2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat

Mstephens20

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum FX4 701A High
So after taking truck to local dealer and explaining my problem they tired to force a update and the truck wouldn’t take it. Have another appointment to have APIM replaced on Saturday under my extended warranty. I’ve only had the truck about 3 weeks. Which was purchased from dealership 4 hrs away. My question is shouldn’t the dealership I purchased it from take care of this and me not have to pay my deductible for extended warranty?

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
So after taking truck to local dealer and explaining my problem they tired to force a update and the truck wouldn’t take it. Have another appointment to have APIM replaced on Saturday under my extended warranty. I’ve only had the truck about 3 weeks. Which was purchased from dealership 4 hrs away. My question is shouldn’t the dealership I purchased it from take care of this and me not have to pay my deductible for extended warranty?
The software on the truck is in no way covered by warranty. Unless your APIM is totally broken by some hardware issue. If it works, it isn't Ford problem that it is behind on software. Bright side if extended warranty covering replacement you won't be out the full cost on it. Very important that once it is replaced you get into the VIN lookup thread and have the people who know look at it. If dealer does it wrong you will run into even more issues trying to get truck updated.
Sponsored