Sponsored

How long did it take to ship your truck to Texas?

PGPowerboost

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Financial Professional
Afternoon all,

My truck should be assembled next week so I’m starting to get excited. Just curious what the experience has been getting it shipped to Texas. How long did y’all wait between build date and the truck arriving at the dealer?

Thanks,
Sponsored

Thomasp99

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat
Occupation
IT Exec
Afternoon all,

My truck should be assembled next week so I’m starting to get excited. Just curious what the experience has been getting it shipped to Texas. How long did y’all wait between build date and the truck arriving at the dealer?

Thanks,
It takes about 4 or so days via rail from Dearborn MI - your down near Houston so it may ride the rail to the depot there. Mine was dropped off at the Mesquite ramp outside of the big D then trucked to my dealership.

OP
OP
PGPowerboost

PGPowerboost

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Financial Professional
Thanks, that make me more optimistic. I’ve been reading some of the stories on here about being on the train for weeks.

Thomasp99

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat
Occupation
IT Exec
Thanks, that make me more optimistic. I’ve been reading some of the stories on here about being on the train for weeks.
smaller markets, yes; however, Texas market as you know is large and with heavy infrastructure for trains. now, the trucking to your dealer might take a few days so keep that in mind . I too bought the 22 lariat, your going to luv that truck ! the 3.5 EB 400hp and 500 FP of T can toss that truck around.

OP
OP
PGPowerboost

PGPowerboost

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Financial Professional
smaller markets, yes; however, Texas market as you know is large and with heavy infrastructure for trains. now, the trucking to your dealer might take a few days so keep that in mind . I too bought the 22 lariat, your going to luv that truck ! the 3.5 EB 400hp and 500 FP of T can toss that truck around.
Can’t wait.

Sponsored

Kilo5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PB, Lariat, SCrew, FX4
Afternoon all,

Thanks,
Mine sat at the railyard for 3 weeks before a truck was available to deliver it to the dealer. It was worth the wait.

OP
OP
PGPowerboost

PGPowerboost

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Financial Professional
Mine sat at the railyard for 3 weeks before a truck was available to deliver it to the dealer. It was worth the wait.
Thanks, wouldn’t surprise me at this point.

My salesman said that if they had several trucks waiting for pickup and porters not doing anything that they would go over and pick them up instead of waiting.

Not sure how I feel about someone driving my truck through Houston traffic before me. It could also have been the salesman trying to get me more comfortable with the order the truck and wait model.

Thomasp99

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat
Occupation
IT Exec
Thanks, wouldn’t surprise me at this point.

My salesman said that if they had several trucks waiting for pickup and porters not doing anything that they would go over and pick them up instead of waiting.

Not sure how I feel about someone driving my truck through Houston traffic before me. It could also have been the salesman trying to get me more comfortable with the order the truck and wait model.
Allen, they would not drive them; they would have to truck them as they are all in factory mode setting. In addition, the dealer would not take on the liability at that level.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

krj1053

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lariat F-150
Did you get your truck PGPowerboost? I have one being built this week.

OP
OP
PGPowerboost

PGPowerboost

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Financial Professional
Did you get your truck PGPowerboost? I have one being built this week.
Haha. Not yet, got put on chip hold. Was advised Saturday that it was built with an ETA of 4/5. Got another email yesterday that it was pushed back to 5/20. Tracker still shows built 3/19.
Good luck with your truck!!!

Wookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum Powerboost
Mine's been sitting at the Pearland rail yard for going on two weeks. Ford chat is estimating delivery to the dealer 4/7. The truck completed the build process on 2/25 if that gives you some idea.

Mug Costanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat Powerboost
Hello folks, new here.

Are you chip shortage people seeing this AFTER you get a build date? My understanding from the emails is the build date is set after all the parts are secured. My build date is the week of 4/18, hoping everything goes as planned.

It's being delivered to Bob Tomas in McKinney, are we still seeing a 4-5 day transit? If I have it by June 1 I'll be happy.

Chad.Thibodeaux007!

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Communications
Hello folks, new here.

Are you chip shortage people seeing this AFTER you get a build date? My understanding from the emails is the build date is set after all the parts are secured. My build date is the week of 4/18, hoping everything goes as planned.

It's being delivered to Bob Tomas in McKinney, are we still seeing a 4-5 day transit? If I have it by June 1 I'll be happy.
When did you place the order for your truck and Did you take delivery of it?
Sponsored