Sponsored

How long can a Powerboost sit without running?

Viper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, 2022 F-150 Limited Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
I work for the DOD and often travel for up to 7 weeks at a time. Do I disconnect the battery or use a solar power to trickle charge?
Any ideas or thoughts?
Sponsored

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
I work for the DOD and often travel for up to 7 weeks at a time. Do I disconnect the battery or use a solar power to trickle charge?
Any ideas or thoughts?
Could you remote start it with the ford pass app every day or two? Or set up a scheduled start for once a day with the app?

brendanwebster911

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Military
Any ideas or thoughts?
Like @allJUMPstyle said!

When I goto the field, or deploy, Ive started my tuck using the ford pass app about once every few weeks with no issues. You can even schedule starts.

The only thing to watch for on the PB is to make sure you let the truck run for the full time the app will let it run. Sometimes upon remote start, the engine won't even kick on for the first few mins to charge everything back up.

OP
OP

Viper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, 2022 F-150 Limited Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
Great ideas, as I don't have the truck yet I did not know the APP could do that.
This is good news, thank you very much!

TruckFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch, 2001 f150 Lariat, 2014 Tremor
Occupation
Author
Thank-you for asking the question.

I was just doing some research on this a few hours ago. I have a GM vehicle that had an available battery maintainer for $100. Every few weeks, I plug it in just to keep it charged because I don’t drive it very much...but some of the owners on the forum just keep them plugged in all the time (especially through the winter). It would be nice to have the same option for the F150.
Sponsored