Icbmredrat

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercrew
Hello

This morning was getting gas and had the tailgate down when a "Hummer" bumped into the back corner of the tailgate. Speed was low enough as he was trying to maneuver into the pump behind me. Checked carefully and couldn't see any body / trim damage and the camera / backup sensors are fine. The truck did move a bit however.

Could that impact from a large vehicle cause tailgate fitment issues down the line? The gate closed fine, cover locked and the release button from fob/cabin also worked fine.

Just paranoid as it took quite a bit of time to get this truck and last thing i want to is to wait for parts for repair (if needed).

Thanks for your input.
Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
You can get a dealer to check over the truck, but if everything looks find then I don't think anything is going to happen later (as far as visuals).

BigBluegen14

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
Sorry that happened to your brand new truck. Hopefully it's as fine as it seems. Man this is frustrating! If you don't know how to drive a vehicle that size DON'T DRIVE ONE. I suppose that would apply to us as well, which is fine. But Hummers are oversized for no practical reason unlike pickups.

OP
OP

Icbmredrat

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercrew
You can get a dealer to check over the truck, but if everything looks find then I don't think anything is going to happen later (as far as visuals).
That is exactly what I am thinking.

Just a question, are the gaps between the tailgate / car body not uniform? I had my truck bed sprayed (aftermarket) and I know they removed the tailgate but probably installed it and adjusted (if any) enough for it to close/open. I look carefully and the gap on the L/R side aren't the same..

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
This happened to my Brother while he was sitting in his pickup. The guy walked into the store so my brother proceeded to open his door aggressively several times into the guys door. Eye for an eye.

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Unfortunately, these things happen. It sounds like you came away unscathed though. A neighbors kid scratched on of my rims with his bike and another kid put a tiny ding in my door. All accidental and all fixable, but still annoying. I stopped letting it bother me, though. But, if I saw someone deliberately causing damage to my truck, I would rain down hell-fire.

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Sorry to hear about your Hummer incident. Personally I try not to get upset about the small stuff anymore. Dings and scratches are inevitable especially with a pickup truck. Honestly sometimes I am not so careful loading and unloading stuff lol. I am thankful that I don't have to worry about any rusting of the spots with the aluminum body panels!
Sponsored