Sponsored

How long is it taking for retail F-150 orders to be delivered?

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT
My Production Date was April 1, 2021. The ETA End Date was recently changed from July 31, 2021 to October 31, 2021. When do you think it will be delivered?
Sponsored

yamamanr1m

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT 302A Rpd Red Spr Crew 6.5ft - 3.5 EB
Occupation
Telco Engineering
Ordered mine on March 29th... Estimate built week is June 21st... No ETA .. No more information... Priority 19... If I have mine on mid July ... I will be happy... but I don't really think so...

jpsutka

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
My order date was April 13th. Build date was May 27th and tonight the status changed to “in transit” with an ETA of June 11th. Somehow I got incredibly lucky…. Dodge the windshield and the steering gear recalls, and apparently it sailed through assembly. I’m not usually lucky with things like this. I’d be extremely pissed if I order last year and still have to wait months to take delivery… the system doesn’t seem fair

OP
OP
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT
My order date was April 13th. Build date was May 27th and tonight the status changed to “in transit” with an ETA of June 11th. Somehow I got incredibly lucky…. Dodge the windshield and the steering gear recalls, and apparently it sailed through assembly. I’m not usually lucky with things like this. I’d be extremely pissed if I order last year and still have to wait months to take delivery… the system doesn’t seem fair
Wow that's awesome! Is yours a Lairat? Did you get spray in liner?

Sponsored

powerboost_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PB XLT 302A & 2021- PB Lariat 502A
Order my 2021 Powerboost XLT 302A FX4, with spray-in box liner, 7.2Kw pro power on March 31, 2021 and picked it up on June 2, 2021.

Noog604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB
Ordered Apr 4, and was told shortly after that I shouldn’t expect delivery before end of the year. I was losing hope big time when chip shortage became a thing. Got my VIN end of June out of nowhere. Been in transit for a few weeks and have tracked it from Alberta through BC destined for Vancouver, getting close now. Just checked ETA Aug 5.

XLT 302a PB with spray in bed liner. Considering myself one of the lucky few. Seems like the PB are getting prioritized perhaps? Not sure if that’s a thing. Wasn’t long ago I was was going to throw in the towel for an off the lot model. Glad I stuck it out.

OP
OP
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT
Ordered Apr 4, and was told shortly after that I shouldn’t expect delivery before end of the year. I was losing hope big time when chip shortage became a thing. Got my VIN end of June out of nowhere. Been in transit for a few weeks and have tracked it from Alberta through BC destined for Vancouver, getting close now. Just checked ETA Aug 5.

XLT 302a PB with spray in bed liner. Considering myself one of the lucky few. Seems like the PB are getting prioritized perhaps? Not sure if that’s a thing. Wasn’t long ago I was was going to throw in the towel for an off the lot model. Glad I stuck it out.
How are you tracking it in transit? Mine is now in transit and I would like to track it. Thank you.

Redskins5

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Government
How are you tracking it in transit? Mine is now in transit and I would like to track it. Thank you.
Your dealer should be able to tell you how it is coming, Mine was able to tell me it is coming from Dearborn to Jacksonville fla by rail and was able to give me the rail car number. I then can track the rail car number thru CSx railroad. It left Dearborn Friday, Arrived in Ohio Yesterday, left Ohio today and is due in Jacksonville Fla Sunday after two more stops. if it is coming totally by truck you can track in Palsapp if it actually gets updated, Some do Some don't. If it is going west then you would tack thru Union Pacifc instead of CSX but would still have to get rail car number from dealer.

Sponsored

Noog604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB
Derek, Call this number for Ford Canada
1800-565-3673

You'll need your VIN and order number. I ask for the last known location - mine was in Tunkwa, BC - I had to Google it. I haven't tried asking for the railcar, that seems like a more accurate method. However, I'm unsure if there is a way to track for CP rail... Keep us posted what you're able to find out.

OP
OP
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT
Derek, Call this number for Ford Canada
1800-565-3673

You'll need your VIN and order number. I ask for the last known location - mine was in Tunkwa, BC - I had to Google it. I haven't tried asking for the railcar, that seems like a more accurate method. However, I'm unsure if there is a way to track for CP rail... Keep us posted what you're able to find out.
So I called and got a very nice lady that had less information than I have lol. After the call there was a survey that didn't work properly.

Noog604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB
So I called and got a very nice lady that had less information than I have lol. After the call there was a survey that didn't work properly.
well that’s unfortunate. Maybe try locating the rail car per @Redskins5

also, I find there’s a spectrum of competencies with customer service in general. You could try calling again for someone else.

Noog604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB
Story time...

When I received the VIN this month, I was told to expect delivery around July 28. I have a leased Tacoma which I was already planning purchase and sell privately (have you seen used truck prices?!). Clearly, my objective was to time my Taco buyout & private sale as close to the F150 delivery as possible. Based on the popularity of this tracker/topic, you can guess I have about as much control over this situation as I do my 2-year old during a tantrum.

So I preemptively list my Tacoma last week for an obscene price. Lots of tire kickers (and exporters actually), but no bites. I pull the listing, then repost last Friday for something more reasonable (still above MRSP). A company called CanadaDrives comes take a look at it and offers me close to asking, pending clean title. I request a deposit, but he insists that can't be done without a sales order, and that can't be done until I have clean title. On top of that he asks that I remove the listings and stop taking viewings. Against all better judgment, I agree in good faith. Then I contact the Toyota dealership and they give me a complete runaround on a lease buy out. I have to come in to book a lease buy-out inspection (money grab), and book another appointment to actually purchase the truck. Oh wait, I have to pay all these doc fees and give back my plates, then purchase new ones. Also, they don't have appointments for 2 weeks (wtf!). Anyways, after a lot of back and forth, I get everything done and settle my lease Monday. So I get that done, then the Purchaser Agent from CanadaDrives (for my Taco, if you're keeping up) goes completely dark on me, unresponsive, and customer service has no record of my sales order either. F%$K! Now I'm concerned that I have to repost the bloody ad and go through this whole song and dance again (serves me right for not taking a deposit). Meanwhile I'm punishing myself scrolling the Gen14 forums looking for anything I might be missing to help me track my Truck - where the hell is it?

Well in the middle of a zoom call this morning I get a text from the Ford dealership. My truck is in! This is then followed by a text from a CanadaDrives agent saying that my original contact had a personal emergency (explaining the unresponsiveness). They will honor the verbal agreement and pick up my Taco this afternoon. How's that for timing!

So here I am trying to document this emotional rollercoaster from start to finish. Thought someone might appreciate this.

@Derek Cherewick
For a reference, the tracker last week was showing July 28, then updated this week to Aug 5 (still showing this date). Now it's delivered on July 21. Go figure

Hopefully this is a good sign for all those waiting on pins and needles.
Sponsored