Sponsored

Hybrid F150 - best method to power 12V accessories in bed/canopy setup while camping/sleeping?

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
Did you add additional chargers to up your bank? Without a charger that can really feed juice to the batt you're leaving a little bit of efficiency out. In a perfect world you could crank it up and charge at 7kW and shut if back off. We really need remote / phone control of the generator.
I have a MultiPlus-II 12/3000/2x 120V VE.Bus Inverter/Charger feeding 4 X 100ah in an Airstream. System really integrates nicely with PBoB. Typically take 25% out of the batteries overnight running normal 110v/12v sources. PPoB tops off batteries in the morning in an hour or two.
Sponsored

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
When camping I use the plugs in the bed and generator mode for lighting, cooking, charging things etc. At night I take my small Jackery 300 into my tent for an LED strip, phone charging, and fan. Then I just plug the jackery in the next day to charge while I drive (though that’s rarely needed). That small Jackery will charge all my devices including drone batteries multiple times over. I wouldn’t risk tapping into your trucks 12v system if you’re planning on being out in the middle of nowhere like I usually am.

thudnblunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Cloud Software Architect
When camping I use the plugs in the bed and generator mode for lighting, cooking, charging things etc. At night I take my small Jackery 300 into my tent for an LED strip, phone charging, and fan. Then I just plug the jackery in the next day to charge while I drive (though that’s rarely needed). That small Jackery will charge all my devices including drone batteries multiple times over. I wouldn’t risk tapping into your trucks 12v system if you’re planning on being out in the middle of nowhere like I usually am.
This is exactly what I'm doing too. That 300W Jackery is great paired with a PowerBoost. I don't want the truck cycling on in the middle of the night disturbing other people (though it might be a good bear deterrent!), and all those starts of a cool engine all night long don't help the engine's longevity either. The Jackery 300 in the tent is perfect and so portable.

When my truck is parked I'm also using the Jackery to run my 60W fridge for 3-4 hours while I'm away from the truck on a bike ride. With dual charging the Jackery takes 2.5 hours to charge up to full and I can do that while charging up my drone batteries and eMTB etc before "quiet time".

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Your engine temperature on long generator runs isn't likely to be too "cool". Or at least Ford includes engine management code for Generator Mode with the burden of EPA on its shoulders.
Sponsored