Sponsored

How to fold down rear drivers side seat in supercrew?

Blue Beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Does anyone know how to fold down the rear drivers side seat to access the storage area behind the seat? The passenger side has a release, none on the drivers side. Trying to install a subwoofer behind this seat.
Sponsored

Wakevictim

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 3.5L eb
Occupation
Military
What sub option are you using? I’m debating on installing an AudioControl LC7i or a PAC-Audio amp pro 4 interface (when it’s released) to plug an entire aftermarket sound system into the 12” stock head unit. Just waiting for a YouTube tutorial to watch it all first.

I found a small lock and spring behind the back located on the right side that’s reachable when the seat is folded up. I don’t know why they made it so difficult to open but there’s a tiny lever you need to pull up on. It’s a pain in the butt to get it to lock again once you fold it back up but it’s doable.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Does anyone know how to fold down the rear drivers side seat to access the storage area behind the seat? The passenger side has a release, none on the drivers side. Trying to install a subwoofer behind this seat.
You cannot fold the driver side rear seat down/forward. The only reason the passenger side will go forward is to give you access to where the truck’s jack and capless fuel funnel are stored.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I found a small lock and spring behind the back located on the right side that’s reachable when the seat is folded up. I don’t know why they made it so difficult to open but there’s a tiny lever you need to pull up on. It’s a pain in the butt to get it to lock again once you fold it back up but it’s doable.
Do you have any pictures of this? The only way I could see that part of the rear seat going down was by forcing/damaging it.

rjpicucci

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew XL
Take a look here and get one of these (pick your brand). 2020 (late model version) still works... it's about a 10 minute install. Finding the latch is difficult the first time. Lift the seat part first and it will pivot the back forward a bit so you can reach in and find the latch.
https://www.amazon.com/YANWEN-Super...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

P.S. You need to lift the seat part to latch it back after too. If you don't lift the seat, it won't line up to latch again.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blue Beast

Blue Beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
What sub option are you using? I’m debating on installing an AudioControl LC7i or a PAC-Audio amp pro 4 interface (when it’s released) to plug an entire aftermarket sound system into the 12” stock head unit. Just waiting for a YouTube tutorial to watch it all first.

Thanks that worked, got it open., I couldn't figure it out. I am going with LC7i and a 10" JL powered ported sub

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Wow
Take a look here and get one of these (pick your brand). 2020 (late model version) still works... it's about a 10 minute install. Finding the latch is difficult the first time. Lift the seat part first and it will pivot the back forward a bit so you can reach in and find the latch.
https://www.amazon.com/YANWEN-Super...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

P.S. You need to lift the seat part to latch it back after too. If you don't lift the seat, it won't line up to latch again.
holy crap I never knew this was possible. Why would this not be a standard feature.

rjpicucci

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew XL
Wow

holy crap I never knew this was possible. Why would this not be a standard feature.
I'm not sure. It's almost as if they don't want you to find it. Putting one of those straps on works great though.

OP
OP
Blue Beast

Blue Beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
I'm not sure. It's almost as if they don't want you to find it. Putting one of those straps on works great though.
Yes I agree, why didn't ford place a pull tab like on the passenger side. I sat in the back of my truck last night for 20 mins searching for something to pull, many cuss words followed after I could get the seat down. I just wanted to measure the space for a subwoofer I want to install.
I wonder if it is a security feature to keep people from getting to the factory installed subwoofer and taking it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Okay
can someone get a couple pics of this thing.
and explain how to lower it..
ive had mine a week now and because of the morons learning to drive in the ice and snow here, it has stayed in the driveway, and the old truck is till being used.

Wakevictim

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 3.5L eb
Occupation
Military
Thanks that worked, got it open., I couldn't figure it out. I am going with LC7i and a 10" JL powered ported sub
What location are you getting the signals from the stock speaker wires to the LC7i? Are you tapping into the stock speaker wire or cutting them? I have an entire audio system from a previous build and can’t wait to install it.
Sponsored