First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 5.5Ft Bed
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
Two weeks to swap a windshield is absolutely ridiculous!

Not even swap it. Just pull and re-set it.
I had to make an appointment to get mine done. It took two weeks to till an open date. the reason why the adhesive wasn't sticking well has something to do with an additive in the paint or clear coat.
According to my dealer, the truck has to go into their body shop where the window is taken out and the truck is prepped for a new window. At that point , they have their local window shop re-install the window.
took 2 days and they gave me a courtesy car.
Sponsored

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
Well you won’t believe what happened. Got there. Test drove it. Sat down to go over everything and the manager comes out and says that the service tech missed that there is a recall on it for the windshield and I can’t take it home until it gets fixed. Another 2 weeks at least!

What I don’t get is that it was produced 1/22 and SAT on ramp 59 for months. They couldn’t fix it while it was there?

Needless to say the GM came out and was super embarrased about the whole ordeal and offered free oil changes.
Aren’t they supposed to inspect it before it leaves the plant?

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
***UPDATE***

Went to pickup my truck yesterday after the windshield recall and to pay for it and drive my truck home. Well after 8 months from ordering to "delivery" I get to the dealer to find that they did not fix the rust (or offer to fix) and they also would not come down in price at all to compensate even after saying they would. Long story short, refused the truck. Im ordering through Granger, hopefully this one gets built after Job #2 rolls out and they are hopefully also going to fix the rust issues by then. Just unbelievable, but it doesn't surprise me at all.
So sorry to hear that after waiting so long!

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I get it that the dealer doesn’t want to put man hours into a job Ford won’t pay them for, but that is just garbage under normal circumstances and worse given everything you’ve put up with thus far. I’d tell the salesman to put the sales manager on the phone as he clearly got the short stick having to make that call. If it was so normal, why is this the first time they’ve tried to sell new vehicles with it. Love my truck but Ford isn’t helping themselves trying to pretend the rust issue just isn’t an issue. I’m fixing mine myself simply because it is too much hassle and time to work with my dealership on the issue. Given they have your truck and time to burn with it, would be a gesture of good will if nothing else to sell you a visibly rust free vehicle at this point. We may all have to start the #RustedNewF-150 trending to get Ford to realize they can’t Jedi mind trick this issue away.
I would have been quicker for them to clean the rust off and have a happy customer! Now they have no sale and a rusty truck and anyone else looking for a Ford will look underneath and see the rust and walk away so they will have to do the work anyway.
Sponsored