How I did 12.3% below MSRP

jpmtz

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
I started with the spec’s from Ford's "Build and Price" website, and their MSRP of $46,230. Got a $42,246 quote from Granger. I sent that number and the same spec’s to about 20 other dealers near and far. Some respond, most did not. I had to go back and forth with several of them as they tried to figure me out... I stuck to the facts of what I wanted, “an out-the-door price”. (with kudos to yourautoadvocate: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzGxSaDv_5dgSe4RgJ99sfA) Their videos were very helpful in understanding what and how to do the deal.

It took me nearly two months and over 70 emails (I counted them) of back and forth until I felt I had done all I could do. Only twice did I meet face to face with a salesperson, and the second time I PUT MY MONEY DOWN!

(Generally speaking, $1,000-1,500 under invoice is a fair deal.) All my computer clicking and sore eyes from staring at the screen got me $2,837 below invoice. My final o-t-d price was $40,500 (w/o Ford financing, which if I take, will bring it down another grand.)

My math figures approximately 12.3% below MSRP.

CAN’T WAIT TO GET MY TRUCK (3,4,5,6,7) MONTHS FROM NOW!
Sponsored

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
I started with the spec’s from Ford's "Build and Price" website, and their MSRP of $46,230. Got a $42,246 quote from Granger. I sent that number and the same spec’s to about 20 other dealers near and far. Some respond, most did not. I had to go back and forth with several of them as they tried to figure me out... I stuck to the facts of what I wanted, “an out-the-door price”. (with kudos to yourautoadvocate: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzGxSaDv_5dgSe4RgJ99sfA) Their videos were very helpful in understanding what and how to do the deal.

It took me nearly two months and over 70 emails (I counted them) of back and forth until I felt I had done all I could do. Only twice did I meet face to face with a salesperson, and the second time I PUT MY MONEY DOWN!

(Generally speaking, $1,000-1,500 under invoice is a fair deal.) All my computer clicking and sore eyes from staring at the screen got me $2,837 below invoice. My final o-t-d price was $40,500 (w/o Ford financing, which if I take, will bring it down another grand.)

My math figures approximately 12.3% below MSRP.

CAN’T WAIT TO GET MY TRUCK (3,4,5,6,7) MONTHS FROM NOW!
Doing your homework and persistence pays off. Well done.
Most of us on this forum will tell you that it's worth the wait.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Msrp on my XLT was 62,000?? and after working with 10 dealers managed to get 10,500 off and worked them down on loan rate to 3.49%. A lot of time spent on phone and many emails. Took a long time just to get them to provide the initial price on the right build that I sent them. Starting the negotiations in February I dropped 5 dealers right away as they were only offering the discounts available through Ford and nothing more. The other 5 wanted the business.

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 3.5 EB, Super Crew, 4X4
I feel pretty fortunate that the only dealer I emailed was my local one. I sent him my build and he offered $1,500 below invoice before any incentives. I ended up stumbling into a $2,500 cash offer as well. I did finance the entire purchase with Ford to get the add'l $1,000 off and am refinancing with my credit union at 1.99% , and the finance guy beat Flood ESP by $200 for extended service.
Sponsored