How to temporarily disable Auto-Hold

PolishT247

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB
I discovered today that the auto-hold feature can be temporary disabled in neutral by pressing the ”M” button on the gear shift. I will disable it for 30 minutes, which is very useful for taking the truck through the car wash.
Sponsored

Hartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
My apologies for this stupid question, but do our trucks come stock with auto-hold?

OP
OP
PolishT247

PolishT247

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB
Can you explain to me what auto hold is exactly? My apologies lol
It is like “golf cart mode”. Once you come to a complete stop you can take your foot off the brake pedal and the truck will stay stationary until you press the gas pedal.

Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
It is like “golf cart mode”. Once you come to a complete stop you can take your foot off the brake pedal and the truck will stay stationary until you press the gas pedal.
So you’re telling me this whole time I’ve been holding my brake at stop lights like a peasant?!

Good to know if I ever took it through a auto car wash.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
I discovered today that the auto-hold feature can be temporary disabled in neutral by pressing the ”M” button on the gear shift. I will disable it for 30 minutes, which is very useful for taking the truck through the car wash.
I think you are confusing two different feature/functions . AutoHold is disabled through vehicle settings. AutoHold keeps the brakes applied once you come to a stop. Brakes stay applied until you press on the gas. The other feature is Temporary Neutral Mode, which is activatEd by pressing the Manual button beside the shifter. This keeps the truck in neutral for 30 minutes. Keeps truck from automatically shifting to park.

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Good to know. I’m looking forward to the auto hold feature, but do think there should be certain times it can be turned off.

JKW202

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Thanks for the info! Just went thru car wash for the first time with the new truck and it wouldn't move. Felt like an idiot trying to turn the auto hold off.

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
Glad my favorite local car wash uses a ride on track style type of way to move through car wash, just like the flat escalators in an airport. ;)

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
So when you are stopped at a red traffic light on a busy highway, you can remove your foot from the brake pedal and the brakes stay applied (i.e. Auto-hold)?

If so do the brake lights stay on by themselves, so approaching traffic knows you are stopped with your brakes applied, even though your foot is NOT standing on the brake pedal? I sure hope so....

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
So when you are stopped at a red traffic light on a busy highway, you can remove your foot from the brake pedal and the brakes stay applied (i.e. Auto-hold)?

If so do the brake lights stay on by themselves, so approaching traffic knows you are stopped with your brakes applied, even though your foot is NOT standing on the brake pedal? I sure hope so....
Yes and yes
Sponsored