Sponsored

How many on here would pick up their truck directly from the plant?

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
I posted a reply to a previous thread where we discussed the antiquated dealership sales model. Thinking out of the box now...how many on here would pick up their truck directly from the plant. Potentially do something similar to what Tesla does at their service center except it would be at a plant or near the plant. The dealership still gets the credit for everything as well as the "Due Bill" after you inspect upon pickup from factory. Ford/dealership could even charge a small fee for this.

One-way flights are pretty cheap so I'd be willing to do it if it saves me 3-4weeks of time or potentially longer.
Sponsored

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin
What an interesting concept

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Knowing what I know now, I would have recommended that to so many that live in nearby states. California? Ehhh maybe not. But that's a great way to get those break-in miles!

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat
I posted a reply to a previous thread where we discussed the antiquated dealership sales model. Thinking out of the box now...how many on here would pick up their truck directly from the plant. Potentially do something similar to what Tesla does at their service center except it would be at a plant or near the plant. The dealership still gets the credit for everything as well as the "Due Bill" after you inspect upon pickup from factory. Ford/dealership could even charge a small fee for this.

One-way flights are pretty cheap so I'd be willing to do it if it saves me 3-4weeks of time or potentially longer.
Or imagine local brand stores, just like Nike, Apple ... and Tesla (!) are doing.

This seems like a really obvious improvement, but nearly every state has laws (lobbied for by local dealers) granting local dealers an absolute monopoly.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I absolutely would!

My bucket list is to do a European delivery one day. Porsche, BMW, Audi, and some others offer the opportunity to pick up your vehicle from the factory in their respective country of origin.

I’ve specifically researched the BMW European delivery process. They have since ended it, but you used to be able to take delivery of the car in Germany, and they would give you a five day driving pass for the roads including the Autobahn. Afterwards, BMW would ship the car over to the U.S. for you. You would also get a high performance driving school if you purchased an M model!

So yes, I’d be at the guard gate in Claycomo on the morning of 3/3 if I thought it would be the slightest bit productive!

Sponsored

SBrentnall

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.daxiadigital.com
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Occupation
Digital Marketing
I might, if it was nearby. We did something similar with our last Tesla - went to the Hawthorne, CA plant. They REALLY know how to make the pickup feel like a celebration.

We were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived. We had a scheduled appt time, and were led to a desk that had a custom printed placard with our name on it. The docs were all in a folder with our name on it, and the car was sitting in the showroom right in front of the desk. It was already washed, polished and prepped, and had Tesla scarfs wrapped around the headrests as a freebie.

Other car dealerships could take a lesson from this delivery experience!

Ford F-150 How many on here would pick up their truck directly from the plant? IMG_1437 blurred

Ford F-150 How many on here would pick up their truck directly from the plant? IMG_1436.JPG

Ford F-150 How many on here would pick up their truck directly from the plant? IMG_1438.JPG

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I might, if it was nearby. We did something similar with our last Tesla - went to the Hawthorne, CA plant. They REALLY know how to make the pickup feel like a celebration.

We were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived. We had a scheduled appt time, and were led to a desk that had a custom printed placard with our name on it. The docs were all in a folder with our name on it, and the car was sitting in the showroom right in front of the desk. It was already washed, polished and prepped, and had Tesla scarfs wrapped around the headrests as a freebie.

Other car dealerships could take a lesson from this delivery experience!

IMG_1437 blurred.jpg

IMG_1436.JPG

IMG_1438.JPG
Now that’s cool. If a dealer did something like that to a vehicle I purchased, I’d likely be a costumer for life!

SBrentnall

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.daxiadigital.com
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Occupation
Digital Marketing
Now that’s cool. If a dealer did something like that to a vehicle I purchased, I’d likely be a costumer for life!
It made us feel like they really cared about our business. And the irony is that none of these things is expensive to do. There's no reason other dealerships couldn't do something exactly the same.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It made us feel like they really cared about our business. And the irony is that none of these things is expensive to do. There's no reason other dealerships couldn't do something exactly the same.

That is true, its the little things that count!

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
The interesting thing, Ford could almost split the $1600 current delivery charge, and deliver the vehicles near the factory and probably put more money in their pocket.
Sponsored