Sponsored

How long after ordering a F150 does it take for the dealer to get a order number and/or build date?

Klinter

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 XLT, 2021 F150 Lariat PB
I ordered a Lariat 501a, PB, Max Tow, Tow Mirrors, V. Blue color, on Feb 22, Vin on Mar 5. No Production Date as of yet. Ordered in Canada.
Sponsored

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
Good question, Joe. And yes, you are correct: My order originally had the trailer TPMS & video option, which was subsequently cancelled. However, while that resulted in me paying the new, higher price for the Max Tow, it did not affect my order date (as sworn to by Albert at Granger who had 5 customers with that experience). And that's correct, I have neither a VIN nor build date yet. (I've read mixed claims here about which precedes the other...but doesn't matter if I don't have either. ;) ) FWIW I corresponded wish the dealer yesterday, explained I too thought something was 'off', and he agreed to research the order further. We'll see...

Jack

Chasinsparks

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Sho, 2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired United States Army
I'm thinking that's why mine is taking a little longer. I specifically did not order max recline or the work surface.
Yeah kind of a shot in the dark figuring out the ordering system/logic.

Gman73

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger, 2021 Ford F-150 on order
Occupation
Facilities Manager

Sponsored

Sbdavis1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 Lariat ordered 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Financial Planner, Lawyer
Not sure I understand where you are going with this.....
I was joking that no one would want to hear about you getting a VIN next day and a build date within a month after some of the waiting some people here have had or are still having.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I was joking that no one would want to hear about you getting a VIN next day and a build date within a month after some of the waiting some people here have had or are still having.
What Chasinparks experienced is the way it should work but he is truly an outlier on the good side. Very rare and is not the norm.

Ordered sept, built early feb, rusted on ramp59 for 7 weeks, shipped this week. And I consider myself lucky as there are others built in January stuck in production. It truly is a crap shoot.

How long? As someone else said perfectly, there is a huge shortage in parts and in crystal balls.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
One thing I saw posted elsewhere is that some vehicles could potentially be getting held as they were in the production window for one of the recalls. Why you wouldn't address that and get the vehicles shipped is another question entirely. At the same time, I'm not sure why you'd produce/build a truck you didn't have an the parts for. It just seems like a QC nightmare unless you have indoor, climate controlled, secured storage

Chasinsparks

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Sho, 2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired United States Army
AH I know I look at some of the others and wonder how that came about too. Now I'm waiting to see if the April 5 build week holds.

Inshore97

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Pilot, 2015 Genesis 3.8bSWD
Dealer says they placed my order 4 weeks ago for King Ranch 6.5 bed... still no vin, it was loaded but wow, I guess Ford is really challenged

Sponsored

Moto_775

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XLT
Occupation
Portfolio Manager
Ordered on 4/17 with no vin or order acceptance as of yet. My dealer said they are expecting 2 month but have someone who ordered a powerboost in December that hasn’t been received. Sold my 2009 f150 already so the sooner the better on my end!

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
December order (12/18), cancelled by Ford in January (1/12). January re-order (1/13), VIN arrived 4/14 (3 months later). Build date supposedly 5/24 but I don't believe it. Late July delivery is my hope, early august delivery is my expectation - or ~7 months from ordering.

Jack

Rahul

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platty PB, 18 Audi Q7, 12 Infy G37x
Occupation
IT Professional
Ordered 4x2 on Apr 7, edited order to 4x4 on Apr 9 , received VIN Apr 17 with build week of June 7. Checked with Pioneer 74 and got a build week of May 24 but have zero hopes :)

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
I talked to a dealer a week ago on two trucks shown on their website asking if they still have them. He replied they never had them and had no idea when they would arrive as the KC mfg. plant is all but dead.