First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I agree with the previous post... paint it.
Sponsored

TommyGun

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT & 2013 Ford Escape
Occupation
Environmental Scientist
I took a wire brush to the rust, then sprayed it with Krylon High Heat Black =, then a cosomline rust inhibitor

OP
OP
Lippy

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I can paint the driveline but I can't paint the exhaust. Right now I'm leaving this and have initiated a BBB case. Hopefully they can help push Ford to do the right thing. If I'm unsuccessful, then I'll paint it myself.

Buschlatte

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I'm planning to spray a rust converter, then some quick rattle can black.
exactly what I did

wire brush on a drill, rust converter, flat black after that, fluid film after that.
The rust is superficial, it’s just annoying on a new car but will not cause any problems.

the only reason I did that to mine was the fact that I am on 12 weeks of paternity leave and I am going stir crazy in the house. I am tinkering with that truck everyday, I am so bored haha

tewest86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 5.0
Occupation
Engineer
Is there a Structural Engineer on this board? I'm Civil but not structural. From my experience with steel, it really is just surface rust. You have to take into account the thickness of the steel to determine if it is really jeopardizing the strength of the material.

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
The link below is a thread talking about how to take care of Ford’s colossal slap in the face to its customers. What is amazing is all the people that say a massive amount of rust on a new truck is silly to worry about are the first to post on threads clearly titled to show what the thread is about. If you don’t mind being stump broke by Ford leave it rusty. If you like to take care of your ride read this:
https://www.f150gen14.com/2021/04/09/axle-rust-on-2021-f-150-how-one-member-treated-it/
Sponsored