Sponsored

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
Sorry if I come across a bit chippy in my reply. I've been battling the misinformation pushed out by Tesla-short sellers for 6 years + on safety and reliability of their cars. I can over react at times, so nothing personal @BoilerTimmay , just me being, well, me, when it comes to Tesla.
Sponsored

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I agree as well.

And Bob, on the other thread you asked how fast my EVO was, so when these numbers came out I had to look it up, because they sounded pretty close to what I remembered for the EVO. In 2008 the first test for my EVO showed 5.1 sec 0-60, and 13.8 at 100 mph in the quarter mile. Now my 2011 hasn't been stock since the week I bought it in May 2012, but holy cow...and the EVO doesn't get anywhere close to 24 mpg and it weighs at least 2000 lbs less. I mean straight line acceleration is not what EVOs were built for, but it was the fastest vehicle I owned, until this truck shows up...

We are buying a dang fast pickup truck!!! I knew it was fast on the test drive, and I even told my wife there was no reason to take it out of "ECO Mode" unless you need 4wd, but dang I had no idea it was this fast. These stats are pretty useless for pickups, and I wish the braking performance was better, since that actually comes into play when pulling a trailer, but it will be nice to have the performance anytime you want it.
I have a 2017 F150 and at 30K miles, I upgraded the brakes to the slotted rotors and high-performance shoes. The reason I did this my 2013 went through rotors twice in 42k miles.

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
For those wanting the quick stats:

0-60 in 5.2 seconds
1/4 mile in 13.8 seconds at 102.1 mph
60-0 in 136 feet
0.75Gs worth of later grip.

Not bad for most cars, much less a 5,832 pound truck!
I have an add on box called pedal commander and it totally changes the rate of acceleration from stock. Almost to the scary stage. This is on my 2017 F150.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
You know, I think this is going to put even more demand for this power train.

I know our orders are early and the averages won't probably hold throughout the entire year but I still think Ford has greatly underestimated the percentage of PowerBoost that will be ordered. They stated 10% and I'm thinking closer to 25%.

For the upper end models, the cost is very minimal and you get the 2.4kw propower thrown in to
boot.

I know that reading that article, if I had not already ordered one, it would make me want to now. Lol
Absolutley agree, from the individual (Non-Ford), agancies that have tested, drove etc... they all are heavily promoting the full hybrid. I'm betting those like us that has done their research will end up chosing the hybrid. You are spot on ref: Getting an additional 2.4Kw of generator power. One has to look at the total package Ford 150 line is offering & I'm sure they would come to the same conclusion as all of us have. I'm hoping Ford is watching & working with their suppliers on this Hybrid engine. My bet is once the Hybrid gets on to the delearship showrooms, more individual YouTube post of F150 Hybrid owner showing off their 150's - it will futher drive up the orders and demand for Hybrid engines. I'm curious how many delearships across the U.S and Canada have stock orders with the Hybrid.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Have you folks read this one today from MotorBiscuit? I received it this morning. It's and artictle title & written about "The 2021 Ford F-150 PowerBoost Has a Major Flaw That May Stop Buyers – But Not the Truck" Interesting read about the braking system. I hope I got the link correctly.
LINK:
The 2021 Ford F-150 PowerBoost Has a Major Flaw That May ...

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-2021-ford-f-150-powerboost-has-a-major-flaw-that-may-stop-buyers-but-not-the-truck/

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Have you folks read this one today from MotorBiscuit? I received it this morning. It's and artictle title & written about "The 2021 Ford F-150 PowerBoost Has a Major Flaw That May Stop Buyers – But Not the Truck" Interesting read about the braking system. I hope I got the link correctly.
LINK:
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-2021-ford-f-150-powerboost-has-a-major-flaw-that-may-stop-buyers-but-not-the-truck/
A lot of members here have had the opportunity to drive the new F-150. I know those are short and often controlled drives, but this is the first I have heard of any brake feel/stoppage issues. Anyone think this is accurate or did the tester get a dud?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
LINK:
The trucks these places have to test were very early productions and may not have had the best setup and tire configuration. They didn't say much other than their test vehicle had longer stopping distance than previous F150s and the knobby tires could be some of it and the feel of the breaking.

I've seen several video's of lengthy test drives and none really said anything about not liking the breaking feel. In my test drive of one, I did not notice anything different from my 2018. Now, I only had to get on it pretty hard one time, after doing a full acceleration and scaring my Ford rep. It worked just fine, so I don't know where they are coming from at all.

Here is a newer video with a PowerBoost and a lengthy test drive. The actual driving starts around 13 min.

He drove without any towing and with towing, he says nothing about a bad break feel. Like the dozens of video's I have watched, none said the breaks did not feel good or weak.

I just know from my limited experience with a 2021, I'm not worried.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The trucks these places have to test were very early productions and may not have had the best setup and tire configuration. They didn't say much other than their test vehicle had longer stopping distance than previous F150s and the knobby tires could be some of it and the feel of the breaking.

I've seen several video's of lengthy test drives and none really said anything about not liking the breaking feel. In my test drive of one, I did not notice anything different from my 2018. Now, I only had to get on it pretty hard one time, after doing a full acceleration and scaring my Ford rep. It worked just fine, so I don't know where they are coming from at all.

Here is a newer video with a PowerBoost and a lengthy test drive. The actual driving starts around 13 min.

He drove without any towing and with towing, he says nothing about a bad break feel. Like the dozens of video's I have watched, none said the breaks did not feel good or weak.

I just know from my limited experience with a 2021, I'm not worried.
Yep, I have no idea where the writer is coming from. I sure don't take it serious. My take it is a little different as expected and it's new for this writer. We all know what they say about opinions. :)

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I have an add on box called pedal commander and it totally changes the rate of acceleration from stock. Almost to the scary stage. This is on my 2017 F150.

Is that meant to be for gains in performance?

Sponsored

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Is that meant to be for gains in performance?
It decreases the lag time from pushing down on the pedal and getting the computer to recognize a change in pedal position and getting instantaneous acceleration. It has 4 settings. The sport is so sensitive that just touching the pedal it will launch.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
It decreases the lag time from pushing down on the pedal and getting the computer to recognize a change in pedal position and getting instantaneous acceleration. It has 4 settings. The sport is so sensitive that just touching the pedal it will launch.
Good to know!

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I have read a lot of good things about Pedal Commander. I considered putting one on my Tacoma, but by the time I got around to doing it, I have become accustomed to how the truck drove and knew how much input I needed to apply to get the results I wanted from the truck.
Sponsored