Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@asouza68

I would suggest to have the ipmaerase all calibration and recalibrate it fresh.
It’s not available in forscan but it is in fdrs.
It erases all learned calibrations and makes it completely fresh

the other option is to put your old ipma in pull all the as build and drop it in the new one.

And make the changes needed for APA.

I really feel it’s a calibration issue.
All of those functions woll not work without a calibration that is good

I don’t typically suggest it because ford is clear but you can try the pro trailer calialso in forscan see if it corrects it. If not then the next would be the complete erase of the learned calibrations and recalibrate
Sponsored

asouza68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platnium
@asouza68

I would suggest to have the ipmaerase all calibration and recalibrate it fresh.
It’s not available in forscan but it is in fdrs.
It erases all learned calibrations and makes it completely fresh

the other option is to put your old ipma in pull all the as build and drop it in the new one.

And make the changes needed for APA.

I really feel it’s a calibration issue.
All of those functions woll not work without a calibration that is good

I don’t typically suggest it because ford is clear but you can try the pro trailer calialso in forscan see if it corrects it. If not then the next would be the complete erase of the learned calibrations and recalibrate
Thanks for the suggestions! I had the old IPMA as builds and did load them into the 21 IPMA with the APA changes, didn't work. I also tried the Pro Trailer calibration, rear camera calibration, and re did the 360 calibration, those didn't either. I actually tried reloading all the original Forescan as builds, losing all my mods to date, just to see if there was something that impacted that. Knew there probably wasn't but thought I would try. The only mod that I didn't save were the changes you made to activate the BC 1.2, and I haven't found the Forescan changes yet to reactivate that. I've been contemplating diving into the FDRS world, but haven't committed to that investment yet. WIll think harder on the FDRS for your other suggestions. Thanks.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks for the suggestions! I had the old IPMA as builds and did load them into the 21 IPMA with the APA changes, didn't work. I also tried the Pro Trailer calibration, rear camera calibration, and re did the 360 calibration, those didn't either. I actually tried reloading all the original Forescan as builds, losing all my mods to date, just to see if there was something that impacted that. Knew there probably wasn't but thought I would try. The only mod that I didn't save were the changes you made to activate the BC 1.2, and I haven't found the Forescan changes yet to reactivate that. I've been contemplating diving into the FDRS world, but haven't committed to that investment yet. WIll think harder on the FDRS for your other suggestions. Thanks.
tHE ONLY THING THAT WILL PREVENT IT FOORM WORKING IS A CALIBRATION. thAT IS REALLY IT.

i TYPICALLY DO THAT BEFORE SENDING OUT BUT I MAY HAVE FORGOT ON YOURS.

Not sure. But it would be the best bet. To completely start fresh with the calibration. The rear cam is the biggest part of all of the functions you are having issue with

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare
Yes, it's a 2021 that came with what was at the time called "Tow Technologie Package". So, I have Pro Trailer Backup assist, But I do not have Pro Trailer Hitch Assist, When I look back at the order guide, I see that they didn't talk about Hitch Assist as part of the package in 2021. I was hoping to somehow enable "Pro Hitch Assist" at minimum even if ultimately, I can't enable "Dynamic Hitch Assist"

From 2021 order guide
 360-Degree Camera Package (req. Trailer Tow Pkg (53A) or Max Trailer Tow Pkg (53C); incl. Trailer Reverse Guidance) 763
"Tow Technology Package 17T
Trailer Tow Package (incl. Pro Trailer Backup Assist; NA w/ Tow Technology Pkg (17T))
Note: Ordering the Trailer Tow Package does not include Trailer Tow Mirrors. Trailer Tow Mirrors are a standalone option and must be ordered separately. (Option Code: 54W)"

Did you ever get this to work?

Sponsored

texski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch Super Crew, 1997 Lariat Super Cab
Occupation
Retired
From 2021 order guide
 360-Degree Camera Package (req. Trailer Tow Pkg (53A) or Max Trailer Tow Pkg (53C); incl. Trailer Reverse Guidance) 763
"Tow Technology Package 17T
Trailer Tow Package (incl. Pro Trailer Backup Assist; NA w/ Tow Technology Pkg (17T))
Note: Ordering the Trailer Tow Package does not include Trailer Tow Mirrors. Trailer Tow Mirrors are a standalone option and must be ordered separately. (Option Code: 54W)"
I've looked at the 22 Order Guides beginning with 9/15/21. All say under Free Standing Packages:

360-Degree Camera Package (req. Trailer Tow Pkg (53A) or Max Trailer Tow Pkg (53C); incl. Trailer Reverse Guidance)

Trailer Tow and Max Tow include Pro Trailer Backup Assist. Active Park is not an option until Lariat. This leads me to believe that an XLT and above could have had Trailer Reverse Guidance IF it had 360 Camera and 53A or 53C. Auto Park is not listed as a requirement. Trailer Reverse Guidance and Pro Trailer Backup Assist are separate features. I believe they intended, even advertised, Trailer Reverse Guidance AND Pro Trailer Backup Assist as options for 2022 F-150's.

If someone has access (and time) to www.fordesourcebook.com I would be interested to know when this was deleted from new orders. The Order guides were updated, but this verbage never deleted. With all the delays in BlueCruise, et.al, could this have been another software development issue and we should receive this retroactively as an option that was promised but not installed?

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
The term artificial intelligence is a marketing ploy that targets the technologically naive. There does exist "machine learning" technology but this hardly applies to adjusting a vehicle to help connect to a trailer.

When my 2011 pickup had a tailgate camera that pointed down to the hitch ball I was exceedingly happy as I could back up and get the hitch within a fraction of an inch of the trailer hitch with no need for someone to direct me. Some people know how to provide directions with hand signals but they are in the minority. If that is not enough for attaching a trailer then the driver probably should not be towing one in the first place.

Iceman2022

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Controls Engineer
I'm almost afraid to ask, but does anyone have dynamic hitch assist and turn signal views working? I was planning on trying to get the dealer to update my IPMA software when I take it in for recall so I can have the turn signal views, but then I got on this. I did the forscan changes today for the dynamic hitch assist and it errored out as described by others when the truck is suppose to take over. So now I'm not sure if I should try to get a 21 IPMA to get the hitch assist working or just have the dealer update the IPMA software and see if both features start working. I'm out of warranty, so I will be paying for the software update.

'22 302A with max trailering package.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Without that missing chip (hardware) in the IPMA, I don't think ANY software is going to get hitch assist to work. For the same reason Park Assist won't work. They both need that chip to process some portion of the necessary code.
Sponsored