First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader
I cut my ground also. I don't care about code. How about them apples? At what point
Does this become unsafe? What has to go bad to cause injury?
Kind of funny when you realize how many existing houses still have knob & tube wiring, i.e. no ground. I think nearly every guitarist has been shocked at one time or another with a hot chassis.

Why we're not all at room temperature is beyond me. :)
Sponsored

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Kind of funny when you realize how many existing houses still have knob & tube wiring, i.e. no ground. I think nearly every guitarist has been shocked at one time or another with a hot chassis.

Why we're not all at room temperature is beyond me. :)
Lol. I'm in the middle of remodeling a flipper house now. It's full of tube and knob and the newer 40 year old conduct wiring uses the conduit as ground.
I've been shocked so may times in my life I'm immune. My grandfather taught me to lick my fingers and stick one in a screw in fuse hole and touch the other finger to ground. He gave me a quarter for every second I held. Later I got stuck screwing in a light bulb on a wet basement floor. The one that almost turned off my lights is when I backed into a 240v cable. Got me in the small of my back. That sucker hurt! I grew up working in electronics

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Considering the statistical odds of NOT surviving riding motorcycles daily for just short of a half century (15 years old to 60+), I'm going to be less than paranoid with using ProPower to run the fridge and lights during power outages.
Oh the irony if I get taken out by my Powerboost. :)

It's just too insanely awesome to not leverage it every opportunity that arises.
Sponsored