Sponsored

How many km / miles on your odometer at delivery?

SuperDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
If you had things added like tints or bed liner you can kind of understand them driving it to the places to get it done but I think a lot of times it’s just some inconsiderate employees taking your car out for a ride especially when it’s something as nice as a brand new mustang or a new model year truck.
Well, I didn't have anything added to the car. I don't know where they got gas to fill the tank, but it was a dealership in a small town and surely there had to have been a station close by.
Sponsored

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
My granger truck had like 40 miles on it.

I am not sure why. Maybe they let people test drive it? Even though it was a custom order?

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I don't remember the miles that was on mine when I got. I had it picked up at Granger & shipped to me but the odometer statement they gave me said 38.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My granger truck had like 40 miles on it.

I am not sure why. Maybe they let people test drive it? Even though it was a custom order?
If your truck was involved in any commodity holds after it was built, the miles were because it was driven to and from storage lots and repair buildings. Also, some trucks are driven to different rail yards to be loaded onto trains. The miles add up.

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
If your truck was involved in any commodity holds after it was built, the miles were because it was driven to and from storage lots and repair buildings. Also, some trucks are driven to different rail yards to be loaded onto trains. The miles add up.
That raises a quick question some of us have in the Build Weeks 1/10, 1/17, and 1/24 threads. If a truck is put on chip hold, does it go to a storage lot and is it then moved back to the assembly line or someplace else to install the chips when available, which would account for some of the miles?

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
That raises a quick question some of us have in the Build Weeks 1/10, 1/17, and 1/24 threads. If a truck is put on chip hold, does it go to a storage lot and is it then moved back to the assembly line or someplace else to install the chips when available, which would account for some of the miles?
If it is on Chip Hold, it is transported to a storage lot. When the parts are in, it is then retrieved from the lot and brought back to the site.

I can't comment on exactly where they are finished because I don't see that where I work. For Dearborn built trucks, I believe they either go to the repair bays in Final or to the MOD building to be finished.

stans2000

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
If it is on Chip Hold, it is transported to a storage lot. When the parts are in, it is then retrieved from the lot and brought back to the site.

I can't comment on exactly where they are finished because I don't see that where I work. For Dearborn built trucks, I believe they either go to the repair bays in Final or to the MOD building to be finished.
@Pioneer74 Any idea on how long the wait is for Chips?

Last edited:

stans2000

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150