• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How many times can you switch dealers?

strongboy2005

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Honda Accord
Looks like I’m going to have to change dealers again. I switched once early on because of a bad word-of-mouth review of the dealership I had initially chosen, but now need to switch again because the new dealer I picked wants to charge ADM! Can I switch a second time? Is there a limit to the number of times I can switch?

As a secondary question, has anyone worked with Kearny Mesa Ford in San Diego? I’m thinking of switching to them.
Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I’d recommend talking to someone to confirm no ADM before switching again but it shouldn’t be an issue. Just as easy to call Ford again and find out.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
There was no limit to the number of times with the Bronco and expect it is the same for the Lightning.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer, 2021 F150
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Switch dealers for what...service? As often as you like. I sure did throughout my 27 Ford Vehicle purchases over the years and finally ended up with a good one in a rural area.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
So I switched my dealer and ended up getting the $100 deposit back from the old dealership. My Ford account still shows my reservation number, reservation date and it's checked off as complete but now shows a Deposit of $0.00. Do any of you who have switched see this in your accounts?

Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Looks like I’m going to have to change dealers again. I switched once early on because of a bad word-of-mouth review of the dealership I had initially chosen, but now need to switch again because the new dealer I picked wants to charge ADM! Can I switch a second time? Is there a limit to the number of times I can switch?

As a secondary question, has anyone worked with Kearny Mesa Ford in San Diego? I’m thinking of switching to them.
I would appreciate some advice on how to switch dealers with my reservation. Will doing this affect my early time and date stamp?

I chose my small hometown dealer originally thinking they would have a short list of buyers. They are now not responding to my emails asking for an appointment. My second choice (also small town) also has not responded after 24 hours. I am thinking of switching to a larger city dealer.

I checked new vehicle stickers at the prospective dealer and did not see an ADM listed on any, only destination charges. Before I switch I will get at MSRP and no ADM in writing. I will also need to know how many other reservations the dealer now has. Thanks.

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER, Taycan CrossTursimo4, 23 Canyon

What dealer is charging you ADM?

FORDHOSTAGE

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150GEN14
Occupation
Hostage

I would call John at W.C. Sanderson in Healdsburg. 707-477-2207

Small town dealer that WON'T B.S. you or dick you around.

He's so honest it's easy to assume he doesn't really want your business.
That's just how they roll at Sanderson. Really laid back, "here's what we can do". No haggling, no 3-ring circus.

Every new Ford I've ever purchased came from there and I would NEVER even consider another dealer.

I know it's a 4hr drive from where you are but how many times are you going to have to do that?

Either that or go with Grainger & buy a plane ticket.

FORD is AWESOME!
Sponsored