Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I posted this as a response to another thread, but thought it needed its own thread so it could be easily found.

Removal is on an F-250, but you can see the storage box is nearly identical. Once removed your left with a flat carpeted floor.

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Pretty straightforward. I don’t see me ever taking mine out, tough.

OP
OP
05RubiconLJ

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pretty straightforward. I don’t see me ever taking mine out, tough.
I may never do it, either. But, it’s a big deal to some buyers who want to regain the flat load floor from time to time.

Bajou

First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16MKX '18EDGE '19F-150 (Explorer MarkLT and many F150'S)
Occupation
Financial advisor, business owner
Got my dog on a ride... worst ride ever for me and my dog, it's so slippery i feared my dog would hurt himself and started looking on how to make it easily removable i think i will store it. It should have been made to fold up

OP
OP
05RubiconLJ

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got my dog on a ride... worst ride ever for me and my dog, it's so slippery i feared my dog would hurt himself and started looking on how to make it easily removable i think i will store it. It should have been made to fold up
On the Superduty the bolts are sunk down into the plastic. I assume the same will go for the F-150, so I would suggest using a threaded knob or t-screw to replace the bolt. This should make removal/replacement simple and easy.

Ford F-150 How to remove Partitioned Lockable Storage (rear seat storage tray) 45882CF3-8D21-4575-B7B7-A282E23CF9C7

Last edited:

SARosei

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Finance
I posted this as a response to another thread, but thought it needed its own thread so it could be easily found.

Removal is on an F-250, but you can see the storage box is nearly identical. Once removed your left with a flat carpeted floor.

05Rubicon -- a question for you. The bolts that you exposed as part of the removal process -- are they in a fixed position, for example welded in? Would the bolt heads be visible from beneath the truck? I have a '21 Lariat hybrid and purchased the storage after my delivery -- with no instructions supplied for the installation. Thanks for any assistance you can be -- Mac
Sponsored