Husky bed mat vs Ford rubber bed mat

cheesedogf150

First Name
CheeseDog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
We have the exact same setup MX4 tonneau and ford bed mat.

Do you find the MX4 leaves a bit of water at the seams where the tailgate closes?
Yes, this also happens to me.
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
We use those for strongman lifting and competitions. We put those things through some real torture testing and I have literally never seen one get gouged, much less split or fail in any way. I love those things and they are (relatively) cheap
horses tend to like them to (y) my friend that barrel races has them in her stock trailer. floor and side walls that the horses like to kick

WestlakeHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 (on order)
I have the Husky mat and really like it. Luggage, etc really stick to it, so your cargo doesn't slide around.

I had the bed rug in my last truck and thought it was a good product, however, cargo tended to slide around.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
horses tend to like them to (y) my friend that barrel races has them in her stock trailer. floor and side walls that the horses like to kick
Haha, yea they're definitely horse stall mats. They much less expensive, more effective, and more robust than rubber mats designed for gym

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Is one of these mats thicker than the other or are they both (Husky, Ford) the same thickness. What is that thickness.

Sponsored

Jaysonics

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0
I have the Ford bed mat on top of Line-X. It's a carryover that I originally bought for my 2014, then put in my 2019, now it's in my 2022. Had to trim the edges around the wheel wells a bit to fit the newer model but it has lasted years and still works great. I take it out and wash it a few times a year. Nothing slides around on it either, plus the extra protection even with the Line-X is worth it to me.

xlover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor 37
nope. just drop it in place. like others have mentioned its thick and heavy.

to add, i had the OEM Ford Rubber mat on my 2020 F150. (didnt have a liner) and i thought it was great! used ford pass points = free as well.

one thing ill add, i had the OEM bed extender and it did not like how thick the OEM mat was. i had to take the rubber pieces off for it to lock in to the truck bed when stowed. but other than that, it was great
Thanks I was thinking about the ford pass angle to get it on the cheap.

I have the Ford bed mat on top of Line-X. It's a carryover that I originally bought for my 2014, then put in my 2019, now it's in my 2022. Had to trim the edges around the wheel wells a bit to fit the newer model but it has lasted years and still works great. I take it out and wash it a few times a year. Nothing slides around on it either, plus the extra protection even with the Line-X is worth it to me.
Good to know, I am also planning line-x but wanted something else to keep in the bed most of the time on top of the line-x to add a bit more grip for loose "dad stuff" that can fly around (DIY tool boxes, strollers, golf bag/clubs, etc). But also want something I can just pick up and toss out if i want the full bed floor which is why i am not interested in any of the options with the glue on hook and loop

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
Weathertech is a bit pricey, but it's the one mat they make that I prefer. :)

It's laser measured and climbs the vertical surface a few inches to protect the items that might slide all the way in a turn or stop.

I keep it in the truck even after the spray in is done.
Hate to resurrect this old thread but I saw this and some of your other comments about it. Took a look on their website and it is intriguing.

Since it has survived several of your trucks, looks like longevity isn't a problem and if it fits the sides snuggly, that seems like it would be a considerable positive.

How sticky is it compared to a heavy rubber mat re things sliding?

Do the velcro fasteners really hold it in place, when sliding heavy stuff in and out of the bed?

Looks light. Can you guess at its weight?

They have a piece for the tailgate too but no instructions on it and it looks like it fastens down with screws. Anyone know anything about that?

Thanks.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I didn't use the velcro after the first truck.
Not really a sticky surface, so it's not that kind of anti-slide. But it's not slick either.
I just like how it protects all 3 walls a few inches if something does move or roll or slide.

You will need velcro or something as adhesive for the tailgate piece. But in my current truck it's unnecessary because the tailgate work surface doesn't really need that kind of protection.

It's a really nice bed-mat.
Not heavy at all, but rugged enough and wears well. No regrets for myself.

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
For those who had the OEM folding bed extender, which bed mat fits better since the Ford’s one is too thick? Not really looking to remove the extender out.
Sponsored