Sponsored

How many days since you ordered (still waiting on delivery) thread

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
This is a nightmare of a vehicle in logistics terms. Think about how many different parts they have that we pick from. The chip and foam cushions might be the big ones, but I bet there are some unique items that are holding up peoples builds. That would explain some builds from Feb still being held up. It is easier to find a Mach-E than the F-150 I want.
Sponsored

dgrizz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 escape, 2018 f150 king ranch, 2021 f150 king
Occupation
Retired
201 days and counting. No current ETA.

9/30/20: Ordered
1/15/21: Assigned VIN with blend date 2/10/21
2/15/21: Went into production, where it still remains today

I initially had an ETA in March, but that came and went, then disappeared. The tracker on this site and on Ford’s site both show it as in production. Unlike some on here, I’ve never not been able to see my window sticker.

My build: Lariat Powerboost 501A 145, max tow, FX4, sunroof, wheel well liners, antimatter blue. No offsite stuff like a tonneau cover or bed liner.

Below is a pic of the tracker from 2 days ago; it’s the same today.

My dealer has always been responsive and kind with my inquiries, which I really appreciate. I am supremely frustrated with the situation though and as some have mentioned before, this experience has completely taken the joy and excitement out of getting a new truck and has really soured me on Ford. This truck will really have to knock my socks off for me to seriously consider Ford for my future trucks. I know that that statement probably won’t go over well on this forum, but that’s how I feel. ?‍♂ Better communication and and transparency from Ford over the past 7 MONTHS would have gone a long way.

B85226E2-6CDC-4D47-858F-BB7CAFD5446A.jpeg
Very well said, the fun of buying a new truck is gone. At least your salesman is still a stand-up guy! Not trying to defend Ford here, but I truly hope it blows your socks off!!

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
OCDoug, maybe the difference in the bread crumb trail between yours and some others (like mine), did you have any accessories that needed to be installed Offsite (i.e. Spray-in Bed Liner, Wheel Well Liner, Tonneau cover)? If not yours is maybe just sitting and waiting for what ever part is is short (chips?) where as mine went offsite for further accessories and is sitting waiting for what ever part (chips?) in a different place....??
I had this thought as well, but I couldn't confirm. I ordered wheel well liners (no bed liner or tonneau), so presumably it still needs to go offsite and get those... and then come back and sit around for awhile.

I really feel for all you guys and gals that have been waiting longer than me. I'm already soured on the experience after ~4.5 months. I don't think I'd make it to the 6-7 month mark.

Better communication and and transparency from Ford over the past 7 MONTHS would have gone a long way.
This is the most important thing. I just want communication and some insight behind the delay on my truck in particular. I shouldn't have to go ask someone on a random forum for the actual updates on my truck (this is more my dealer than Ford), and I shouldn't have to read through countless other news and speculation threads to surmise that my truck is (potentially) sitting in a lot indefinitely waiting on chips.

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Very well said, the fun of buying a new truck is gone. At least your salesman is still a stand-up guy! Not trying to defend Ford here, but I truly hope it blows your socks off!!
Thanks. And I hope so too!

OP
OP
Gman73

Gman73

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger, 2021 Ford F-150 on order
Occupation
Facilities Manager
201 days and counting. No current ETA.

9/30/20: Ordered
1/15/21: Assigned VIN with blend date 2/10/21
2/15/21: Went into production, where it still remains today

I initially had an ETA in March, but that came and went, then disappeared. The tracker on this site and on Ford’s site both show it as in production. Unlike some on here, I’ve never not been able to see my window sticker.

My build: Lariat Powerboost 501A 145, max tow, FX4, sunroof, wheel well liners, antimatter blue. No offsite stuff like a tonneau cover or bed liner.

Below is a pic of the tracker from 2 days ago; it’s the same today.

My dealer has always been responsive and kind with my inquiries, which I really appreciate. I am supremely frustrated with the situation though and as some have mentioned before, this experience has completely taken the joy and excitement out of getting a new truck and has really soured me on Ford. This truck will really have to knock my socks off for me to seriously consider Ford for my future trucks. I know that that statement probably won’t go over well on this forum, but that’s how I feel. ?‍♂ Better communication and and transparency from Ford over the past 7 MONTHS would have gone a long way.

B85226E2-6CDC-4D47-858F-BB7CAFD5446A.jpeg
I am with TheGoodLife, this has definetly taken the the joy out of getting a new truck and I feel the same, this truck will need to knock my socks off for me to ever consider another Ford. My wife wants a Bronco in the next 1-2 years and I am not sure that will happen as I too have been soured on Ford.

Sponsored

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I went through the same crap last fall, my snowmobile build date was pushed at least four times. I say at least, because after the first four,I never bothered checking again, because the dates became meaningless. Who cares what the date is, if they just reschedule, or partially build a vehicle, and can't ship it anyways? At least the manufacturer gave me $500 for accessories when it did finally arrive. The least Ford could do is offer a rebate or some extended warranty for those of us whose orders are delayed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gman73

Gman73

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Facilities Manager
I went through the same crap last fall, my snowmobile build date was pushed at least four times. I say at least, because after the first four,I never bothered checking again, because the dates became meaningless. Who cares what the date is, if they just reschedule, or partially build a vehicle, and can't ship it anyways? At least the manufacturer gave me $500 for accessories when it did finally arrive. The least Ford could do is offer a rebate or some extended warranty for those of us whose orders are delayed.
I like your thinking but that will never happen. Ford is more concerned with their bottom line than Customer relations. That has been evident with the lack of transparency and information to people waiting throughout this entire production year.

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I like your thinking but that will never happen. Ford is more concerned with their bottom line than Customer relations. That has been evident with the lack of transparency and information to people waiting throughout this entire production year.
It wasn't a lot different with Polaris last fall, they were even telling us that our machines were built, and that the problem was shipping, but a quick look at the manufacture date proved that wasn't true. But after so many people became irritated with the delays, they decided to offer rebates. I will be going over the vehicle a lot more closely than normal when I do get it though, having the assembly line up and down so often, and moving vehicles around so much, issues are a lot more likely to occur.

Last edited:

Old fart

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 F150 Lariat, 2018 Explorer, 1975 John Deere
Occupation
Retired
Just picked up my Lariat yesterday. Ordered it February 2nd, it came in a couple of weeks ago, but do to our sons passing, yesterday was as soon as I could get it. It was built in the Kansas City plant. Neither I nor my salesman can figure out how I got so lucky that my order went through so quickly! He says he has 11 others ordered which is way above what he would normally have (2). He did say however that all his orders were picked up within the past couple days, including some that went back as far as December.
Truck is the Lariat, 145", spray in liner, wheel well liners, fold up tonneau cover, (which I don't like), 18" Goodyear's, moon roof, front sensors, tow package, 36 gallon tank, 3.55 locking rear end, and I think that about does it. Got a total of $4100 in rebates.

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
I had this thought as well, but I couldn't confirm. I ordered wheel well liners (no bed liner or tonneau), so presumably it still needs to go offsite and get those... and then come back and sit around for awhile.
On the wheel well liners needing to go offsite for build completion, I'm not sure. I know that fact started a while back and since it's been repeated many times. Just doesn't make sense to me for 2 reasons. First before the wheels are put on the axle it literally takes about 10 seconds per side to put on the liners. Also they are standard on the Limited. So I find it hard to believe they actually have to have the car moved from main production line to and offsite facility just for that option on the other trims. But who knows.

Sponsored

dgrizz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 escape, 2018 f150 king ranch, 2021 f150 king
Occupation
Retired
This is the first I heard of this f150 problem, at the dealership today they said my king ranch was being held to replace the backup camera? Maybe just BS?
Anyone else heard this?
Makes me think we could have an interesting thread on dealer/salesman excuses!

OP
OP
Gman73

Gman73

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Facilities Manager
Ordered a Limited yesterday, was told not to expect it for six months.
Based on my experience that sounds about right. At 5 months plus and counting.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Thought I would get a thread going for those still waiting on their trucks to be delivered.

I am currently at 150 days since I placed my order and still no ETA on truck.

My Truck was built in Deabourne and has been sitting on Ramp 59 since March 9th and not moved.
110 days here. Also at Dearborn plant and Ramp 59. The Window Sticker suggests a 04-09-2021 Blend Date but there is still no production date in the tracker. :cautious:

Ramp 59 = F-150 Purgatory