First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I saw that too.. that one is at least has specific details. As a software guy I just come to expect it.
If Ford is to be successful at this, they need to hire someone with some Software development/delivery experience. Tesla just dumped 10% of their salaried employees. Pick up some of them so they can do it better (esp if any upper management was let go).

Or better yet. Just scalp someone from Tesla.
Sponsored

ekaddo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning,VolvoXC90T6, BMW1250RT
Occupation
Consultant
Another OTA update. 2.8.3 rear camera can be active in motion:
Ford F-150 How to never miss a OTA software update! [Instructions] 1577640E-C54C-43F5-9CE2-7E0388AEE2CC

Last edited:

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Dealer already tried to fix Sync 4 problem. Both failures. Now waiting for a cable they need. A month since last attempt.

charmincarman

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 3.5L XLT
Occupation
Marketing
Dealer already tried to fix Sync 4 problem. Both failures. Now waiting for a cable they need. A month since last attempt.
My dealer waited or the cable they needed. When I took it back in, they said it still wouldn't take. Started a customer service case with the Official Ford account on this thread to try to speed things along. Had my case switched between representatives over the weekend and the new representative just left me a voicemail stating my local tech said I have no updates available to perform and didn't even acknowledge the failed TSB attempt or 22B08. It's becoming INFURIATING.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
At some point fixing it yourself is the only option worth the effort.

If for no other reason than to actually think well of the truck everytime you look at it in all its glory. If you are going to pay for it, then you deserve to enjoy it.

Ford F-150 How to never miss a OTA software update! [Instructions] 20220706_161413

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
With stories like this, it is no wonder why these trucks have software updating issues.

https://www.teslarati.com/former-tesla-employees-new-home-apple-rivian-lucid-amazon-report/

"More than 450 employees of Tesla left the company in the 90 days that ended on June 30"

"According to LinkedIn statistics, 90 former Tesla employees have joined Rivian and Lucid Motors. Only eight ex-Tesla employees seemed to have transferred to more established automakers like Ford and General Motors."

Ford F-150 How to never miss a OTA software update! [Instructions] 1657272500490

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
My dealer waited or the cable they needed. When I took it back in, they said it still wouldn't take. Started a customer service case with the Official Ford account on this thread to try to speed things along. Had my case switched between representatives over the weekend and the new representative just left me a voicemail stating my local tech said I have no updates available to perform and didn't even acknowledge the failed TSB attempt or 22B08. It's becoming INFURIATING.
I know know how you feel. Almost a month since my letter went to Ford and they obviously have ignored the entire problem.:mad:

Hog_Johnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Never miss a software update!
  1. Set a recurring schedule: For more complex software updates, your vehicle cannot be driven during the installation (typically up to 1 hour). We recommend setting a recurring schedule for a time when your vehicle is not needed (like overnight).
  2. Confirm you have Automatic Updates ON: Most software updates happen in the background while you are driving as long as you have automatic updates toggled ON. This setting is ON by default but we ask that you check your settings screen to confirm.
Both actions can be completed from the settings screen in your vehicle. Click here for step by step instructions.

MORE INFO ADDED BY @flip at Bronco6G.com

Depending on the update the vehicle requires, there are two installation processes:

Driveable Updates
  • Some updates can complete seamlessly in the background. They replace a part of software without impacting the rest of the system
  • SYNC 4 Technology is fully functional while the update is downloading
  • If the Automatic Updates are On, a message will appear in the in-vehicle touchscreen informing the driver of the update and if Wi-Fi is required
  • If Automatic Updates are Off, a message will appear on the in-vehicle touchscreen asking the driver to confirm the update and if Wi‑Fi is required
  • The update will automatically complete in the background. If consent or a Wi‑Fi connection is required, an icon will appear in the touchscreen's upper status bar
  • When the vehicle is restarted, an "Update Successful" icon will appear on the in-vehicle touchscreen. The customer can tap the notification icon to read details about the update or view details on the FordPass App or owner.ford.com
  • If the update fails or if Ford decides to revert to a previous software version, the system will go back to its previous version. Customers will be notified if the update fails, expires or is canceled in-vehicle
Non-driveable Updates
  • The majority of Ford Power-Up software updates will be considered non-driveable updates (parked with the ignition off). This means that the update will erase the system or module and replace it with the latest version of the software
  • The vehicle will not be driveable during this time and the update may take up to 45 minutes to complete. Any updates that may require the vehicle to be parked can be scheduled to take place when customers find it most convenient
  • When a recurring schedule is set, customers will receive an in-vehicle reminder notification at first key cycle within 24 hours of the update. The vehicle will display another notification two minutes before the update begins
  • Scheduling is required to ensure that the updates occur at a convenient time when the customer chooses and when the vehicle is not in use
    • If the vehicle is in use, the system will not update and will automatically postpone to the next scheduled time. Customers will receive a notification that the update was unsuccessful
    • If the vehicle is not in use, a “Preparing Updates” message will appear in the in-vehicle touchscreen and a two-minute countdown will begin. Customers will be prompted to exit the vehicle and lock it, as it will be disarmed during the updates
    • Preconditions may be required for certain updates. If the preconditions are not met, the customer will be notified and the update will not complete
  • When the vehicle is restarted, an "Update Successful" icon will appear in the in-vehicle touchscreen. The customer can tap the notification icon to read details about the updates
  • Customers can also check the status of an update in their FordPass App or on owner.ford.com

Manual Update System Details
Non-driveable Updates

NOTE:
If Automatic Updates are Off, updates are not installed automatically and require the customer to review and approve each update. The vehicle may require important Ford Power-Up software updates, therefore, this method is not recommended.
  • When a new update is available, the customer will see an icon on the in-vehicle touchscreen status bar. To review the update, tap the icon for details to proceed
  • Once the update is reviewed, a notification will appear on the in-vehicle touchscreen with information about how long the installation will take. After that, an "Update Ready Install" icon is accessible on the status bar
  • The driver can tap "Update" on the in-vehicle touchscreen to begin installation
  • If the vehicle is not in use, a “Preparing Updates” message will appear in the in-vehicle touchscreen and a two-minute countdown will begin. Customers will be prompted to exit the vehicle and lock it, as it will be disarmed during non-driveable updates
  • Preconditions may be required for certain updates. If the preconditions are not met, the customer will be notified and the update will not complete
  • If the updates were completed successfully, an "Update Successful" icon will appear on the in-vehicle touchscreen when the vehicle is restarted. The customer can click the notification icon to read details about the update
I've done all of this and have been sitting at 2.3.0 for 4 months now lol

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
unless your OTAs froze. thanks to this forum i was able to get passed the 1.7 freeze and am now receiving updates OTA. feel free to send the next one over. truck is waiting for it. thanks.
how did you get past the freeze? I don’t think I’ve ever gotten an update since I got my truck last fall
Ford F-150 How to never miss a OTA software update! [Instructions] 7943BC45-6C46-4C96-BC9E-435CFED24162

Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Never miss a software update!
  1. Set a recurring schedule: For more complex software updates, your vehicle cannot be driven during the installation (typically up to 1 hour). We recommend setting a recurring schedule for a time when your vehicle is not needed (like overnight).
  2. Confirm you have Automatic Updates ON: Most software updates happen in the background while you are driving as long as you have automatic updates toggled ON. This setting is ON by default but we ask that you check your settings screen to confirm.
Both actions can be completed from the settings screen in your vehicle. Click here for step by step instructions.

MORE INFO ADDED BY @flip at Bronco6G.com

Depending on the update the vehicle requires, there are two installation processes:

Driveable Updates
  • Some updates can complete seamlessly in the background. They replace a part of software without impacting the rest of the system
  • SYNC 4 Technology is fully functional while the update is downloading
  • If the Automatic Updates are On, a message will appear in the in-vehicle touchscreen informing the driver of the update and if Wi-Fi is required
  • If Automatic Updates are Off, a message will appear on the in-vehicle touchscreen asking the driver to confirm the update and if Wi‑Fi is required
  • The update will automatically complete in the background. If consent or a Wi‑Fi connection is required, an icon will appear in the touchscreen's upper status bar
  • When the vehicle is restarted, an "Update Successful" icon will appear on the in-vehicle touchscreen. The customer can tap the notification icon to read details about the update or view details on the FordPass App or owner.ford.com
  • If the update fails or if Ford decides to revert to a previous software version, the system will go back to its previous version. Customers will be notified if the update fails, expires or is canceled in-vehicle
Non-driveable Updates
  • The majority of Ford Power-Up software updates will be considered non-driveable updates (parked with the ignition off). This means that the update will erase the system or module and replace it with the latest version of the software
  • The vehicle will not be driveable during this time and the update may take up to 45 minutes to complete. Any updates that may require the vehicle to be parked can be scheduled to take place when customers find it most convenient
  • When a recurring schedule is set, customers will receive an in-vehicle reminder notification at first key cycle within 24 hours of the update. The vehicle will display another notification two minutes before the update begins
  • Scheduling is required to ensure that the updates occur at a convenient time when the customer chooses and when the vehicle is not in use
    • If the vehicle is in use, the system will not update and will automatically postpone to the next scheduled time. Customers will receive a notification that the update was unsuccessful
    • If the vehicle is not in use, a “Preparing Updates” message will appear in the in-vehicle touchscreen and a two-minute countdown will begin. Customers will be prompted to exit the vehicle and lock it, as it will be disarmed during the updates
  • When the vehicle is restarted, an "Update Successful" icon will appear in the in-vehicle touchscreen. The customer can tap the notification icon to read details about the updates
  • Customers can also check the status of an update in their FordPass App or on owner.ford.com

Manual Update System Details
Non-driveable Updates

NOTE:
If Automatic Updates are Off, updates are not installed automatically and require the customer to review and approve each update. The vehicle may require important Ford Power-Up software updates, therefore, this method is not recommended.
  • When a new update is available, the customer will see an icon on the in-vehicle touchscreen status bar. To review the update, tap the icon for details to proceed
  • Once the update is reviewed, a notification will appear on the in-vehicle touchscreen with information about how long the installation will take. After that, an "Update Ready Install" icon is accessible on the status bar
  • The driver can tap "Update" on the in-vehicle touchscreen to begin installation
  • If the vehicle is not in use, a “Preparing Updates” message will appear in the in-vehicle touchscreen and a two-minute countdown will begin. Customers will be prompted to exit the vehicle and lock it, as it will be disarmed during non-driveable updates
  • If the updates were completed successfully, an "Update Successful" icon will appear on the in-vehicle touchscreen when the vehicle is restarted. The customer can click the notification icon to read details about the update
I have done all of this, yet my truck never downloads any OTA's. It's connected to my in house modem. The truck is scheduled to receive OTA's 7 days a week, at 1 am every morning.

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
Had my truck in this week for my whiny transmission (was told it's normal - ugh) and mentioned an issue with wireless Carplay disconnecting regularly. I had been stuck at 2.3.0 for ages. Dealer did a master reset (not sure if they did anything else), and in the 3 days since, I've gotten 2 updates. First 2.6.0, and now 2.7.1. Tried wireless Carplay after the 2.6.0, and it still disconnected, but at least I'm getting other updates now.

adt1982

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
My truck updated to 2.6.0 two weeks ago...while sitting in a parking lot in St. Louis, not during the time I have set for automatic updates.

EcoPlat

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a EcoBoost
Can someone tell me what this error means and why I'm not getting the OTA updates?

Ford F-150 How to never miss a OTA software update! [Instructions] 1FTFW1E8XMKD79502_error

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
I'm so excited! I just got my first notification of a successful OTA update!

Ford F-150 How to never miss a OTA software update! [Instructions] Screenshot_20221005-194325

It only took 560 days, 18 trips to the dealership, hours of arguing with two different service managers, and 1 new APIM, but I finally got the message!

Now I just need to wait while they sort through the 14 different work orders they've opened until I can get my truck back! Then I'll never miss another OTA update again!
Sponsored