will have to do it myself. Windshield adhesive recall still has yet to be fixed.
I get it that the dealer doesn’t want to put man hours into a job Ford won’t pay them for, but that is just garbage under normal circumstances and worse given everything you’ve put up with thus far. I’d tell the salesman to put the sales manager on the phone as he clearly got the short stick having to make that call. If it was so normal, why is this the first time they’ve tried to sell new vehicles with it. Love my truck but Ford isn’t helping themselves trying to pretend the rust issue just isn’t an issue. I’m fixing mine myself simply because it is too much hassle and time to work with my dealership on the issue. Given they have your truck and time to burn with it, would be a gesture of good will if nothing else to sell you a visibly rust free vehicle at this point. We may all have to start the #RustedNewF-150 trending to get Ford to realize they can’t Jedi mind trick this issue away.

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
I get it that the dealer doesn’t want to put man hours into a job Ford won’t pay them for, but that is just garbage under normal circumstances and worse given everything you’ve put up with thus far. I’d tell the salesman to put the sales manager on the phone as he clearly got the short stick having to make that call. If it was so normal, why is this the first time they’ve tried to sell new vehicles with it. Love my truck but Ford isn’t helping themselves trying to pretend the rust issue just isn’t an issue. I’m fixing mine myself simply because it is too much hassle and time to work with my dealership on the issue. Given they have your truck and time to burn with it, would be a gesture of good will if nothing else to sell you a visibly rust free vehicle at this point. We may all have to start the #RustedNewF-150 trending to get Ford to realize they can’t Jedi mind trick this issue away.
I 100% agree with you. They had a little bad press right at the beginning of #rustgate but things have quieted down. Some people will say “deal with it, it’s just a bit of surface rust”. Well I’m sorry. I live in MN. King of salty roads. A little surface rust turns into degraded metal quickly. Seems unacceptable to me that they can even call it surface rust with all the bubbling going on.
Ford F-150 I can’t believe this happened... F7D2313C-C10F-4BFB-B6ED-9EFCE1E51404

Wakevictim

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 3.5L eb
Occupation
Military
Also. I took pictures of the undercarriage. Pumpkin doesn’t look too bad. But not the end of the axle. Look at this:
0328706F-E7FA-47AF-B2C6-9F1D2FE5CC4C.jpeg
7A0E20A9-156A-4712-9CB8-91FF0B831558.jpeg
Is it just me, or does that brake line look a little chewed up?!?!

Ford F-150 I can’t believe this happened... 47BCCBCD-0CE6-4DFB-929D-CD209DC7C06C
Sponsored