First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost, 2017 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Attorney
Does anyone know how to inch or creep forward or backwards smoothly with the 3.5L Powerboost?
In a non-powerboost vehicle I usually inch forward by letting off the gas and letting the vehicle inch or creep forward but with Powerboost I have to tap the gas to move forward and it wants to jump forward because when I let off the break the truck does not move. I was inching forward in the garage earlier and felt like I was about to hit the wall lol. Only way I felt in control was to hold my left foot on the break as I tapped the gas. If anyone knows a setting or how to do this I would appreciate it. Just FYI, the Powerboost is awesome and I would recommend!
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone know how to inch or creep forward or backwards smoothly with the 3.5L Powerboost?
In a non-powerboost vehicle I usually inch forward by letting off the gas and letting the vehicle inch or creep forward but with Powerboost I have to tap the gas to move forward and it wants to jump forward because when I let off the break the truck does not move. I was inching forward in the garage earlier and felt like I was about to hit the wall lol. Only way I felt in control was to hold my left foot on the break as I tapped the gas. If anyone knows a setting or how to do this I would appreciate it. Just FYI, the Powerboost is awesome and I would recommend!
That's a great question! I would never have thought of that, but I will need to know in order to make fine adjustments when using my parking laser guide in my garage.

My first thought is a workaround: Temporarily put it in Sport or Tow/Haul mode so that it never runs in electric mode? Then let foot off brake slowly as usual

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
That's a great question! I would never have thought of that, but I will need to know in order to make fine adjustments when using my parking laser guide in my garage.

My first thought is a workaround: Temporarily put it in Sport or Tow/Haul mode so that it never runs in electric mode? Then let foot off brake slowly as usual
There may be something in the settings about turning on or off Auto Hold. I have a Lincoln Corsair and if Auto Hold is on, it won’t move at all unless you push the accelerator. I’m hoping the Powerboost has this also because I also have to slowly inch forward when parking in the garage. It would really ruin your day if you ran through the wall with your brand new truck. :cry:

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
I put the auto break on hold mode. When needing to creep fwd just lightly I mean very lightly tap accelerator pedal. Powerboost will creep its just slightly different.

Our Tesla is very similar it's take time to get use to it. Practice in driveway or parking lot before putting in tight spaces if you can.

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
There may be something in the settings about turning on or off Auto Hold. I have a Lincoln Corsair and if Auto Hold is on, it won’t move at all unless you push the accelerator. I’m hoping the Powerboost has this also because I also have to slowly inch forward when parking in the garage. It would really ruin your day if you ran through the wall with your brand new truck. :cry:
Correct... Go into settings and turn off AUTOHOLD.

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
That seems to be a feature of the auto hold braking. Looks like you can turn it off based off what others have said.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Good info to know for PB owners... Another use-case is when backing up to connect a trailer and you just need to slowly inch towards the hitch.

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Hooking up trailers on hills, where ground is uneven, or muddy, or say garage thresholds must be crossed... in fact anywhere that "precision placement" is required and movement upon just the brake release is erratic .....

Simply put right foot on gas and goto a faster idle. Left foot works the brake and manages vehicle speed and movement. Obviously not to be done for extended periods or distances... few inches for a few seconds.

My dad taught me that when I was 12 and having to hook up and back farm trailers. Had to learn how to do this with a manual as well. Left on clutch. Heel and toe on the gas and brake.

Jim

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
Good info to know for PB owners... Another use-case is when backing up to connect a trailer and you just need to slowly inch towards the hitch.
Autohold is on both PB & Non-PB trucks. Definitely turning it off When I get my truck. It will drive my wife crazy.

Sponsored

gadiedrick

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCrew long bed hybrid
Occupation
retired USN Chief Petty Officer
In a non-powerboost vehicle I usually inch forward by letting off the gas and letting the vehicle inch or creep forward but with Powerboost I have to tap the gas to move forward and it wants to jump forward because when I let off the break the truck does not move. I was inching forward in the garage earlier and felt like I was about to hit the wall lol. Only way I felt in control was to hold my left foot on the break as I tapped the gas. If anyone a setting or how to do this I would appreciate it. Just FYI, the Powerboost is awesome and I would recommend!

gadiedrick

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCrew long bed hybrid
Occupation
retired USN Chief Petty Officer
Yep ...... you're gonna hav'ta turn off the AUTO HOLD & it'll be easier when backing. You won't be need'n to apply as much pressure on the accelerator pedal to back up with the POWERBOOST.

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Check in the settings to see if the auto hold is on. There is a indicator light on the dash just above your headlight on I dictator that lites up at stops

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
I’ve found Autohold to be one of those features where I’ll turn it on maybe in a drive thru or a long line at Costco gas, but I keep it off otherwise. Just can’t wrap my mind around why someone would want that feature on 24/7.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I’ve been wondering how hard the auto-hold applies the brakes. I’ve noticed in rear end collisions, the car that gets hit usually hits the car in front of it, generally, not so much because the initial car is traveling that fast but because the car getting hit doesn’t have its brakes applied very hard. Just like when you feather the brakes to come to a smooth stop.

So I’m curious how much force the auto-hold applies to the hydraulic system. It could lessen injury and damage during potential chain reaction crashes in stop-go traffic. Otherwise, I will probably never use it. Seems to be a feature that can cause more harm than good when driving older cars.
Sponsored