First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
The 7/8" extenders I linked above do fit the F150, I checked them yesterday.
Sponsored

ptricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
the chime gets me every time in my wife's Subaru which I can't seem to disable. Annoying!
There's a trick to disable the chime in Subaru's - worked with my '14 Forester & my '16 Outback. Turn the key to ACC (or pushbutton without being on the brake). Click & unclick the seatbelt 20 times within 30 seconds. Best done with two hands. One hand holding the seatbelt release button and the other clicking the buckle. Reminds me of the old Konami code...

The chime will reset when the battery dies or is disconnected.

Drufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lead Foot Lariat
There's a trick to disable the chime in Subaru's - worked with my '14 Forester & my '16 Outback. Turn the key to ACC (or pushbutton without being on the brake). Click & unclick the seatbelt 20 times within 30 seconds. Best done with two hands. One hand holding the seatbelt release button and the other clicking the buckle. Reminds me of the old Konami code...

The chime will reset when the battery dies or is disconnected.

That worked in my 09 forester and 14 Outback but not the Ascent.

OP
OP

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
To disable seat belt alarms on the ford f-150, close the doors, put on the parking brake and turn the headlight switch off. Unbuckle your seatbelt and turn the key off. Turn the key on and wait for a couple of minutes until the seatbelt warning lights turn off. Buckle and unbuckle about three times and have it end with a seat belt unbuckled.
How to disable the passenger seatbelt alarm on a ford f150?
Ford F-150 How to Disable The Seatbelt Charm? 1627041043231

www.vehiclehistory.com/questions/how-to-disable-the-passenger-seatbelt-alar…

I have not tried this yet. Note is says Passenger belt and the link is not working for me

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
For the whiners and hall monitors above, lots of folks use their trucks on farms and worksites where they move around in small increments and get in and out dozens of times without ever going on a road. For these owners and for those who have disabilities indicating not wearing seatbelts (there are many) Ford provides a specific software procedure to disable the seatbelt warning. DISABLING THE SEATBELT WARNING IS AN ACTUAL FORD TRUCK FEATURE so please get over yourselves. I always wear a seatbelt, but my wife and I often get a chuckle when mounting our motorcycle for another adventure on a mountain road far from the nearest EMT - and I tell her to buckle up. We do carry rescue insurance and have needed to activate it twice in remote locations, but the idea that you can or should eliminate risk quashes life quality.

Deactivating the Ford F-150’s Belt-Minder™ Seatbelt Alarm Feature
This procedure walks through how to disable the seatbelt alarm on the Ford F-150. Please note that the driver and front passenger warnings switch on and off independently. In order to disable the seatbelt alarm for both, you will need to follow this procedure twice. Before Getting Started: Make sure that (1) the parking brake is set, (2) the transmission is in park, (3) the ignition is off, and (4) the driver and front passenger seatbelts are unbuckled.

1. Without starting the engine, switch the ignition ON.

2. Wait until the seatbelt warning light switches off (this will take about one minute).
    Wait an additional 5 seconds before proceeding to Step 3.
  3. Choose which seating position you would like to switch off. Buckle then unbuckle the seatbelt 3x, ending in the unbuckled state.
    Wait for the seatbelt warning light to switch on before proceeding to Step 4.
  4. Buckle then unbuckle the seatbelt one more time. The seatbelt warning light should flash to confirm that the operation was successful.
How Do I Re-Enable My Belt-Minder™ Seatbelt Alarm?
Once the Belt-Minder™ seatbelt alarm is disabled, you will be able to re-enable the feature by repeating the exact same procedure outlined above. Just as it is with disabling the feature, you will have to re-enable the driver and front passenger seatbelt alarms separately.

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Another way for the farm worker or the in and outer on private land is to wrap the belt around the back of the seat and snap it. Belt is long enough for that. Just checked it in my '21.

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
  1. Without starting the engine, switch the ignition ON.

2. Wait until the seatbelt warning light switches off (this will take about one minute).
    Wait an additional 5 seconds before proceeding to Step 3.
Did not work in my '21. The warning light never turned off after 5 minutes. ???

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Repeat:
Nice video and followed EXACTLY as was stated and seat belt icon never went off after 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Worked for me. Make sure you don’t turn on the truck fully, just the ignition.

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Even early today while making some Forscan changes it never turned off. You make those changes with ignition only. As stated followed exactly and it never turns off in my truck.
Sponsored