Sponsored

How to clean food / dirt stuck in leather seats perforations?

Pjeffries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Has anyone found a good way to clean out the little bits of food and dirt that get stuck in the perforations of the leather seats? Prefer not to push it on through to the inside off the seat. I used a stiff brush on my shop vac but I don't think it's getting picked up, just pushed in.
Sponsored

NYLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Null
Has anyone found a good way to clean out the little bits of food and dirt that get stuck in the perforations of the leather seats? Prefer not to push it on through to the inside off the seat. I used a stiff brush on my shop vac but I don't think it's getting picked up, just pushed in.
Perforated seats are a nightmare. Been there. Wait until someome accidentally spills something on it. It’s in the seat cushion foam forever.

Sponsored

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
This has been one of my concerns. I have forbidden all food items in the truck, and allow only water to be consumed while driving. My wife has made it clear she thinks I'm being obsessive.

I thought that if I were faced with having to clean out the seats, I'd turn up the seat vents to max, set my shop vac on high, and see what I can extract.

If there was a serious accident, such as a sick passenger, I'd probably just replace the seat(s) altogether.

NYLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Null
This has been one of my concerns. I have forbidden all food items in the truck, and allow only water to be consumed while driving. My wife has made it clear she thinks I'm being obsessive.

I thought that if I were faced with having to clean out the seats, I'd turn up the seat vents to max, set my shop vac on high, and see what I can extract.

If there was a serious accident, such as a sick passenger, I'd probably just replace the seat(s) altogether.
If I had someone get sick I’d yank it out and replace too.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Bought my daughter one of the preserved flower globes for Valentines day. Went to put in my truck and sit it on the center console when my thumb went right through the glass. Crap got everywhere and pretty much filled up my drivers seat. Beyond pissed! Now my truck smells like vinegar everytime I get in it. I assume its glycerin. :mad:

NYLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Null
Bought my daughter one of the preserved flower globes for Valentines day. Went to put in my truck and sit it on the center console when my thumb went right through the glass. Crap got everywhere and pretty much filled up my drivers seat. Beyond pissed! Now my truck smells like vinegar everytime I get in it. I assume its glycerin. :mad:
That really sucks!

OP
OP

Pjeffries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Thanks for everyone's reply. I tried "thumping" the seat with the small nozzle on the shop vac. Aside from one stubborn part, it worked well.

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
MY KID SMEARED THE CHOCOLATE ICING FROM A BISMARC DONUT INTO THE PERFORATION.
I USED A LIGHT BRUSH TO GET MOST OUT AND THEN HIT IT W THE AIR COMPRESSOR AND BLEW IT OUT OF THE HOLES.
Sponsored