How Many Miles From Factory?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Yea, it turned out to be 42 by the time I picked it up. It came in with 35 and the dealer getting gas and inspection added 7. I ordered it in July last year. Didn't get built until January. Sat with no status until April and I just got it May 2 with a completely rusty differential like everyone else. Needless to say, I am not happy at all.
July?! Wow! The 35 mile reading makes a bit more sense then since it may have needed to be driven around to and from the surplus lots while waiting to be finished.
Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Hate that when some Plant big shot takes my truck home overnight. Just a perk they give themselves in the name of quality, which is B.S. Just free vehicles and free gas.
2.4 miles is hardly a big shot taking it home

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
Yeah and that definitely isn't happening. They have plant vehicles to drive if someone needed to, when those trucks get past the "Paypoint" they are in Ford terms "sold" and it's a huge liability to have them sticking around. As much as everyone hates these delays on trucks getting built, Ford hates it almost as much. Not just for sales but for the huge liability risk they are under having millions of dollars in inventory that at any moment could be hit by a hail storm or whatever. They definitely wouldn't just be letting someone take home $60k trucks, and all the Ford big shots get management leases.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Right, and they don't put that sticker on the window for 2.4, which makes me think it was in fact 24. Otherwise all of them parked at various storage locations would have that sticker because there's going to be a lot of them with higher mileage than normal now
Yeah and that definitely isn't happening. They have plant vehicles to drive if someone needed to, when those trucks get past the "Paypoint" they are in Ford terms "sold" and it's a huge liability to have them sticking around. As much as everyone hates these delays on trucks getting built, Ford hates it almost as much. Not just for sales but for the huge liability risk they are under having millions of dollars in inventory that at any moment could be hit by a hail storm or whatever. They definitely wouldn't just be letting someone take home $60k trucks, and all the Ford big shots get management leases.
The only thing you got right, is that Management gets cheap leases and can replace them every 6 month. Upper management down to Department Superintendent's do indeed get to drive a different vehicle home every day regardless of what they sell for.

Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Right, and they don't put that sticker on the window for 2.4, which makes me think it was in fact 24. Otherwise all of them parked at various storage locations would have that sticker because there's going to be a lot of them with higher mileage than normal now

The only thing you got right, is that Management gets cheap leases and can replace them every 6 month. Upper management down to Department Superintendent's do indeed get to drive a different vehicle home every day regardless of what they sell for.
2.4 miles of additional test on top of the normal

kly

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Powerboost
Occupation
retired
I picked up my Powerboost April 1st, the day after it was received at dealership. It was the 1st powerboost at a dozen local dealerships.
It had 52 miles on it??

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
29 miles, just delivered to the dealer, had 27 off the train

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
Yea, it turned out to be 42 by the time I picked it up. It came in with 35 and the dealer getting gas and inspection added 7. I ordered it in July last year. Didn't get built until January. Sat with no status until April and I just got it May 2 with a completely rusty differential like everyone else. Needless to say, I am not happy at all.
Just picked up my Lariat yesterday (6-9-21) and thought I'd snap a pic underneath to see what the differential looked like. My truck was built May 21. I guess they decided that they'd better step it up and make them look better. Ford should do a non emergency recall and get those rusty differentials coated.
This is what mine looked like :
Ford F-150 How Many Miles From Factory? 20210610_100350

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Mine had 3 miles on it when I picked it up

mwf5888

First Name