Sponsored

How long is it taking for retail F-150 orders to be delivered?

OP
OP
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT
Story time...

When I received the VIN this month, I was told to expect delivery around July 28. I have a leased Tacoma which I was already planning purchase and sell privately (have you seen used truck prices?!). Clearly, my objective was to time my Taco buyout & private sale as close to the F150 delivery as possible. Based on the popularity of this tracker/topic, you can guess I have about as much control over this situation as I do my 2-year old during a tantrum.

So I preemptively list my Tacoma last week for an obscene price. Lots of tire kickers (and exporters actually), but no bites. I pull the listing, then repost last Friday for something more reasonable (still above MRSP). A company called CanadaDrives comes take a look at it and offers me close to asking, pending clean title. I request a deposit, but he insists that can't be done without a sales order, and that can't be done until I have clean title. On top of that he asks that I remove the listings and stop taking viewings. Against all better judgment, I agree in good faith. Then I contact the Toyota dealership and they give me a complete runaround on a lease buy out. I have to come in to book a lease buy-out inspection (money grab), and book another appointment to actually purchase the truck. Oh wait, I have to pay all these doc fees and give back my plates, then purchase new ones. Also, they don't have appointments for 2 weeks (wtf!). Anyways, after a lot of back and forth, I get everything done and settle my lease Monday. So I get that done, then the Purchaser Agent from CanadaDrives (for my Taco, if you're keeping up) goes completely dark on me, unresponsive, and customer service has no record of my sales order either. F%$K! Now I'm concerned that I have to repost the bloody ad and go through this whole song and dance again (serves me right for not taking a deposit). Meanwhile I'm punishing myself scrolling the Gen14 forums looking for anything I might be missing to help me track my Truck - where the hell is it?

Well in the middle of a zoom call this morning I get a text from the Ford dealership. My truck is in! This is then followed by a text from a CanadaDrives agent saying that my original contact had a personal emergency (explaining the unresponsiveness). They will honor the verbal agreement and pick up my Taco this afternoon. How's that for timing!

So here I am trying to document this emotional rollercoaster from start to finish. Thought someone might appreciate this.

@Derek Cherewick
For a reference, the tracker last week was showing July 28, then updated this week to Aug 5 (still showing this date). Now it's delivered on July 21. Go figure

Hopefully this is a good sign for all those waiting on pins and needles.
Wow great story and congratulations on the timing. Maybe I should have bought out the lease on my 2018 Explorer and sold it privately but as it is my dealer has extended it for 3 months already while we wait for the F150. My current ETA End Date says August 8 so I'm sure it will be sooner. Cheers!
Sponsored

Sponsored