Husky bed mat vs Ford rubber bed mat

Verdenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Explorer, Escape
Occupation
Underwear model
I've got the husky mat. Seems fine. Looking forward to trying it when/if my powerboost ever gets delivered...
Sponsored

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I would buy whichever one is cheaper. I bought a DeeZee univeral bed mat for my Chevy 2500 and it fits perfectly in the F-150. I never liked the taps for the corners as it made the mat more difficult to remove and put back in the bed. I seldom put anything in the corners so need for the mat in those areas.

Prices have nearly doubled for bed mats as part of the pandemic price gouging that is so prevalent in the USA. Great for company profits and that is evidently all that matters.

rachunter

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 4x4,5.0
I really like the Dual-Liner, the mat is super heavy and it also protects the side of the bed. Seems like most people do a spray in liner and then buy a bed mat but this takes care of it all. I purchased a Dual-liner in 2016 and it is now in its second truck and still going strong.

Rubikane

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
05 Jeep TJ Rubicon 21 JeepJLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Rough Country has a good one for 100 bucks

cheesedogf150

First Name
CheeseDog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
I did the Rubber OEM Ford mat, it works great. Used Ford Pass points so no charge.
Easy to take out and spray down to clean, objects stay put and don't fly around the bed. Meets all my use cases.

I also have the BakFlip MX4 tonneau covering the bed.

Sponsored

Captain Chaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 screw
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I bought the rough country mat for my truck, it's thick, it's rubber, and fits really nicely. My truck stays outside, in the desert, so far so good. Still looking like new.

Kensretired

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat
Occupation
N/A
Looking to get a bed mat temporarily until I eventually get a spray in liner. Has anyone used both or have another they would recommend?
I got the Ford mat using the Pass points. I found by flipping it over it holds cargo better because of all the dimples on the bottom. You'll have to sacrifice the pretty logo though.

Thefreddler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
501a Powerboost
Does the ford rubber mat fit nicely on top of the ford drop in liner? I was looking at the rough country rubber one that says it does, but I could use points on the ford if it fits well enough on top of the drop in of theirs.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I have been using the Dee Zee DZ86973 bed mat that I bought in 2011 for the Chevy truck I owned at the time with its drop-in bed liner. It is now in my 2022 F-150 truck's bed with the factory spray on "liner". The drop in bedliner came with the truck but I would never purposely buy this type of liner that gets in the way of cargo systems and load bars and mounting tool boxes.

My 2022 came with the spray on liner which is really a complete waste of money but does generate a lot of profit for Ford and for the dealer. I don't need it on the sides of the bed and on the floor of the bed I always put a rubber bed mat to keep things from sliding all over while driving.

I trimmed off the front corner sections to make it easier to remove the mat from the truck for a full cleaning of the bed. No need for protecting the areas in front of the wheel wells.

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
Does the ford rubber mat fit nicely on top of the ford drop in liner? I was looking at the rough country rubber one that says it does, but I could use points on the ford if it fits well enough on top of the drop in of theirs.
No, you will need to do some trimming of mat to make fit. More specifically, trimming will need to be done around the wheel wells. I have the OEM drop-in and OEM rubber mat.

Sponsored

xlover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor 37
I did the Rubber OEM Ford mat, it works great. Used Ford Pass points so no charge.
Easy to take out and spray down to clean, objects stay put and don't fly around the bed. Meets all my use cases.

Does the ford mat need the adhesive hook ’n loop system to hold it down or does it just drop in and hold itself down?

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
Does the ford mat need the adhesive hook ’n loop system to hold it down or does it just drop in and hold itself down?
nope. just drop it in place. like others have mentioned its thick and heavy.

to add, i had the OEM Ford Rubber mat on my 2020 F150. (didnt have a liner) and i thought it was great! used ford pass points = free as well.

one thing ill add, i had the OEM bed extender and it did not like how thick the OEM mat was. i had to take the rubber pieces off for it to lock in to the truck bed when stowed. but other than that, it was great

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
i use a 4x6 x 3/4 inch stall mat from tractor supply
its thick enough to take a beating
We use those for strongman lifting and competitions. We put those things through some real torture testing and I have literally never seen one get gouged, much less split or fail in any way. I love those things and they are (relatively) cheap

cheesedogf150

First Name
CheeseDog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
nope, like @crazywayne311 mentioned it stays down on it's own. It has some decent weight to it plus it is fitted for all the bed contours so it does not move. Heavy enough to stay down but still light enough that you can remove it to clean if needed.

Last edited:

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB

We have the exact same setup MX4 tonneau and ford bed mat.

Do you find the MX4 leaves a bit of water at the seams where the tailgate closes?
Sponsored