• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How many EV tax credits does Ford have left under current law?

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
I know that many of us are hoping for the new $12,500 tax credit legislation to pass, but for this topic, I'm only interested in how many tax credits Ford has remaining under the current $7,500 law. I tried using google to find my answer, but the most recent data I could find was from June 2020. At that time, it seems that Ford had about 76,000 tax credits remaining before they ran out. Given that Mach-E's seem to be flying off of dealer lots and there are already over 100,000 preorders for the Lightning, it seems like a lot of people will not be able to take advantage of the credits if the tax law pertaining to them ultimately does not change. Anyone have any insight?
Sponsored

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
It ends 6 months after they hit the max number. It has been discussed here that anyone that gets a 22 model will be able to get the full credit. Beyond that, who knows.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
No information on this site (that I can find) regarding how many vehicles can be sold before the manufacturer is no longer eligible.
Once they report to the EPA that they have hit the 200,000 mark, this will update with dates for the phase out. There is no vehicle number limit under the phase out.
Right now it is anyone's guess as to when this will be as Ford can time deliveries to alter exactly when they deliver #200,000. I would imagine that they will want to time that deliver to be at the beginning of a quarter so that they will have the most time possible to deliver vehicles under the full credit.

This page is linked from that previous one and give a breakdown of sales per quarter.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/irc-30d-plug-in-electric-drive-motor-vehicle-credit-quarterly-sales

Sponsored

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
If Biden wants his Green New Deal to work he will have to extend this or its going to flop without the credits.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
If Biden wants his Green New Deal to work he will have to extend this or its going to flop without the credits.
The Lightning Pro SR is *much* cheaper than a comparable gas F-150.

The Lightning XLT SR is basically the same price as a comparable gas F-150, but much cheaper to operate.

If you go with the big battery or fancier trims the differential increases, but I think they'd be able to sell enough to max out production for a while, even without the tax credit.
Sponsored