Sponsored

BOB L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Mustang GT, 2015 Wrangler
I didn't catch this electric-only range estimate in the Car and Driver article until reading it again. They're estimating about 10 miles of pure electric range.

Ford also will offer the first plug-in hybrid in the half-ton-truck market, with an electric motor sandwiched between a turbo V-6 and a 10-speed auto. Electric range will probably exceed 10 miles but only when commuting unladen. Do F-150 buyers really want a truck with a plug? Ford is doubling down that they will.
Sponsored

Bobert78

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Escape Titanium
Ford said yesterday it won’t be a plug in hybrid. It will be the same as the new explorer hybrid but could also be utilized as a mobile generator

Peter P

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT
Ford said yesterday it won’t be a plug in hybrid. It will be the same as the new explorer hybrid but could also be utilized as a mobile generator
Yep, it's listed in the VIN decoder as a "HEV" and not "PHEV."

People are making a big deal out of Car and Driver's estimate of 10 miles electric range but I think they're just guessing. Fact that they got the PHEV (instead of HEV) info wrong doesn't help their credibility.

Bobert78

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Escape Titanium

People are making a big deal out of Car and Driver's estimate of 10 miles electric range but I think they're just guessing. Fact that they got the PHEV (instead of HEV) info wrong doesn't help their credibility.
Exactly

Sponsored

F150Writer

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Raptor
Occupation
Writer

Yes, but it also doesn't help that Ford's PR team is difficult to deal with, giving no info whatsoever but then calling out media outlets when they're suppositions or postulations are wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I guess we’ll know in a few months. :)

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Am I missing something because I really don’t get this.

I mean,, why go through all of this expense and complexity for just 10 miles of range on electric.

maduck

Threads
Reaction score
Am I missing something because I really don’t get this.

I mean,, why go through all of this expense and complexity for just 10 miles of range on electric.
It looks like Ford already debunked this article and stated that it will not be a plug in hybrid. It seems the hybrid will be more about towing capacity while also being able to act as a mobile generator. It's a smart move IMO since there will be a full EV version offered.

TheOne

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost convertible 50 Year Appereance Package
Occupation
Work
I am very interested in this Hybrid set up. I can't wait to see the specs and pricing.
Sponsored